Eliminating Net Neutrality Rules Will Favor Carriers Over Internet Content Providers

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I still have one. A 9 yr old Verizon plan I got for the blackberry curve with unlimited data. I buy my phone straight from the factory and cruise well with a free WiFi hotspot, too.

I was talking about wireline/cable as that's where the discussion was.   But even your unlimited wireless data plan isn't really unlimited, as the speed gets throttled after a certain point.  

1 minute ago, GG said:

I was talking about wireline/cable as that's where the discussion was.   But even your unlimited wireless data plan isn't really unlimited, as the speed gets throttled after a certain point.  

Oh, I know it wasn't about wireless. I just like to brag.

And no, it is in the contract that they can't throttle me. I have never seen it lower and less than 12mbps when all over the place in cities and such. My plan isn't one of the new plans that throttles after 22gig and only let's you hotspot until 10gig.

On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Paulus said:

Can any supporters of removing net neutrality tell me why it is a good thing? I'm beat, sorry.

Can any supporters of net neutrality tell me what actual presently occurring abuses the reg would discontinue?  

There are many theoretical abuses that will "go away."  What actual ones will be prevented?  And can/could any of those theoretical ones be remedied by law/regulation promulgation once the abuses actually occur?  If they couldn't be remedied at that point, why not?

Very serious about those Q's.  Have heard/ read many times that the sky will fall minus NN.  Just not sure how that fits reality.

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Can any supporters of net neutrality tell me what actual presently occurring abuses the reg would discontinue?  

There are many theoretical abuses that will "go away."  What actual ones will be prevented?  And can/could any of those theoretical ones be remedied by law/regulation promulgation once the abuses actually occur?  If they couldn't be remedied at that point, why not?

Very serious about those Q's.  Have heard/ read many times that the sky will fall minus NN.  Just not sure how that fits reality.

Imagine if the freeway system was privatized...

Yeah...

13 hours ago, Taro T said:

How long are you willing to wait for an answer?

42 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Has anyone entertained the idea that westerndecline is just a bot, programmed with a bunch of stupid sentences?

Well, his responses are certainly repetitive, and don't really correspond to much.

Unfortunately , for him, I think that he just has very limited vision.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Has anyone entertained the idea that westerndecline is just a bot, programmed with a bunch of stupid sentences?

A bot would appear smarter.  More likely he's working for the SOE, using the board to transmit coded messages to the maquis.  

• Haha (+1) 1