The Switch Makes Me Feel Alive

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

All you have to do to is outscore the other team.   

HAHAA......easy pacheesey eh?  sorry bout the canadian accent there..........well im definately hoping so but not holding my breath on this......okay our defence looked like swiss cheese last 2 games plus we got a 5th round rookie starting 1st time in live NFL action standing behind our extremely piss poor oline (on top of that glenn is out),,,,,faced against one of the best teams in the league at sacking the QB......yeah im abit worried to say the least but hey no TOLBERT!  Now that right there is a positive

23 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Which means 8 visits yes? 8>0

So you would be happy if you had a franchise QB that gets to the playoffs and is pretty much one and done for his entire career here?  I mean, I want to make the playoffs and get the monkey off our backs too, but I strive for more than that.

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

So you would be happy if you had a franchise QB that gets to the playoffs and is pretty much one and done for his entire career here?  I mean, I want to make the playoffs and get the monkey off our backs too, but I strive for more than that.

Don't be ridiculous. Of course I wnat more. But after the past HALF A LIFETIME, I'd take 8 one and outs. that means eight seasons of relevance.

Edited by joesixpack

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Don't be ridiculous. Of course I wnat more. But after the past HALF A LIFETIME, I'd take 8 one and outs.

I think you would be deflated by the second time lol.  I know I would be.  Lets hope we get there this year.  I expect better of this crew next season.

50 minutes ago, JPP said:

HAHAA......easy pacheesey eh?  sorry bout the canadian accent there..........well im definately hoping so but not holding my breath on this......okay our defence looked like swiss cheese last 2 games plus we got a 5th round rookie starting 1st time in live NFL action standing behind our extremely piss poor oline (on top of that glenn is out),,,,,faced against one of the best teams in the league at sacking the QB......yeah im abit worried to say the least but hey no TOLBERT!  Now that right there is a positive

Nice to see you laugh as intended.  

I’m in the mindset that a passing game will help the run which should help scoring which should keep our defense off of the field.  

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I’m in the mindset that a passing game will help the run which should help scoring which should keep our defense off of the field.  

Hope he can get it out fast.....i know he can we sort of seen that abit.....i got my fingers crossed this weekend...believe me all i want is a win and this team to friggin get into the playoffs sometime this century......this team got my hopes up higher this season than i can remember after the good and promising start (ie the play of poyer/hyde and even gaines when healthy)....thought it may of hid some of the deficiencies we had on the offence....but yet again they fooled me.....

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Have the Bills suddenly fixed their defense while the fans and the media were focused on the QB change?  Of course not, so there's no more hope today than there was 6 days ago.   Exchanging one active roster scrub for a practice squad scrub isn't going to do much to improve a defense that gave up nearly 500 yards and 9 TDs on the ground in 2 games.

Actually, sustaining drives and keeping your defense off the field improves their numbers quite a bit.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Have the Bills suddenly fixed their defense while the fans and the media were focused on the QB change?  Of course not, so there's no more hope today than there was 6 days ago.   Exchanging one active roster scrub for a practice squad scrub isn't going to do much to improve a defense that gave up nearly 500 yards and 9 TDs on the ground in 2 games.

2 hours ago, JPP said:

This what alot of people dont seem to understand.......With this team trying to make the playoffs QB switch means squat if you cant fix the glaring problem currently with this team......dont think the defence is going to miraculously fix itself in 1 week but hey you never know......

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

All you have to do to is outscore the other team.   

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

38 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Actually, sustaining drives and keeping your defense off the field improves their numbers quite a bit.

I agree with some and disagree with the others.

The defense was on the field for 41 minutes last week. That doesn't help.

I think I understand things.

I also think I understand that having a passing offense that does not score points,  which you can not even count on to posses the ball long enough to rest, can make players feel hopeless too.

Just I like I did.

Give them some hope that the season is being played for some reason besides sparing Tyrod Taylor's feelings, and that morale boost can help them be energized and play better. Players need hope too.

I think those are things that I understand that are not wrong.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

5 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

fantastic!

And, BTW, I agree - one way or another, tomorrow will be exciting!  

Sad I’m missing opening weekend at Stowe back in VT, not said I’m typing this sitting outside in a t-shirt. ? :beer: