More from obd

29 minutes ago, section122 said:

How about vindication from all of the pot shots in this thread?  The repeated being called a fraud?

As I said earlier if you think he is full of it no sweat.  All of this will play out and we will know whether his info was good or not.  No reason to rush to judgement on this.  Enjoy the info, if it is wrong what harm was done?  I enjoy getting inside info.  Posts from Leroi and Nevergiveup are an awesome part of this board.  Why are people in such a rush to push anyone with a source away?  Which thread is better, this one or the one that says we are blowing this year by not tanking even though we currently sit in the 6th seed?  There are many threads here.  Those of you that don't think the info is legitimate post in those.  Those of us that want to see if this is legit would prefer he not be chased away.

Agree, if the bills sign Cousins then shady bills fan will have to apologize then walk the plank.  

19 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

They are investigating and they will eventually find the source (S/he is near retirement ) until then they are going rogue. at that time, no more inside information   Leroi says hello

he said they made the call but Colts would want too much   Smith is his guy   We may trade up for him

I'm confused Don. Is your source a former employee you hunt with or a current employee that's on the way out who talks with the former employee that you hunt with. Is it a man, a woman, a heshe? Are you employed by the Bills now? You keep referring to "We". Who is this "We". Are you referring to You, your source, your source's source or the Bills. If this "Source" has gone rogue, does that make him/her a sleazeball and unprofessional for telling a person who tells a person who posts it all on an internet forum. Does it make all of you sleazeballs? I'd honestly like to know how you and these other people think of yourselves. Good Decent people, you know, the ones everyone looks up to and says they are stand up people, don't go rogue, they sure as hell don't look for vindication on an internet forum. What kind of person are you and these others you speak of?

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wouldn't surprise me, we already know they are willing to move up for players they really like (Zay, Dawkins). Think the cost would be too high though, if they could get a team ~10 spots up to accept a 2nd and a 5th I could see it happening. I'll be keeping an eye out for those players you mentioned a few pages back... thanks for the info.

If we sign cousins we want any first round picks to move up

1 minute ago, RobH063 said:

I'm confused Don. Is your source a former employee you hunt with or a current employee that's on the way out who talks with the former employee that you hunt with. Is it a man, a woman, a heshe? Are you employed by the Bills now? You keep referring to "We". Who is this "We". Are you referring to You, your source, your source's source or the Bills. If this "Source" has gone rogue, does that make him/her a sleazeball and unprofessional for telling a person who tells a person who posts it all on an internet forum. Does it make all of you sleazeballs? I'd honestly like to know how you and these other people think of yourselves. Good Decent people, you know, the ones everyone looks up to and says they are stand up people, don't go rogue, they sure as hell don't look for vindication on an internet forum. What kind of person are you and these others you speak of?

.....but, other than that, he’s a BIG fan!   :)   

20 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

he said they made the call but Colts would want too much

So much of that crap started when greenie reported it on mike and mike and it was all talk

5 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

I posted that earlier on the board 

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I looked up some of these players and this is very believable. Smith is an obvious fit for our defense. Landry and Chubb are pass rushers which we need. McGlinchey strong tackle with multiple years starting in college. Wilkins takes over for Dareus or Kyle Williams. Denzel Ward is versatile with long arms, exactly the kind of CB McDermott likes. I'm on board with these picks.

Happy, you are a good man.  You do the research instead of insulting others.  Thank you for your kindness

7 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

So much of that crap started when greenie reported it on mike and mike and it was all talk

I posted that earlier on the board 

Happy, you are a good man.  You do the research instead of insulting others.  Thank you for your kindness

....gotta believe Star is in the mix with the "Carolina Connection" as well..........

3 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Have not confirmed trade package.  Here's what we do know.  Cousins is still under contract with the Redskins.  The Redskins do not want to franchise him.   It will cost them roughly 35 million to do that.  They are not sure if they want to or can sign him to a long-term deal. Prior to free agency, a team cannot talk to a player of their agent which is true but they can discuss a trade.  The Redskins are probably going to let Cousins walk and want something in return.  Cousins would not mind being reunited with Dennison (Connection to WNY). They have an excellent relationship and Cousins respects him. This is why Dennison's future hinges on Cousins coming to Buffalo.  If Dennison is fired then you will know Cousins is not coming.

