Should we take a look at other QB flyers?

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

As someone who's watched every game of both of their careers, no.

I know he's not a PS guy, but if you want to sell me on taking a shot on Aaron Murray I'll listen. Just please don't waste time with Evans.

Murray is out of the league, isn't he?

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

As someone who's watched every game of both of their careers, no.

I know he's not a PS guy, but if you want to sell me on taking a shot on Aaron Murray I'll listen. Just please don't waste time with Evans.

Whatever Evans can become, he was way, way too raw coming out of college. Another year might have made a major difference, but there was rumors his family had some serious financial issues and he thought he couldn't wait. He showed lots of promise - but quarterbacks who "show promise" in college rarely make the step up in the pros. 

On 12/1/2017 at 8:52 AM, SoCal Deek said:

The worst thing that'll happen to the Bills is to still be in the hunt in Week Seventeen.  That'll mean TT will still be starting, Peterman will not be allowed a chance to see if it was all just a bad dream, and the 9-7 record will lured OBD to stick with Tyrod for yet another year. Mark my words.

PS: We lose the playoff tie breaker but feel 'good' about a winning record.....YAWN

I know you would be happier with us going 0-16 but it is not going to happen.  Maybe you would be happier being a Browns fan?

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/30/2017 at 3:52 PM, BILLriant said:

I think the best option is to Poach one of Minnesota QBs like Bradford if he can get healthy enough and still draft one in the first round. Bradford would give them a quality player to let the new guy learn under and he wont stay healthy for an entire season so our New guy could take over without a controversy 

I would actually be somewhat surprised if Bradford comes back to the NFL after this round of IR

On 12/1/2017 at 3:56 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Bradford.....career earnings to date: $114 million....career TD's to date: 101.....or $1.128 mil per TD pass.....but he does come with 2 knee replacements and a 30 day warranty.....good investment....

And what is he going to cost you next 3 years?

On 11/30/2017 at 3:48 PM, jmc12290 said:

Should the Bills bring in some other young QB prospects looking forward to next year?  Jerrod Evans was a name bandied around these parts as a sleeper.  He's on the PS of the Packers.  Trevor Knight is another QB who is on the PS of the Falcons.

Should we try to poach these guys?  I'm sure there's some stiff we can cut to carry 4 QB's.  I mean, why not?

Why?  The Bills have a fifth round rookie QB who does not appear to be ready to play in the NFL, so they should replace him with a PS QB from another team who would be even less ready?  Or are you suggesting that the Bills replace Tyrod Taylor with a PS refugee?

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Why?  The Bills have a fifth round rookie QB who does not appear to be ready to play in the NFL, so they should replace him with a PS QB from another team who would be even less ready?  Or are you suggesting that the Bills replace Tyrod Taylor with a PS refugee?

On 11/30/2017 at 3:48 PM, jmc12290 said:

Should the Bills bring in some other young QB prospects looking forward to next year?  Jerrod Evans was a name bandied around these parts as a sleeper.  He's on the PS of the Packers.  Trevor Knight is another QB who is on the PS of the Falcons.

Should we try to poach these guys?  I'm sure there's some stiff we can cut to carry 4 QB's.  I mean, why not?

On 12/1/2017 at 8:52 AM, SoCal Deek said:

The worst thing that'll happen to the Bills is to still be in the hunt in Week Seventeen.  That'll mean TT will still be starting, Peterman will not be allowed a chance to see if it was all just a bad dream, and the 9-7 record will lured OBD to stick with Tyrod for yet another year. Mark my words.

PS: We lose the playoff tie breaker but feel 'good' about a winning record.....YAWN

The only  problem I have with the Bills going 9-7 and losing a playoff tie-breaker is that they miss the playoffs ... and that's likely because of one of the numerous poor decisions made by the Bills FO and/or coaching staff.   Bringing Taylor back for 2018 and taking a QB prospect in the first or second round would be much too sensible for the Bills to ever do, so you don't have to worry your pretty little head about that for the next few months.

OP:  If a team signs a player off another team's practice squad, they have to put him on the active roster.  That means that a player currently on the Bills roster gets cut.  Who would you suggest get the axe (specific player or position) so that the Bills "scouts" get a closer look at some kid who wasn't good enough to make any other NFL roster all season?  This is given the fact that the new QB won't know the Bills playbook, and that the starting QB gets about 80-90% of the coaches' attention and the backup gets almost all of the rest.  What is to be gained by doing this now?  

This is something that the Bills might consider in March when the new league year starts, but not now.  Look how long it took Garoppolo to get up to speed for the Niners ... and don't tell me that he wasn't given a whole lot more attention by the coaches than any PS refugee could even hope to get.

26 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The only  problem I have with the Bills going 9-7 and losing a playoff tie-breaker is that they miss the playoffs ... and that's likely because of one of the numerous poor decisions made by the Bills FO and/or coaching staff.   Bringing Taylor back for 2018 and taking a QB prospect in the first or second round would be much too sensible for the Bills to ever do, so you don't have to worry your pretty little head about that for the next few months.

