Is every team with 3 losses doomed?

5 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes because no way the Jets magically became a juggernaut and we were their first victim. And if so that also wouldn't bode well for our playoff chances if the jets are about to go on a Miami type of run and win 7 of their final 8 games because they would essentially leapfrog us in the standings.

The Jets exposed this team in every way imaginable on the national stage setting this team up for another collapse considering what's left on the schedule starting this week against a Saints team riding a dominant 6 game win streak.

Just can't see how we are winning more than a few games in the 2nd half if we couldn't win against the Bengals and Jets on the road. Next gen stats and metrics simply aren't trending in the Bills favor right now.

good lord..... so lets use one game to form an opinion other than a whole half seasons worth of work. how can anyone take this seriously? 

as for the jets? they are a competitive team that has held leads against numerous teams this year and just couldn't finish. you'll have to excuse me if i'm not gonna judge our team on just ONE game that was away to a division opponent in primetime. come on man. give me a break.

and are those "next gen" stats still supporting the playoff team in Miami you've been gushing about for weeks now?

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dude, Do you even watch football?   The JETS almost knocked off the Patriots

As much as I say the JETS suck, a loss isn't the end of the world. 

Almost is the key word, but we were thoroughly dominated by them which magnifies the gap between the Bills and Pats and guarantees another sweep by them over us this year.

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

good lord..... so lets use one game to form an opinion other than a whole half seasons worth of work. how can anyone take this seriously? 

as for the jets? they are a competitive team that has held leads against numerous teams this year and just couldn't finish. you'll have to excuse me if i'm not gonna judge our team on just ONE game that was away to a division opponent in primetime. good lord dude. give me a break.

and are those "next gen" stats still supporting the playoff team in Miami you've been gushing about for weeks now?

I didn't expect it but glad we got some help last night from the Raiders.

Dolphins however are right were they were last year and still in the mix at 4-4. And remember last year they were 6-2 in the final 8 games (9-2 in final 11 overall after 1-4 start) and will likely make a similar run this year since advanced metrics are still on their side right now.

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Almost is the key word, but we were thoroughly dominated by them which magnifies the gap between the Bills and Pats and guarantees another sweep by them over us this year.

I didn't expect it but glad we got some help last night from the Raiders.

Dolphins however are right were they were last year and still in the mix at 4-4. And remember last year they were 6-2 in the final 8 games (9-2 in final 11 overall after 1-4 start) and will likely make a similar run this year since advanced metrics are still on their side right now.

dude you crack me up..... seriously. you lay down some gems.

and I would think after some of the statements you've already made that have backfired in the past that you would understand how silly talking in absolutes makes somebody look.

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

dude you crack me up..... seriously. you lay down some gems.

and I would think after some of the statements you've already made that have backfired in the past that you would understand how silly talking in absolutes makes somebody look.

I've rarely been wrong during my time here and have had no problems admitting so when wrong.

But still not sure why some folks have an unhealthy obsession with the Dolphins other than they are  hated division rival who swept us last year. Same reason we'll be lucky to split with them this year best case.

So assuming we can win 1 game against the Dolphins still need at least 3 more for the playoffs and outside of the Colts (who are still playing decent despite their record and Brissett has been LARGE) not sure where we are getting them from.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I've rarely been wrong during my time here.

But still not sure why some folks have an unhealthy obsession with the Dolphins other than they are  hated division rival who swept us last year. Same reason we'll be lucky to split with them this year best case.

