Teenage girl denied life-saving brain surgery because insurance company says no

2 hours ago, westerndecline said:

Another question

Does the dr decide what is "experimental"

Or does the insurance agent?

Insurance agent? You disingenuous little !@#$ , you. You know damn well that insurance agents have no say in this outcome. It is the insurance company's advisory board that reviews these cases. They have determined that the procedure that the girl wants is experimental and that they will not pay for it. They will pay for the more expensive procedure that is more conventional, thus negating any comments here about their greed.

You add nothing to this board. You should just go away.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Insurance agent? You disingenuous little !@#$ , you. You know damn well that insurance agents have no say in this outcome. It is the insurance company's advisory board that reviews these cases. They have determined that the procedure that the girl wants is experimental and that they will not pay for it. They will pay for the more expensive procedure that is more conventional, thus negating any comments here about their greed.

You add nothing to this board. You should just go away.

Disingenuous?

Does the advisory board answer to medical drs or the shareholders?

Next

27 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Disingenuous?

Does the advisory board answer to medical drs or the shareholders?

Next

They approved the more expensive procedure. I've refuted your original post and everyone since, you dumb !@#$. You are obviously not suited for reasonable or intelligent discussion. Just go away.

3 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Neither.

Science decides.

Common sense would work too, but that died a long time ago.

The person paying the bills decides.  Kind of like your mother when you want the new expensive Xbox for Christmas and she tell you no.  You'll stick with the one you have for now. 

Again, I suggest you learn how insurance works.  

Edited by Chef Jim

25 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Did the expensive procedure take into account liability genius???

Whether its more $ or not

Thats not what the !@#$IN DR WANTED NOW IS IT???

Why is the dr not making the decision 3rdnlng???

You're an idiot.

8 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Who is western?

Pasta Joe

Gator

Connor

Baskin

Billsfanforever

No way does a complete random retard find his way to a political forum on a Bills fan board and immediately begin posting in a pattern so similar to some of our previous morons.

Oh the world is full of his type following his same MO.  I lived in the Bay Area of 8 years so I've had first hand experience with that type of person.  They argue on emotion only.  It's frustrating as hell.  

The effectiveness of the laser surgery has not been established.  Meaning it might work or it might not.  If it works, that will be borne-out over time and then covered.  She likely will not die in the meantime because of her epilepsy.

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

The effectiveness of the laser surgery has not been established.  Meaning it might work or it might not.  If it works, that will be borne-out over time and then covered.  She likely will not die in the meantime because of her epilepsy.

And she also has the option of the more intrusive surgery that is conventional and one that Aetna will pay for.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh the world is full of his type following his same MO.  I lived in the Bay Area of 8 years so I've had first hand experience with that type of person.  They argue on emotion only.  It's frustrating as hell.  

Amen.

He has nothing but bluster,

I am forced to equate him with Gator, 

Only for amusement purposes, not serious enough to engage.

2 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Which one did the dr decide moron

She can have any procedure that she wants as long as her doctor is willing to do it. Aetna is not preventing her from anything. Did you notice above that you are being compared to some of our worst all time posters? That comparison is well deserved.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

She can have any procedure that she wants as long as her doctor is willing to do it. Aetna is not preventing her from anything. Did you notice above that you are being compared to some of our worst all time posters? That comparison is well deserved.

Then why did the ins comp not go along with the dr?