Tyrod to start vs Chiefs

YoloinOhio

23 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think Marrone would have stuck with Peterman because he's too stubborn to admit a mistake. And that's why I'm coming around to McD's decision. He's a first year HC, mistakes are going to happen. I can accept that as long as he grows from them. Surely we will see Peterman in action again some time as well. Hopefully he also grows from his experience.

Marrone and his wanting EJ to run a fast paced offense from day 1 of his rookie season was dumb as hell.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Bingo. You guys really need a hobby or help. Or both. the infatuation of hate towards one player is very disturbing. So is taking the effort to create a whole other account just to come back on a message board to spew more  agenda filled nonsense.

Still no answer huh! 

I challenged you to backup the garbage you spew, and you did what you do best, attack posters, and I need help. 

You're useless.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How often do we read this crap?  The experts do know better.  They are paid that for a reason.  They may debate whether he is the future or not and that is fair.

A fifth round pick better then a first round pick......,  100X's better?????

I watch the Bills and see a terrible offensive scheme and not sure how much Tyrod is to blame.  

We now see Dax and that he may not be the second coming when the line not as good and missing his RB. 

Peterman should never have started. No place for a fifth round rookie on the road.

1 hour ago, 1billsfan said:

I challenge you to find me any recent story of Paxton Lynch being a serious option for the Broncos future. If this were ever the case, then why would a total QB failure like Brock Osweiler be the next in line after Siemian was benched? You aren’t making any sense. Also, Nathan Peterman will be eventually seen as 100 times the better NFL QB than Paxton Lynch.

Brock Osweiler was signed because Paxton Lynch was still rehabbing a shoulder injury

Story  Story   Story  And Nice Not-ready Nate Story.

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Marrone and his wanting EJ to run a fast paced offense from day 1 of his rookie season was dumb as hell.  

This. 

There's some attention here to Dak Prescott, and whether a different late round rookie would look "just as good" behind the Cowboy's OL.  I happen to think not, based upon college performance and stats and what was seen in their respective rookie preseasons, but there's a very valid point behind the question:

Other teams offer rookie QB the maximal chance of success by ensuring they have OL that can keep them clean, and by scheming/playcalling to simplify and not expect too much of them.  Russ Wilson was pretty much asked to be a game manager with occasional passes at first.  Andy Dalton.  Yes, even Dak Prescott, a bit of a glorified game manager but still it was kept simple.

We throw them in the pool and say "here, Swim with the Sharks", and pray they come up with that "Sharp Blow on the Nose"

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

Still no answer huh! 

Week 1 - 16 for 28 for 224 yards and two touchdowns.  38 yards rushing.  It should have been three touchdowns, but Clay let one bounce off his hands in the end zone and it was picked off.

Week 3 - 20 for 26 for 213 yards and two touchdowns.  No turnovers.

Week 4 - 12 for 20 for 182 yards and a touchdown.  No turnovers.

Week 5 - 20 for 33 for 268 yards and a touchdown.  53 yards rushing on just 6 carries.  No turnovers.

Week 6 - 20 for 27 for 165 yards and a touchdown.  Touchdown run, as well.  No turnovers.

If you don't consider his play as having a lot to do with those wins, you're either clueless or a troll.

35 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

It's Dak by the way, and he has over 2100 yards 62.8% comp, 16 TDs 7 int, 247 yards rush and 5 TDs.

He is light years better than Tyrod.

How are those light years better then Tyrod when he has a better line, receivers, offensive coordinator and had a running back.

Guess what also.....  He's been lousy the last two weeks & the Cowboys are in a fight for a playoff spot.  Maybe time to bench him.

I like him too, just not great yet.

1 hour ago, NoPlayoffs said:

Week 1 - 16 for 28 for 224 yards and two touchdowns.  38 yards rushing.  It should have been three touchdowns, but Clay let one bounce off his hands in the end zone and it was picked off.

Week 3 - 20 for 26 for 213 yards and two touchdowns.  No turnovers.

Week 4 - 12 for 20 for 182 yards and a touchdown.  No turnovers.

Week 5 - 20 for 33 for 268 yards and a touchdown.  53 yards rushing on just 6 carries.  No turnovers.

Week 6 - 20 for 27 for 165 yards and a touchdown.  Touchdown run, as well.  No turnovers.

If you don't consider his play as having a lot to do with those wins, you're either clueless or a troll.

Of course there is no answer.

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

Man. all this bickering over a bad football team with two mediocre qbs.

What will this look like year 21 of the drought when its officially an adult...

Drink legally? nice but isnt 18 a adult?

Edited by xRUSHx

I think it's a mistake to start a lame duck QB and although I disagree with the decision to start Tyrod I'm sure the coach has valid reasons for doing so. I don't think it will make a difference in the outcome of the game. Vegas doesn't give a  **** about Tyrod playing either... the line moved from Bills  +9.5 to +10 yesterday after the annoucement. Peterman and the teams play was just too brutal to play him this week. 

