When the dust settles, I’m mad, and you should be too...

McBean

First off, just because a team loses a lot doesn't mean it was a "tank."

But... the strategy the McBeane duo decided on was awful, and the equivalent of a half tank, which is the worst idea. Either you go all out or you prepare for the future. They wanted both and they got neither (at this point).  We don't know, no one does, if this "process" is going to work. I like a lot of what I see and don't like a lot of other stuff. They need to be given a chance to right the ship. And we may not even know next year. But the wishy washy strategy of this year, to me, is not the way to go. We end up 8-8 and not great picks to get the franchise guy and don't have a great feel for a few players. 

They needed to go one way or the other. 

• Like (+1) 1

You know what i did today?............i had some friends over and instead of sitting in front of the t.v. watching the game, like we usually do, we sat around playing cards and had the game on in the background.

This way, my day was somewhat productive, i was social and didn't have to sit and watch the Bills play like shiite, get bogus penalties and see McD clapping on the sidelines (for no apparent reason, mind you).

It was glorious and i urge every Bills fan to take a time-out once in awhile, sit back and enjoy life.

3 hours ago, Billznut said:

Anyone still thinking the playoffs are a possibility needs to have their head examined. This season is done. Some of us knew it a few weeks ago. Would need total collapses by the Ravens, Chiefs and a few others. And that’s besides us suddenly ripping off wins. Not going to happen. 

Especially when they can’t score a lick

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

First off, just because a team loses a lot doesn't mean it was a "tank."

But... the strategy the McBeane duo decided on was awful, and the equivalent of a half tank, which is the worst idea. Either you go all out or you prepare for the future. They wanted both and they got neither (at this point).  We don't know, no one does, if this "process" is going to work. I like a lot of what I see and don't like a lot of other stuff. They need to be given a chance to right the ship. And we may not even know next year. But the wishy washy strategy of this year, to me, is not the way to go. We end up 8-8 and not great picks to get the franchise guy and don't have a great feel for a few players. 

They needed to go one way or the other. 

I think McBean has been all in on 2018 the whole time, and anything done to "win now" has been window dressing.  The fact we are 6-6 is largely due to game preparation and (gasp) some good bounces.  The Era of McBean starts in 2018.

4 hours ago, McBean said:

I’ve had fun sometimes throughout the season. By posting the cake thread and being reeled in by the fake 5-2 start by this team.

I admit, for a brief moment I bought the hype. Now, as I reflect back, I’m livid.

We have missed an incredible opportunity and really have shot ourselves in the foot. I’m talking 3-5 year setback.

Why you may ask?

We tried winning and losing at the same time. It’s got me pissed off with McBean and company.

We should’ve rolled out Peterman every game this season to see what he has and traded McCoy, K Williams, and Glenn.

Now we’ve missed out on Rosen, Mayfield, Rudolph, or Darnold.

With the collapse of KC we could’ve been looking at 2 top 10 picks. It makes me sick. At this point, we NEED to lose out and so does KC.

If not, we have to trade the house for #1 overall. I would hate to do it but we’ve went long enough and tried too many other options besides selling out for QB.

Until we get a QB, this team will blow past the 20 year mark with no playoffs.

Disgusting and sad!

And you’re saying that this coaching staff can coach good draft picks?  Look at Cleveland how did it work out for them.

30 minutes ago, Sweats said:

You know what i did today?............i had some friends over and instead of sitting in front of the t.v. watching the game, like we usually do, we sat around playing cards and had the game on in the background.

This way, my day was somewhat productive, i was social and didn't have to sit and watch the Bills play like shiite, get bogus penalties and see McD clapping on the sidelines (for no apparent reason, mind you).

It was glorious and i urge every Bills fan to take a time-out once in awhile, sit back and enjoy life.

I hear ya to a certain degree. I missed half the game today as I was busy. But I hate missing Bills games.

The way I look at it is there are only 16 days out of 365 days per year in which they play. So as frustrating as it can be to watch them, the NFL season goes really fast and I try to savour it as much as I can, good or bad.