U of Tennessee search for a HC is a hot, #rogue mess

YoloinOhio

I bet the cretins at Penn State wish they had Mike McQueary killed.  And no I'm not kidding.

He seems to be the only one that consistently draws their ire and he lost his career as part of this.  And he is the one who blew the whistle.  "Double hearsay" is being thrown around a lot.  Nice using legal jumbo jumbo.  What I'd like to know is why would McQueary just make up crap about Schiano?  To sabotage a job he might get in 5 years?  That makes no sense.

In the mean time everyone at PSU continues to close ranks. Paterno's kid, the "expert reporter", the new trustee who has made it his life's work blah blah blah.  If they had only killed McQueary when they had the chance.

And yes it would be a shame for Schiano if he truly knew nothing but pardon me if I can't bring myself to think of him as a victim because he lost out on millions.  I'm pretty sure there were some kids that were the real victims.

The bottom line is that A LOT of people knew A LOT of things about what was going on with Sandusky.  But we don't really know who knew what.  It has not been analyzed with truth as a goal.  It has been analyzed from a standpoint of plausible deniability for the sake of people's careers, a money train and a clear conscience for the true believers. It continues to disgust me years later.

Keep in mind that while it is popular to state that this situation has been caused by the unruly twitter mob, UT is a state institution.  Politicians across the state have also risen up against the hiring.  Keep in mind Tennessee, especially East Tennessee where UT sits is a very conservative and strongly religious state.  The AD and others involved in this decision were obviously disconnected from this backdrop.  

Schiano will likely walk away from the situation with money in his pocket.  The AD probably will not. 

3 hours ago, Cynical said:

Wow... he certainly knows the program and environment.  This says a lot. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.