Why wouldn't we wait until he is released so we do not have to trade draft picks - we would have to compete with 31 other teams for his services.   If we can trade for him, we have our QB.  We would not trade for Cousins unless a long-term deal could be worked out.  It will be expensive 25million + plus numerous draft picks.  The package we heard is outrageous so we want to confirm before we share.  Again, McDermott loves Cousins (Preparation and commitment)

Where will the money come from?  Tyrod will be traded or released after the season.  Two landing spots are Jacksonville or Denver.  Wont get much  if they wont trade a 6th or 7, he will be released.  Glenn will be traded or released.  The problem is his health that is why Beane tried so hard to trade him before the deadline.  Wont get much for him but will be a salary dump. If Kyle does come back which is highly likely at this point, it will be at a reduced salary, our fullback will be released, we are stuck with Clay.

If this does not work out, 50-50 chance, we may go after Alex Smith.  He will still be 20 million plus too but we wont have to give up as much to the Chiefs.(3rd and 7th is what we would offer)  If those both go south, we will make Peterman our #1 and will sign an experienced quarterback to compete with him or back him up.  The bills are paying close attention to what happens in Minnesota.  The only qb they like in the first round his Darnold.

I know many people on this board are saying Cousins is not worth 20+ million dollars.  I don't disagree but the reality is that a franchise or supposedly franchise quarterback will be north of 20 million.  Heck, the Bears gave Glennon 18 million to hold a clipboard.  We are used to a paying peanuts for our quarterback and that is why we have not reached the playoffs.  More to come.

I don't know if any of this is based on hard information, but all of it is reasonable.  If a trade is in the works for Cousins, I imagine it would be dependent on Buffalo having worked out on a contingent long term deal with Cousin's agent.  Either that, or the trade itself would have to be contingent on the Bills and Cousins agreeing on a new contract.  Personally, I'm wary of the cost in draft picks of a trade.  I almost like dealing with KC for Alex Smith better because of the cost difference.  

As far as drafting a QB is concerned, I don't know that I agree that no QB besides Darnold is worth a first.  It seems a little premature to me for the Bills to have come to that conclusion.  There are QBs I could see them not wanting to draft in round one.  I think Josh Allen is a 2-3 year project, and you don't want to invest a first round pick who is going to take that long to pay dividends.  I'm still wary of Rosen's football character and Mayfield's off field character.  There are QBs worth considering in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I can't believe this thread and some of the posters who've succumbed to it.

Even if DD actually had a "source" inside, he acknowledged himself that people are trying to find out who's leaking all this info.

Soooo... when you know you have good info getting leaked, don't you think you might put some stuff out there that's not true as misdirection?

Plus, how much time between now and anything he's saying that's true might unfold?  Even if he has a source and the Bills are planning on doing everything they can to get Cousins (God I hope not) and even if that source is accurate, so much can change as we get into things like the draft process with the Senior Bowl, Combine, and interviews with these college prospects.

DD, you asked Shady why he follows you if he doesn't believe you.  It's because, and I'll give you this, you spin a good story, and everyone likes a good story, whether it's fiction or nonfiction  0:)

2 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I forgot to pass along last week, . 

From scouting department. The internal memo we discussed last week

Top 6 potential picks # 1 picks for Bills in 2018 if unable to trade up for Darnold -

Roquin Smith ILB Georgia.

Harold Landry OLB Boston College,

Bradley Chubb DE  NC State,

Mike McGlinsky OT ND,

Christian Walker DT Clemson,  

Denzel Ward, CB Ohio State. 

McDermott wants speed at linebacker.   looks like we will go for the defensive.  

I think Roquon Smith and Brad Chubb would necessitate a trade up.  The rest may or may not drop to the second half of the first round.  Some will, some won't.  I agree, McDermott needs speed at LB to make his defense work at peak efficiency.  Preston and Lorax don't give that.  Milano gives you a bit of it.  He's a 6th round steal, but at some point an upgrade from Milano might be possible in an earlier round.