Pick a Non-Draft T.Taylor Replacement

Dkollidas

Basing this on a few things:

1. Assuming Redskins DO NOT Franchise Tag Cousins again.

2. AJ McCarron wins his grievance against the Bengals and becomes a UFA.

3. Eli Manning asks for and is granted his release from the Giants.

4. Alex Smith is released by Kansas Coty

5. Brees re-signs with the Saints (otherwise it’s basically a guarantee he’s the top option anyways).

6. Minnesota re-signs/tags Keenum, Bridgewater & Bradford become RFA’s. 

Cousins

McCarron

Manning

Smith

Bridgewater

Bradford

To me this could be the best group of QB’s to move around the league in a while. If you manage to get a guy like Cousins, drafting a QB is unnecessary. 

You could go after a younger guy to compete with a Peterman and possibly a mid-Round Draft Pick with someone like McCarron or Bridgewater. 

You could also also go after a guy like Smith, Bradford or Eli to groom whoever you do Draft, whatever point that’s at. 

Basically I’m just pointing out that, adding Taylor to this group, there’s a lot of options for a lot of teams out there this off-season, not even counting the draft.  I want the team to go after another quarterback, but if you’re not totally comfortable with the price to move up, or the guys that are available when you pick in the 1st, or to play any of those guys right off the bat, there’s a myriad of possibilities this off-season.

Regardless, what would you like to see the Bills do this off-season regarding these options?

Edited by Dkollidas

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Cousins is the only one of interest as a franchise guy.

I would take a shot on Bridgewater as a cheap option for the veteran while the rookie develops. It has to be a 1st round QB. 

I wouldn't take Bridgewater for a nickel.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Cousins is the only one of interest as a franchise guy.

I would take a shot on Bridgewater as a cheap option for the veteran while the rookie develops. It has to be a 1st round QB. 

I agree that Teddy would be the perfect bridge between the present and playing a future QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Keenum tagged? :lol:

I get the laughs, but it’s one way of guaranteeing the guy is with you for another year. He’s having an amazing year, and rather than give him a long term deal with guaranteed cash over the course of multiple years, a franchise tag (obviously only if necessary), is a realistic option. We could’ve said the same thing about Cousins two years ago, Washington is now having to look at the possibility of a 3rd Franchise Tag that will give them a 30M Cap hit.

3 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I agree that Teddy would be the perfect bridge between the present and playing a future QB. 

I'd rather keep Taylor

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Why not? If you’re concerned about his injury history,  I completely understand. Otherwise, I think he’d give us similar results to Tyrod. 

Then why not just keep Tyrod?  No injuries and far greater mobility

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I'd rather keep Taylor

Then why not just keep Tyrod?  No injuries and far greater mobility

Because Bridgewater would fit the offense better than Tyrod. Bridgewater and Tyrod have different styles of play as you mentioned. It’s quite apparent that this regime aren’t big Tyrod fans. They might simply feel more confident with a guy like Bridgewater. 

Eli Manning, if we could get him.

He gets zero respect but would be a huge improvement over what we have now.

A new start and change of scenery might do him some good, along with getting out of the NYC pressure cooker.

Edit: PS:  I woud not want him over drafting our own QB

Edited by Fadingpain