OP:  If a team signs a player off another team's practice squad, they have to put him on the active roster.  That means that a player currently on the Bills roster gets cut.  Who would you suggest get the axe (specific player or position) so that the Bills "scouts" get a closer look at some kid who wasn't good enough to make any other NFL roster all season?  This is given the fact that the new QB won't know the Bills playbook, and that the starting QB gets about 80-90% of the coaches' attention and the backup gets almost all of the rest.  What is to be gained by doing this now?  

This is something that the Bills might consider in March when the new league year starts, but not now.  Look how long it took Garoppolo to get up to speed for the Niners ... and don't tell me that he wasn't given a whole lot more attention by the coaches than any PS refugee could even hope to get.

Khari Lee.

In March, there won't be a player to steal.  Teams will have them on the active roster or room to put them there.

I WANT him to know the playbook.  He can get started today.  Maybe he'll be ready for the 4th Q of some blowout in January with a limited playbook.  When TC hits next year, he'll have had lots of time with the playbook.  He can hopefully beat out Petey.  If not, oh well.  What is Khari Lee gonna do for us?  Get the second catch of his 3 year career as 5th string TE?

If the Bills decide Tyrod is done, they will need to acquire at least 2 more QBs in the offseason.  They will go into training camp with 4.  Peterman and Webb can be holdovers, though Webb is more of an emergency QB.  Presumably one of the new ones will be a draft choice to compete with Peterman as the official QB of the future.  They will also need a veteran free agent as insurance in case the youngsters don't pan out.  My guess is the budget for a veteran free agent won't be especially high, as the hope will be for Peterman or ??? will end up as the starter, but they will need to offer enough to sign one who is not on the NFL scrap heap.

On 11/30/2017 at 4:52 PM, BILLriant said:

I think the best option is to Poach one of Minnesota QBs like Bradford if he can get healthy enough and still draft one in the first round. Bradford would give them a quality player to let the new guy learn under and he wont stay healthy for an entire season so our New guy could take over without a controversy 

On 12/2/2017 at 12:39 PM, Mat68 said:

No their flyier is on the bench with 5 ints.

Bradford is done. On Ir. Can’t stay healthy.  Gil Brandt on Sirius said his body is shot. At best he might be a backup q.v. but won’t start or possibly even play again.  I trust Brandt.   Pretty good history of knowledge to back him up.  

I am am wondering about our talent evaluators.  Besides Dareus et al , why do so many bills ex players or cast offs do well with other staffs?  Ragland playing well.  ( imho more upside than Preston) , lee taken off our practice squad looks like a rusher we desperately need. Even kailin clay playing better for panthers. Throw in hogan,Woods, gillslee,Gilmore , even nickel Robyn for rams all doing ok or much better than with bills who brought in only throw away player with maybe exception of Benjamin if he gets healthy. Then we use Tolbert in role he is not meant for. DiMarco has done?  Humber still in more than Milano. Tate still allowed to eturn almost every ko where we end up starting behind the twenty every time and stats show it’s harder to score from 20 yd line or worse.   Marcel is loving it down here in Jax now who have a tremendous defense. Geez, this type of constant poor talent evaluation is really embarrassing. Yes they hit on white , possibly zay.  But how does a guy like lee in a need position exposed on the practice squad?   Mcbean not appearing all that. Great so far.  If he doesn’t go for a legit qb in this draft armed with the picks he has, then I think he wiil continue the futility. This is a qb driven league.  Let’s hope he makes a bstter call than he has with his failed roster moves this year.  

2 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Bradford is done. On Ir. Can’t stay healthy.  Gil Brandt on Sirius said his body is shot. At best he might be a backup q.v. but won’t start or possibly even play again.  I trust Brandt.   Pretty good history of knowledge to back him up.  

I am am wondering about our talent evaluators.  Besides Dareus et al , why do so many bills ex players or cast offs do well with other staffs?  Ragland playing well.  ( imho more upside than Preston) , lee taken off our practice squad looks like a rusher we desperately need. Even kailin clay playing better for panthers. Throw in hogan,Woods, gillslee,Gilmore , even nickel Robyn for rams all doing ok or much better than with bills who brought in only throw away player with maybe exception of Benjamin if he gets healthy. Then we use Tolbert in role he is not meant for. DiMarco has done?  Humber still in more than Milano. Tate still allowed to eturn almost every ko where we end up starting behind the twenty every time and stats show it’s harder to score from 20 yd line or worse.   Marcel is loving it down here in Jax now who have a tremendous defense. Geez, this type of constant poor talent evaluation is really embarrassing. Yes they hit on white , possibly zay.  But how does a guy like lee in a need position exposed on the practice squad?   Mcbean not appearing all that. Great so far.  If he doesn’t go for a legit qb in this draft armed with the picks he has, then I think he wiil continue the futility. This is a qb driven league.  Let’s hope he makes a bstter call than he has with his failed roster moves this year.  

The majortity of the moves helped climb Buffalo out of the cap hole they were in and arms them with a wide range of picks.  Simply about qbs, they need to find one with potential to be a franchise qb.  I consider peterman a developmenatal backup.  I would bring in a vet to battle with the rookie top pick.