Sean McD. You have an amazing tolerence .

Returntoglory

42 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And the dumb argument.

facts are abd what Schoop is saying thr MATH says that was a bad decision. But McD Punted but trusts his defense. 

So didnt he trust his defense what deciding to punt to hold if offense was stuffed?  So what is it do your trust them or not

What math is that? It is a matter of opinion. There is no science or math that takes into account playing in OT, Cant lose game, 6" of snow on the ground, and a 3rd string QB. 

Just now, BillsfanAZ said:

What math is that? It is a matter of opinion. There is no science or math that takes into account playing in OT, Cant lose game, 6" of snow on the ground, and a 3rd string QB. 

And guess what that third string QB had to make a play didnt he even with McD 14 yards he saved with a punt

43 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What is it? You trust your Defense when inside the 20 only. 

Sorry we win yes but you will NEVER convince me what the math says is retarded because you like the coach and want to defend him. 

This is NO DIFFERENCE than Rex Punting in terms of the decision 

You do realize that it is easier to defend a team running plays deep in their own zone than a team running plays from their own 40 right? 

1 minute ago, BillsfanAZ said:

You do realize that it is easier to defend a team running plays deep in their own zone than a team running plays from their own 40 right? 

Is it. Hmmm how did they only save 14 yards with a punt. 

Ooo yeah colts ran the Ball because of the snow. Really hard to figure that out 

Edited by MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Dont forget the internet message board posters on his side because "the Math and percentages"!

While you conveniently forget that Frank Gore ran for 130 yards and LeSean McCoy ran for 156 in these "horrible conditions" to further your position, right? And the Bills ran for a net 227 yards as a team but you're convinced it's a better bet to punt there than attempt to pick up one yard with your playoff life on the line, right? Okay. Got it. 

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

While you conveniently forget that Frank Gore ran for 130 yards and LeSean McCoy ran for 156 in these "horrible conditions" to further your position, right? And the Bills ran for a net 227 yards as a team but you're convinced it's a better bet to punt there than attempt to pick up one yard with your playoff life on the line, right? Okay. Got it. 

There are ppl who just back the Bills no matter what, no matter when they do stupid ****.

McDermott has shown me his colors, I don't like him, I don't want him here, it's that simple.

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The Colts ran the ball because of the snow and they were deep in their own end so they were not taking chances. The Colts running plays from their 40 the Bills defense has to defend a lot more than just the run. You are so stuck on the 14 yards and I am not sure why. 

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You have no idea what would have happened if they did not punt.  Lets say they get stuffed for a yard loss or no gain which happened often in the game.  Colts take ball over at their 41ish yard line.  If the plays happen exactly as they did after the punt the Colts would have moved the ball to the Bills 39 yard line.  It would be 4th and 4.  What if the Colts don't punt there?  What if they go for it?  Maybe they get a first down?  Maybe they don't.  Maybe they punt and pin the Bills inside their own 5.  The Bills weren't driving that field.

Anything could have happened.  You can criticize the call all you want but we won.  Had we have gone for it, it could be a different story with a bunch of scenarios that no one knows how it would have played out.  To say we only saved 14 yards is short sighted.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You have no idea what would have happened if they did not punt.  Lets say they get stuffed for a yard loss or no gain which happened often in the game.  Colts take ball over at their 41ish yard line.  If the plays happen exactly as they did after the punt the Colts would have moved the ball to the Bills 39 yard line.  It would be 4th and 4.  What if the Colts don't punt there?  What if they go for it?  Maybe they get a first down?  Maybe they don't.  Maybe they punt and pin the Bills inside their own 5.  The Bills weren't driving that field.

Anything could have happened.  You can criticize the call all you want but we won.  Had we have gone for it, it could be a different story with a bunch of scenarios that no one knows how it would have played out.  To say we only saved 14 yards is short sighted.

That is EXACTLY what that punt did. You cannot argue outcome and then throw a bunch of hypotheticals. The outcome of THAT PUNT saved 14 yards 

still needed a play from a WR that was cut from another team and your ST player playing QB to win. 

Only way that punt becomes the right call was a TO or defensive score even then not really 

Edited by MAJBobby

Quite simple....stupid call to punt in OT at the Indi 40 on 4th and 1 with mccoy playing great in the snow in those conditions......how many coaches would of punted in this situation...other poster said it perfectly and we seen it many time this season...the coaching on this team plays to not lose thats all....thats sad....McD got very very very lucky to pull this one out......this conservative garbage is not gonna cut it in Gillette stadium in a couple of weeks.....

10 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

The Bills were also stuffed for no gain or a loss 9 times in the game.  Twice on the drive they punted on.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That is EXACTLY what that punt did. You cannot argue outcome and then throw a bunch of hypotheticals. The outcome of THAT PUNT saved 14 yards 

still needed a play from a WR that was cut from another team and your ST player playing QB to win. 

Only way that punt becomes the right call was a TO or defensive score even then not really 

Ok well the punt exactly resulted in us winning the football game if you don't want to argue outcomes.  The hypotheticals are mostly what would happen had the exact same drive from the Colts happened.

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The Bills were also stuffed for no gain or a loss 9 times in the game.  Twice on the drive they punted on.

Ok well the punt exactly resulted in us winning the football game if you don't want to argue outcomes.  The hypotheticals are mostly what would happen had the exact same drive from the Colts happened.

Now want to play other hypothecials ok after punt Colts run the clock out. Which was a likely outcome seeing they ripped off a 10 min drive earlier too right?

Just remember everyone defending this decision with such vigor next time it happens and Bills lose defend it as well 

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Now want to play other hypothecials ok after punt Colts run the clock out. Which was a likely outcome seeing they ripped off a 10 min drive earlier too right?

Except we won the football game.  Look, I agree we should have gone for it.  At least, I would have.  I don't likely know whether that is the right or wrong thing to do.  What I do know is other coaches have punted in that type of situation.  What I do know is we won the football game.  What YOU don't know is if we still win the football game if we had gone for it.  Criticize and complain all you want.  The fact is we won the football game and that's all I care about right now.  Honestly I don't even care much about that with as low a playoff shot that they have.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Except we won the football game.  Look, I agree we should have gone for it.  At least, I would have.  I don't likely know whether that is the right or wrong thing to do.  What I do know is other coaches have punted in that type of situation.  What I do know is we won the football game.  What YOU don't know is if we still win the football game if we had gone for it.  Criticize and complain all you want.  The fact is we won the football game and that's all I care about right now.  Honestly I don't even care much about that with as low a playoff shot that they have.

I like thag we won. But my point is this is how this coach coaches going to be alot more years of missing the playoffs than this one because odds are you lose more than win

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I like thag we won. But my point is this is how this coach coaches going to be alot more years of missing the playoffs than this one because odds are you lose more than win

I expect that McD will be here at least another 2 years.  We shall see.  I don't like the conservative play either.  

Just now, MAJBobby said:

There is things i do like about him though 

Me too.  This team is playing above their talent level IMO.  That's a sign of a good coach.  On the other hand the coach had a hand in removing some of the talent.  I look forward to seeing what he does with the pieces he is given to build the team in his vision.  Hopefully a lot better than the last few regimes.