So assuming we can win 1 game against the Dolphins still need at least 3 more for the playoffs and outside of the Colts (who are still playing decent despite their record and Brissett has been LARGE) not sure where we are getting them from.

in the last 2 weeks you've talked about how there is no way we beat the raiders..... in fact you said it would be a blowout. and you've gushed about how good the fins looked WHILE they've lost 2 straight..... 

you've been very very very wrong on some things my man. you talk in absolutes and it just makes you look so comical. its the NFL man. week to week can be so different. 

do understand how ridiculous it is to say our season will end in shambles based one blowout loss, but then say the fins are still in good shape and will make the playoffs after a 40-0 loss to a ravens team with a losing record and then another loss to a 4-5 raiders team that we blew out? do you get how absurd that is? no..... you obviously don't or you wouldn't spew such crap onto a keyboard.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

5 hours ago, mjt328 said:

The Bills have a very tough schedule coming up.  The other 5-3 teams have it pretty easy.

This isn’t true. According to Football Outsiders we have the 2nd easiest remaining schedule out of the entire NFL (updated last week so this week isn’t counted yet). That being said our wildcard competitors have the 16th easiest remaining schedule at worst so the whole AFC’s schedule looks pretty easy. No clear advantage there IMO.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This isn’t true. According to Football Outsiders we have the 2nd easiest remaining schedule out of the entire NFL (updated last week so this week isn’t counted yet). That being said our wildcard competitors have the 16th easiest remaining schedule at worst so the whole AFC’s schedule looks pretty easy. No clear advantage there IMO.

we only play 2 teams under .500 the rest of the way out at this point. so i'm gonna respectfully disagree with them. 

go look at a team like the jags schedule and tell me it isn't cake compared to the bills.

19 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I've rarely been wrong during my time here and have had no problems admitting so when wrong.

It's not that you're rarely wrong.  It's that you're usually wrong.  And a troll.

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Either your wrong or FO is, because ESPN and other sites have the Bills remaining schedule among the 5 toughest in the league. On paper alone we only play 2 teams the rest of the way that currently are under .500 (Chargers and Colts, and the former is obviously playing great football right now after 0-4 start).

Jags and Titans are key teams to watch. Jags have very easy schedule left on paper and probably going to finish 11-5 or 10-6 at worse and i still think they are winning that division so the Titans are the team that should be of interest to the Bills. But their schedule is also much more difficult than the Jags thankfully.

22 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

in the last 2 weeks you've talked about how there is no way we beat the raiders..... in fact you said it would be a blowout. and you've gushed about how good the fins looked WHILE they've lost 2 straight..... 

you've been very very very wrong on some things my man. you talk in absolutes and it just makes you look so comical. its the NFL man. week to week can be so different. 

do understand how ridiculous it is to say our season will end in shambles based one blowout loss, but then say the fins are still in good shape and will make the playoffs after a 40-0 loss to a ravens team with a losing record and then another loss to a 4-5 raiders team that we blew out? do you get how absurd that is? no..... you obviously don't or you wouldn't spew such crap onto a keyboard.

Ravens are a better team than the Jets, but like I said all along every playoff team typically has a bad loss or two along the way. Ravens were also one of the Dolphins 2 losses in their final 11 games last year after a 9-2 tear to finish the season and they were similarly blown out by them much like the game a few weeks ago.

In the Bills case though the TNF loss was particularly concerning because it came against a division team that also swept us last year. And in a national TV game in which the Bills needed to play LARGE they came up very SMALL.

Just not sure what to expect the rest of the way but at least we are going to be close to 100% healthy heading into the Saints game and stretch run here.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Bills have four probable losses coming up (NO, NE twice, and KC), two probable victories (Miami and Indy at home), and two tossups. I think 9-7 gets in this season, but I also think that there will be 3 contenders for two 9-7 slots. We really need Detroit to beat Baltimore in Baltimore, but that game is a real tossup. If Baltimore wins, I think they get to 9-7 based upon a pretty easy schedule. I think TN ends up either 10-6 or 9-7; it may be the case that Jax, which I think will win 11 or 12 games, may rest everyone in week 17 against TN given that they'll have the division clinched with 11 wins (they have a ridiculously easy schedule going forward). I also think that NE, Pitt, and KC all win 13 games. 

