Thoughts on Garrett Gilbert in off-season?

PIZ

I saw him live when Carolina played Jacksonville in a preseason game back in August.  I thought he looked better than Chad Henne during the game.  I didn't know anything about the guy at the time, but he looked good against backups.  If we let TJ Yates go then I don't have much confidence in this guy making the team.

Edited by CviewBills

3 hours ago, PIZ said:

I think he's a free agent at the end of the season.  Maybe ERFA.  Know anything about him?  Currently 3rd string on Panthers.

Name one 3rd string QB on another team in the last 20 years who ever went to another team and became a good starter.  I mean seriously? 

Bills wont keep 4 QB's...Rookie, Peterman and Webb...question is who starts next year, rookie or Peterman?...this is all assuming they dont keep TT and/or draft a new QB

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Name one 3rd string QB on another team in the last 20 years who ever went to another team and became a good starter.  I mean seriously? 

If Im not mistaken, I think Favre was sitting behind Chris Miller and Billy Joe Tolliver in ATL in 1991..1992 went to GB...its only been 8 years since he retired but more then 20 since he was a 3rd stringer tho :)

Edited by Tsaikotic

I'm confident the Bills scouting department, and the GM and new Coach, have a report on Mr. Gilbert. If he is better than any other options, no doubt they'll go after him. If not, I guess we'll never see him sit on the same bench his father did.

6 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I think the following we're 3rd stringers at one point or another:

Fitzpatrick.

Matt Moore.

Jeff Blake.

AJ Feeley.

Not a great list, but you never know.

Tons of famous 2nd string QBs.

Hostettler.

Plunkett.

Brady.

Farve....he may have been a 3rd.

Dak Prescott.

Flutie.

Frank Reich.

Plenty more I can't think of right now.

Edited by PIZ

2 hours ago, Tsaikotic said:

Bills wont keep 4 QB's...Rookie, Peterman and Webb...question is who starts next year, rookie or Peterman?...this is all assuming they dont keep TT and/or draft a new QB

If Im not mistaken, I think Favre was sitting behind Chris Miller and Billy Joe Tolliver in ATL in 1991..1992 went to GB...its only been 8 years since he retired but more then 20 since he was a 3rd stringer tho :)

He was a first round pick and only 3rd string because Jerry Glanville hated him and he was acting like Johnny Manziel for his time there