Week 15: Dolphins' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

Friday's Dolphins-Bills Injury Report

By Alain Poupart - miamidolphins.com

Veteran guard Jermon Bushrodicon-article-link.gif will miss his fourth consecutive game Sunday against the Buffalo Bills. 

Bushrod, who has been nursing a foot injury, was the only player ruled out by the Dolphins when they released their final injury report of the week Friday. 

The list included four players listed as doubtful: QB Matt Mooreicon-article-link.gif (foot), CB Cordrea Tankersleyicon-article-link.gif(ankle/shoulder), S Michael Thomasicon-article-link.gif (knee) and RB Damien Williamsicon-article-link.gif (shoulder). Moore and Tankersley were limited Friday, while Thomas and Williams did not practice. 

Defensive end Andre Branchicon-article-link.gif (knee), cornerback Xavien Howardicon-article-link.gif (illness) and defensive tackle Jordan Phillipsicon-article-link.gif (ankle) all were listed as questionable. Howard and Phillips were full participants in practice Friday; Branch was limited. 

Cameron Wakeicon-article-link.gif, Ndamukong Suhicon-article-link.gif, Mike Pounceyicon-article-link.gif and MarQueis Grayicon-article-link.gif received no game status designation and will be available. 

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Spare me the Peterman will rip it nonsense and the lame excuses for a dismal performance. He was historically awful and not even close to being NFL starter ready. He doesn't know what he's doing and he was darn near picked a couple of times by NE in mop up duty.  Now on to the task at hand this weekend with Miami straight ahead. 

Obviously your opinion is the only one that matters and therefore must be correct. There are many reasons why some of us and I in particular don't post much. You sir are one of them. IMO  a quarterback who will try is going to outperform one who is afraid in the long run. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, rochester rob said:

Obviously your opinion is the only one that matters and therefore must be correct. There are many reasons why some of us and I in particular don't post much. You sir are one of them. IMO  a quarterback who will try is going to outperform one who is afraid in the long run. 

That's pretty darned weak if you're deterred by me.   Trying and screweing up by throwing the ball to the other team is better?  Okay, if you say so. 

3 hours ago, cba fan said:

I would like to add there are studies noted on concussion treatment. The ones cited show it is better for the concussed player to take part in aerobic and cerebral practice activity after a concussion instead of bed rest or inactivity. Something with increased activity brain stimulus and increased blood flow to brain aids the recovery.

Of course this absolutely assumes concussed has no vertigo or headaches or vomiting etc etc that preclude this activity.

https://www.outsideonline.com/1928476/new-science-concussion-recovery

Terrific read, Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

For someone who buries this board with copies of Bills news he sure doesn’t pay close attention.   

2 hours ago, rochester rob said:

Well said.  You really should participate more.   

http://yi.nzc.am/bbox3u

http://yi.nzc.am/bbox3u

Bills rookie QB Nate Peterman practiced for a second straight day with his teammates Thursday, but head coach Sean McDermott said at this point he remains in concussion protocol.

Peterman is currently on step 4 of the return to participation protocol, where he’s permitted to participate in football specific activities, like practice on a non-contact basis.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Now we see in plain sight your motivation for making the ridiculous thread accusing Taylor of faking injury.  Sad. 

Maybe you just expect more from me because I'm part Puerto Rican.

Weather Tracking

Dolphins at Bills -- 25 degrees, mostly cloudy 

What to Watch For

Miami Dolphins (6-7) at Buffalo Bills (7-6)

The Dolphins found their offensive engine in running back Kenyan Drake. The tailback earned back-to-back games with 100-plus rushing yards. It's no coincidence Adam Gase's offense played its best two games of the season with Drake as the featured weapon. The shifty back displays an ability to make defenders miss in the hole and speed on the second level. Drake's dual-threat ability makes life easier for Jay Cutler, as defenders must be wary of quick check downs to the back. Drake should be able to take advantage of a Bills defense that has been gashed by quick backs, ranking 24th versus the run by Football Outsiders. Drake will also see plenty of passes his way as Buffalo struggles versus running backs in space.

Tyrod Taylor returns to the starting role after missing last week's Blizzard Bowl with a knee injury. Will the knee issue curtail the elusive quarterback's ability to threaten defenses with his legs? The Dolphins' defense can bring heat on the quarterback in the pocket, but if Taylor can wiggle past Cameron Wake & Co., there are yards to be eaten by a mobile quarterback. If Kelvin Benjamin (questionable) plays, the matchup with Dolphins rising corner Xavien Howard will be one to watch. Howard is a physical defender who could give Benjamin trouble at the line of scrimmage. If the Bills' No. 1 target is nullified for long stretches, it will be difficult for Taylor to move the ball through the air Sunday in Buffalo.

NFL Research stat of the week: After scoring 15.8 points per game and compiling 285.8 yards per tilt in their first 11 games, the Dolphins have averaged 31.0 points and 364.5 yards per game in their last two matchups.

20 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This is SO TBD bills fan. We're IN the playoffs RIGHT NOW,but y'all wanna play a rookie that's thrown 2 TDs and 5 Ints for a whopping 50% comp %.

I don't think we can win so let's just start pre season early.

AMAZING :wacko:

I think some people secretly want the drought to continue. 

WATCH: DOLPHINS-BILLS PREVIEW (2:56)
Bills' HC Sean McDermott, RB LeSean McCoy, QB Tyrod Taylor and more talk about the matchup with the Dolphins in Week 15.

TOP 10 REASONS WHY THE BILLS WILL BRING THE HEAT AGAINST MIAMI

top-10-week-15-story.jpg

The Bills will take on the Dolphins in their third straight game at New Era Field this Sunday. Here's the top 10 reasons why Buffalo will bring the heat against Miami.

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

21 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This is SO TBD bills fan. We're IN the playoffs RIGHT NOW,but y'all wanna play a rookie that's thrown 2 TDs and 5 Ints for a whopping 50% comp %.

I don't think we can win so let's just start pre season early.

AMAZING :wacko:

I think some people secretly want the drought to continue. 

If the playoffs were to start today you would be correct.  

However there are 3 more games and much can change.    

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If the playoffs were to start today you would be correct.  

However there are 3 more games and much can change.    

To make the playoffs you have to be in playoffs position in the last few weeks of the season. Step one.