Bills set some very dubious marks today

Even though I expected an ugly loss today, I don't think even the most negative of fans saw this latest trainwreck coming. But the reality is this team was exposed last week after losing to a terrible Jets (that lost today in Tampa) and solidified their status as a pretender today. Here are some ugly numbers to consider:

- While not ugly fro the Bills,  I pointed out that the Saints are the 3rd team in NFL history to win 6 games in a row after an 0-2 start. The previous two went on to win the SB (93' Cowboys and 07' Giants) and from what I saw today the Saints are certainly the best team in the NFC. Call it a silver lining if you will but still somewhat inexcusable given some of the dubious marks set today and the Saints shattered franchise records for rushing yards and TD's in a game which always seems to happen to Buffalo. Yes this defense is as bad as advertised and knew all along it was a smoke and mirrors unit relying on mostly lucky TO's to keep games close. Also I don't think losing Dareus is the reason they've all of a sudden went over a cliff. They were always on the edge of the cliff and just needed a nudge off it.

- I don't want to hear about 'The Process' because even Rex Ryan's teams never had a game like this so hope the Pegula's are taking note. Nor did any of Rex's terrible defenses units allow 300+ yards rushing and 6 rushing TD's in a game. This front seven is probably among the worst we've seen in Buffalo though during the drought. And it pains me to say it but Kyle Williams is finished and a liability out there. Obviously we have nothing better on the roster to replace him with though but sad that his last season in the NFL ends like this.

-Speaking of the rushing defense, that's almost 550 yards rushing allowed the last two weeks. Not sure that has ever happened in franchise history period.

- The 2011 comparisons are even more eerily similar this week. After losing to the Jets in 2011, we lost our next game in Dallas 44 - 7. Today we lose at home 47-10 which is somewhat creepy. Next up was a 35-08 thrashing at Miami so expecting similar outcome next week in LA. Oddly enough we did play at San Diego that year and lost 37-10 but that wasn't until week 14 and our 6 straight loss.

- Speaking of bad home losses, the Bills haven't lost by 34 or more points at home since the infamous sunday night game in 2007 when the Pats dropped a 56 points on us.

- 18 straight years will be the reality next January. Old enough to vote, join the military, smoke, etc. And if you think otherwise give me some of the drugs your on because I really need them.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

Dennison and Frazier have been found out.

Can't keep doing the same thing week in and week out. The reason the first drive sorta went well was because it wasn't part of the script every teams had a chance to watch tape on.

It's lazy and stubborn. A bad combo.

If there was a disaster, we expected Drew Brees to do his magic and throw for 300+ yards, no pass rush to trouble him, etc. NOT the Saints to simply run down the middle and gain almost a 1st down every run! Worse beating I've seen the Bills take since 07. Their run D had been a strength till the Jets game.

That was one of the worst performances by the Bills that I can recall.  Not sure I have seen a game where the RBs for the opposing team were able to pick up significant yards on almost every carry.  Would have thought adjustments would have been made to stop the run, but maybe we just don't have the personnel to be able to do that.  I think we are too small at DT.  Maybe Marcell would have helped.

Speaking of the 6 rushing TD's, saw another ridiculous stat that this is the first time since 1941 that an NFL team ran for 6 TD's and never punted.

Just mind boggling that this team continues to set new lows regardless of regime change and roster turnover. I'm really starting to believe in the Flutie Curse or Indian Burial Ground stuff.

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Good post bud. Pretty much agree with everything you said

Thanks BF11, this is a very hard day for all of us but these numbers are not only disheartening but totally unacceptable.

And even if a QB change isn't imminent just yet a message needs to be sent especially on defense. At the very least there's no excuse for Milano to not be a full time starter now. Humber was god awful today and among the worst of the front seven including Preston Brown who I really can't wait until he's long gone from Buffalo too.

4 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Thanks BF11, this is a very hard day for all of us but these numbers are not only disheartening but totally unacceptable.

And even if a QB change isn't imminent just yet a message needs to be sent especially on defense. At the very least there's no excuse for Milano to not be a full time starter now. Humber was god awful today and among the worst of the front seven including Preston Brown who I really can't wait until he's long gone from Buffalo too.

Ya Milano should be playing.

Preston Brown is just awful all around