I don't think he's happy about it either. In the press conference when he said Tyrod needed to "Do his job" I felt like he wanted to say "Do his !@#$ing job and throw the !@#$ing ball". He knows Tyrod can't win in this league. Unfortunately he doesn't have a choice.  

1 minute ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

I think it's a mistake to start a lame duck QB and although I disagree with the decision to start Tyrod I'm sure the coach has valid reasons for doing so. I don't think it will make a difference in the outcome of the game. Vegas doesn't give a  **** about Tyrod playing either... the line moved from Bills  +9.5 to +10 yesterday after the annoucement. Peterman and the teams play was just too brutal to play him this week. 

I don't think he's happy about it either. In the press conference when he said Tyrod needed to "Do his job" I felt like he wanted to say "Do his !@#$ing job and throw the !@#$ing ball". He knows Tyrod can't win in this league. Unfortunately he doesn't have a choice.  

Except TT has 20 wins. So I guess he can win, huh?So nice to see "fans" rooting for the worst when he plays. At 5-4, and with the sixth seed, it was ridiculous for the HC to start Peterman. That is why he got blasted from the  media and other NFL players. Your posting isn't as cocky and snide as it was a week ago. I wonder why. SMH

6 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Except TT has 20 wins. So I guess he can win, huh?So nice to see "fans" rooting for the worst when he plays. At 5-4, and with the sixth seed, it was ridiculous for the HC to start Peterman. That is why he got blasted from the  media and other NFL players. Your posting isn't as cocky and snide as it was a week ago. I wonder why. SMH

...look, the decision was made for whatever reason and by whom, both of which we will NEVER know the answers.....Savage got benched for Watson.....Hoyer for Bethard...Glennon for Tribusky, etc.....don't think any of those came under as much major media scrutiny as Peterman for TT.....panic mode to stop the two game hemorrhaging?....who knows.....look at KC's ship taking on water and Andy has yet to go to Mahomes.....Andy is seasoned and McD is a neophyte pupil of his.....Andy is where he is today, despite a woeful playoff record because he grew and learned from his mistakes as a HC.....no way in hell should McD be entitled to growing pains in his position I guess............

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...look, the decision was made for whatever reason and by whom, both of which we will NEVER know the answers.....Savage got benched for Watson.....Hoyer for Bethard...Glennon for Tribusky, etc.....don't think any of those came under as much major media scrutiny as Peterman for TT.....panic mode to stop the two game hemorrhaging?....who knows.....look at KC's ship taking on water and Andy has yet to go to Mahomes.....Andy is seasoned and McD is a neophyte pupil of his.....Andy is where he is today, despite a woeful playoff record because he grew and learned from his mistakes as a HC.....no way in hell should McD be entitled to growing pains in his position I guess............

There is a reason the national media, and players from around the league really blasted the move. That's not growing pains. Until proven otherwise, this bunch stands the same as the rest of the drought.

9 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

I see your defense is still holding strong JM. what will be your breaking point if they don't go (no way they win 5 out of 6, 10-6) 7-9 as you projected? what if they don't win another game? are you still going to be defending taylor and his record? blame the defense? you blame peterman for the last loss, who do you blame for the other 4?

you're fighting a losing battle here and sooner then later your defense is going to be all for naught.

no, I'm not rooting for players to fail or the team to fail or for coaches to fail. I don't have to, they seem to be doing a good job on their own. difference is, I'm not wearing blinders and seen enough to take that little bit of hope I may of had and sweep it under the rug, where it belongs until they start showing some competence, start contending. thing is, I may not live long enough to see that happen because I'm almost certain it's not happening anytime soon?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I see your defense is still holding strong JM. what will be your breaking point if they don't go (no way they win 5 out of 6, 10-6) 7-9 as you projected? what if they don't win another game? are you still going to be defending taylor and his record? blame the defense? you blame peterman for the last loss, who do you blame for the other 4?

you're fighting a losing battle here and sooner then later your defense is going to be all for naught.

no, I'm not rooting for players to fail or the team to fail or for coaches to fail. I don't have to, they seem to be doing a good job on their own. difference is, I'm not wearing blinders and seen enough to take that little bit of hope I may of had and sweep it under the rug, where it belongs until they start showing some competence, start contending. thing is, I may not live long enough to see that happen because I'm almost certain it's not happening anytime soon?

I think they should beat Miami and the Colts at home as long as TT plays. I also think a 20-18 record for an average at best team isn't terrible. Any other QB on the roster wouldn't have come close to that. He's the best we have had in a bit. I don't think we will ever contend again, to be honest.  I'm for appreciating any win when it comes,now. This bunch needs a QB, new RB when McCoy is traded next season, new O line, new D line and so on. This bunch is as clueless as any other, maybe more so IMO.

Edited by JM2009

7 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

There is a reason the national media, and players from around the league really blasted the move. That's not growing pains. Until proven otherwise, this bunch stands the same as the rest of the drought.

...ALL on the outside surmising, hypothesizing and guessing as much as the TBD gang did, right?.....let us know when you have the actual FACTS and UNSPOKEN OBD truth.....good luck....