Boldest move since benching Flutie

row_33

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

AS is Benching TT. And there are still a bunch of Butt Hurt TT lovers lingering in the shadows just hoping Peterman fails so they can shout "I told you so!"

Stating that benching Flutie was good for the organization shows an ignorance beyond my understanding. Hint: when RW meddled, it didn't have good results. All of us who actually believe that 20-18 is a pretty decent record for an average team , also support whoever the QB is. I hope Peterman does well because a playoff berth is on the line. If he doesn't, should all of us post the COP- not at all. We have some intelligence.

Just now, Buffalo Ballin said:

Benching Flutie was flat out wrong. Benching Tyrod is fine. Tyrod is benched twice in Buffalo now. It's over. It's Peterman's spot until he gets injured.

He was benched by Whaley because of his injury clause, and a weak attempt to get EJ on the field. Taylor had his best game as a Bill the week before. The team quit because of this.

49 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

1999 Flutie last 8 starts stats

Ravens          155 yards        18of 40    1 TD 3 Picks   QBR   32.8

Skins              211                  16of22     2       0                         133

Phins             157                   10of20     1       0                         93.1

Jets                220                   22of40    1       2                         58.3

Pats               207                    9of16      2       0                         140.6

Giants           184                   15of32     1       1                         66.5

Cards            239                   21of32     2       2                         82.7

Pats              212                   22of35     0       0                         79.7

Total            1585                   56.1%      10     8                         85.8

2 good games (although 9of16 is sketchy) , Two bad games and a bunch of TTesque Dreck

239 was his highest output. I suppose its gonna be the old, "He was playing within the system" BS?

They were 2nd in rushing attempts and scored 15 in the air(13 by Flutie) and 15 on the ground that year. Defense was 2 in points, 1 in yards.

These rose colored glasses you all wear when you think back to the Original Saint Doug are sad. He was a crap, weak armed  QB which is why the owner decided to force the switch.

RJ turned out to be a bum also, this is not my argument.

Did you actually watch the week 16 game against NE? Because if you did, you wouldn’t have written what you wrote above. It was a biblical downpour and windy to boot. You are also unique in criticizing a player for a low number of attempts. Also note above what I said about that Ravens game skewing the stats and the defense they were facing. Arguably the best ever in league history.

Edited by dave mcbride

I grew up on Kelly, Marino, Esiason,Montana etc.

Those were QBs. They led offenses worth celebrating.

I celebrate Phillips’ Defenses. Those were fun to watch. The offense led by Flutie was not exceptional.

The idea that Flutie was on the cusp of some miraculous era and he had the rug yanked out from under him is delusional.

In the other thread I hoped for 17-25 for 225 and 1 TD from a rookie making his first start!

A ROOKIE making his FIRST start.

Or as some of you would say, the APEX of QBing?

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I celebrate Phillips’ Defenses. Those were fun to watch. The offense led by Flutie was not exceptional.

The idea that Flutie was on the cusp of some miraculous era and he had the rug yanked out from under him is delusional.

In the other thread I hoped for 17-25 for 225 and 1 TD from a rookie making his first start!

No one said it was exceptional. The 1999 offense was not great, but it was at least decent relative to the league that year.

Both moves were a shock, this one was a bit premature (but whatever)

both times the coaches sat down and worked it out to their satisfaction that the moves were essential at this point going forward

it's never boring though when you do this kind of thing, still isn't apparently over Dougie.

On 11/16/2017 at 7:57 PM, JM2009 said:

Stating that benching Flutie was good for the organization shows an ignorance beyond my understanding. Hint: when RW meddled, it didn't have good results. All of us who actually believe that 20-18 is a pretty decent record for an average team , also support whoever the QB is. I hope Peterman does well because a playoff berth is on the line. If he doesn't, should all of us post the COP- not at all. We have some intelligence.

He was benched by Whaley because of his injury clause, and a weak attempt to get EJ on the field. Taylor had his best game as a Bill the week before. The team quit because of this.

Benching Flutie was flat out wrong. We were in the playoffs at the time. Terrible move and cost the head coach his job. Rob Johnson sucked. By the way Tyrod is gone when the season is over. Please accept it now.

On 11/16/2017 at 7:29 PM, Buffalo Boy said:

1999 Flutie last 8 starts stats

Ravens          155 yards        18of 40    1 TD 3 Picks   QBR   32.8

Skins              211                  16of22     2       0                         133

Phins             157                   10of20     1       0                         93.1

Jets                220                   22of40    1       2                         58.3

Pats               207                    9of16      2       0                         140.6

Giants           184                   15of32     1       1                         66.5

Cards            239                   21of32     2       2                         82.7

Pats              212                   22of35     0       0                         79.7

Total            1585                   56.1%      10     8                         85.8

2 good games (although 9of16 is sketchy) , Two bad games and a bunch of TTesque Dreck

239 was his highest output. I suppose its gonna be the old, "He was playing within the system" BS?