Anyway, it may come down to conference records for Baltimore and Buffalo. I have the Bills going 7-5 in conference assuming they beat the Chargers and Miami on the road. If the Ravens beat Detroit, they'll go 7-5 according to my predictions. Not sure what the next tiebreaker is ...

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

we only play 2 teams under .500 the rest of the way out at this point. so i'm gonna respectfully disagree with them. 

go look at a team like the jags schedule and tell me it isn't cake compared to the bills.

FO has the Jags with the easiest remaining schedule, the only team easier than the Bills, so that makes sense. DVOA predictions don’t care about record. The Dolphins are a .500 team but have the 2nd lowest overall DVOA so that’s 2 games against a terrible team. Plus the Colts who have likewise been terrible (worst team in DVOA) The Saints are 5th in DVOA, Pats are 15th, Chargers are 22nd.

Again this doesn’t account for the past week so things could change but I wouldn’t expect much movement on the future schedule difficulty.

53 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Hope so.  Wondering how good at getting open he is.  I don't think Tyrod will toss him jump balls. 

He is not a receiver that gets open he is a guy that is open by default because of his arm reach and size, throw it up he goes and gets it. Tyrod doesn't throw to guys unless wide open. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

FO has the Jags with the easiest remaining schedule, the only team easier than the Bills, so that makes sense. DVOA predictions don’t care about record. The Dolphins are a .500 team but have the 2nd lowest overall DVOA so that’s 2 games against a terrible team. Plus the Colts who have likewise been terrible (worst team in DVOA) The Saints are 5th in DVOA, Pats are 15th, Chargers are 22nd.

Again this doesn’t account for the past week so things could change but I wouldn’t expect much movement on the future schedule difficulty.

The Bills have struggled mightily in Miami of late. 

Re the Pats DVOA, we both know that it'll be higher at the end of the season. They're likely to win 13 games -- and they still might not get a bye! If they lose to Pitt (the only game I see them losing the rest of the way), they're going to lose out to a 13-3 Chiefs team (who has a RIDICULOUSLY easy schedule the rest of the way) and Pitt based on head to head. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Re the Pats DVOA, we both know that it'll be higher at the end of the season. They're likely to win 13 games -- and they still might not get a bye! If they lose to Pitt (the only game I see them losing the rest of the way), they're going to lose out to a 13-3 Chiefs team (who has a RIDICULOUSLY easy schedule the rest of the way) and Pitt based on head to head. 

Yes we have struggled not just in Miami, but against the division period going 3-7 in the last 10 AFCE games.

Before the Jets game I actually had us winning in Miami this year (after losing to them in Buffalo first) but only because they will likely have one of the WC spots wrapped up and will be resting starters. Still might be the case but the only difference this now is we'll likely be eliminated from playoff contention so the game will also likely be meaningless for us too.

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yes we have struggled not just in Miami, but against the division period going 3-7 in the last 10 AFCE games.

Before the Jets game I actually had us winning in Miami this year (after losing to them in Buffalo first) but only because they will likely have one of the WC spots wrapped up and will be resting starters. Still might be the case but the only difference this now is we'll likely be eliminated from playoff contention so the game will also likely be meaningless for us too.

If the Bills are 8-7 going in, it won't be meaningless because a 9-7 team should get in. The AFC is very lopsided this year. The top is good, but the rest of it is quite poor. If Miami is out of it (and I expect they will be in week 17), that's obviously good for the Bills. 

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah, we have some tough sledding compared to the other playoff contenders - notably the Ravens and Jags. We are gonna have to find a way to pull off at least one upset. I don't fear the Ravens, but their schedule is too easy to ignore. Just have to hope their offense continues to be inconsistent.

6 minutes ago, Big C said:

Yeah, we have some tough sledding compared to the other playoff contenders - notably the Ravens and Jags. We are gonna have to find a way to pull off at least one upset. I don't fear the Ravens, but their schedule is too easy to ignore. Just have to hope their offense continues to be inconsistent.

Yup. Go Stafford!