They were 2nd in rushing attempts and scored 15 in the air(13 by Flutie) and 15 on the ground that year. Defense was 2 in points, 1 in yards.

These rose colored glasses you all wear when you think back to the Original Saint Doug are sad. He was a crap, weak armed  QB which is why the owner decided to force the switch.

RJ turned out to be a bum also, this is not my argument.

The difference between the two bums though was we won with Flutie and lost when RJ played with the same defense and WRs and rbs.  Flutie was a winner. Stats are far less important to me than winning.

On 11/15/2017 at 11:37 AM, KGun12TD said:

Great Move.

TT Season: 9 games played: 163/254, 64% Completed for 1684 yards with 10TDs, 3 Ints.

This is NOT an NFL Starting caliber QB!!!

Neither is 6/14, 43% Completed for 66 yards with 0 TD, 5 Ints.

Great move for a tank... too bad it's too late for that, they were competing for a playoff spot in a horrendous AFC.

It's not even debatable it was an awful move. That's everyone, local and national media, and fans alike are laughing at it. Unless you have some odd motive for it, or is just down right delusional.

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

The difference between the two bums though was we won with Flutie and lost when RJ played with the same defense and WRs and rbs.  Flutie was a winner. Stats are far less important to me than winning.

RJ couldn’t cover the kickoff or correctly review a forward pass.

When you have a top 2 D, Top 6 rushing attack, Steve Christie as your kicker it’s easy to fool a lot of Bills fans into thinking 19 TDs to 16 Ints is a “ Winner” contributing performance.

The same kind of thinking that says TT was a winning QB in games where he got three turnovers from the D ( and still managed to not turn them all into points).

Flutie was NOT a good QB. Put a Jim Kelly on that team and we win it all!!!

9 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Benching Flutie was flat out wrong. We were in the playoffs at the time. Terrible move and cost the head coach his job. Rob Johnson sucked. By the way Tyrod is gone when the season is over. Please accept it now.

Probably is. Hope he lands someplace where he is more appreciated. he is not great, or even good, but he is far from terrible which the agenda group makes him out to be. But you probably still trust the process.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

RJ couldn’t cover the kickoff or correctly review a forward pass.

When you have a top 2 D, Top 6 rushing attack, Steve Christie as your kicker it’s easy to fool a lot of Bills fans into thinking 19 TDs to 16 Ints is a “ Winner” contributing performance.

The same kind of thinking that says TT was a winning QB in games where he got three turnovers from the D ( and still managed to not turn them all into points).

Flutie was NOT a good QB. Put a Jim Kelly on that team and we win it all!!!

TT went 15-14 in 2015 and 1016 when the defense was the main problem with the team. I think I'd take Flutie and TT over RJ and Peterman. But that's me.

On 11/17/2017 at 6:46 AM, Buffalo Boy said:

The rookie was beyond terrible and should never have been put in that spot. 5-4 with the sixth seed still in hand and you bench the starter. That is beyond ineptitude. Flutie played very well in 1998 and made the pro bowl. I can't believe how some posters support failure. Another one who probably still trusts the process.

15 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Probably is. Hope he lands someplace where he is more appreciated. he is not great, or even good, but he is far from terrible which the agenda group makes him out to be. But you probably still trust the process.

TT went 15-14 in 2015 and 1016 when the defense was the main problem with the team. I think I'd take Flutie and TT over RJ and Peterman. But that's me.

The rookie was beyond terrible and should never have been put in that spot. 5-4 with the sixth seed still in hand and you bench the starter. That is beyond ineptitude. Flutie played very well in 1998 and made the pro bowl. I can't believe how some posters support failure. Another one who probably still trusts the process.

Having entered the season with no expectation of playoffs I wasn’t fooled by the start.

Im also not enamoured with .500 ball. (15-14)

Jake DelHomne made the pro bowl one year and Jethro Tull was the first inductee into the “ Heavy Metal” wing of the Rock and Roll HOF. Freaking popularity contest/ feel good story BS.

Choose one side of the fence but don’t ride right down the middle.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Having entered the season with no expectation of playoffs I wasn’t fooled by the start.

Im also not enamoured with .500 ball. (15-14)

Jake DelHomne made the pro bowl one year and Jethro Tull was the first inductee into the “ Heavy Metal” wing of the Rock and Roll HOF. Freaking popularity contest/ feel good story BS.

Choose one side of the fence but don’t ride right down the middle.

Of course you were fooled. We all were. And .500 with this roster, different OC etc  is not bad.

44 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Of course you were fooled. We all were. And .500 with this roster, different OC etc  is not bad.

Hopeful with definite reservation..... kinda  like Peterman.

To be expected when watching a bad team with no playoff hope.

Edited by Buffalo Boy