Tyrod Played Vary Well Last Night

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

What didnt he do well last night? He was sacked 7 times and by my count one of them was a result of holding the ball. He also escaped a few more and made plays. You couldnt block anybody last night and as a result they got crushed. He didnt leave many plays out there last night.

Go watch the 7 sacks and report back

No matter what, if the Bills lose, people will blame Tyrod.

People just cant wait to rip on the guy.

If he does ANYTHING bad and I mean anything; or things don't go well for the Bills, people just lick their chops and can't wait to rip on him

Edited by billsfan11

No matter what, if the Bills lose, people will blame Tyrod.

People just cant wait to rip on the guy.

If he does ANYTHING bad and I mean anything; or things don't go well for the Bills, people just lick their chops and can't wait to rip on him

And the Tyrod people try to deflect to the OC. It wasn't either's fault last night. We got bullied on the lines.

@PFF

ICYMI: All you need to know from the Jets win on TNF over the Bills

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-new-york-jets-34-buffalo-bills-21

BUF-Bills-Header.png

Top 5 Grades:

DI Kyle Williams, 86.1 overall grade

CB Leonard Johnson, 85.8 overall grade

LB Preston Brown, 84.8 overall grade

WR Zay Jones, 82.3 overall grade

Edge Ryan Davis, 81.3 overall grade

Performances of Note: QB Tyrod Taylor, 73.3 overall grade

While Tyrod Taylor was not his best on Thursday night, he still was able to produce some quality throws while also getting himself into trouble. He had two sacks, a hit, and a hurry charged against him by moving out of the pocket early or not throwing the ball away.

WR Zay Jones, 82.3 overall grade

Zay Jones had an interesting game against the Jets. He left the game for a short time with what looked like was going to be a serious injury only to return in the second half. Jones has struggled to adjust to the NFL this season, however against the Jets he caught all 6 passes thrown his way. However, he still struggled to create much separation and continued to record very low yards after catch with only 2 yards after catch in this game. His season total is 15 yards after the catch on 16 catches.

LB Preston Brown, 84.8 overall grade

Brown was one of the few players who played pretty well against the run. He had six defensive stops overall, five in run defense and one in coverage. Brown missed a tackle, but on a night where the Bills had 12 players combine for 22 missed tackles, doesn’t seem quite as bad and his five run stops outweighed the one missed tackle.

CB Leonard Johnson, 85.8 overall grade

Johnson played 17 snaps in pass coverage and 31 snaps overall. He was targeted twice, did not allow a catch, and broke up a pass that could have been an interception.

What didnt he do well last night? He was sacked 7 times and by my count one of them was a result of holding the ball. He also escaped a few more and made plays. You couldnt block anybody last night and as a result they got crushed. He didnt leave many plays out there last night.

Go watch the 7 sacks and report back

Who's the greatest QB in NFL history? Otto Graham? Johnny Unitas? Joe Montana? Tom Brady? Put them behind that wretched excuse of an O line the Bills have and give them Rick Dennison as the play caller and I doubt last night's outcome would have been much different.

For all those who believe drafting a top QB will solve everything, you might as well write a letter to Santa. And should Santa send the best QB of the next generation, so long as "Rico" is the OC and the line isn't massively upgraded, I doubt it will change anything.

Agreed - we will continue to have a chance to win against teams with average or below average D lines. When we face off against a large athletic and aggressive defense we will not be able to run the ball and the QB will need a foxhole just to survive. A top five QB would be wonderful to have, but without an above average physically gifted O line, we will not be an elite team. You are only as strong on the line as your weakest link and ours has several brittle links. The OL must get addressed asap. Dawkins, Grohn and/or Miller should be in the starting line up.

One of the worst rated OLs in football.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/12/bills-pro-football-focus-cordy-glenn-richie-incognito-tyrod-taylor-dion-dawkins/

IMO, anyone putting the majority of blame on Tyrod for last night has a clear agenda against him.

The O line was horrendous. Tolbert is not a RB. The defense was garbage. Nobody could tackle. We took a million dumb penalties. Basically, the Bills turned into Rex Ryan's team of the past 2 years... doing their absolute best to beat themselves in all phases of the game.

Now, if you were expecting Tyrod to all the sudden become Tom Brady and put the entire team on his back and force a win while the rest of the team was playing like crap, then obviously you're going to be disappointed in TT. That's not who he is. He's a middle of the road starting QB. Sure, he could have done some thing better last night but he was FAR from one of the main issues.

This is exactly what we all want and calling guys like majbobby haters is missing the point. I want a shut down corners, 60 yd field goals, a pro bowl OL, 3 Shady clones at RB, and 20 sack edge rushers. Taylor isn't the only thing holding this team back but he is one​ of the things and he is the ONLY one that touches the ball on every offensive play and thus gets to impact the outcome of every play he's on the field. His play is critical and I don't want to settle for a QB who's just OK. Saying he's improving is whistling past the graveyard.

Kyle getting a top 5 grade is laughable as well. He spent most of his time swamped by blockers as runner sprinted right past him. He did get double teamed a lot but if you are going to give him a positive mark for being double teamed regardless of what happens after that then your grading system sucks.

Kyle getting a top 5 grade is laughable as well. He spent most of his time swamped by blockers as runner sprinted right past him. He did get double teamed a lot but if you are going to give him a positive mark for being double teamed regardless of what happens after that then your grading system sucks.

Ha Ha, I was a little surprised by that too. I thought he was brutal.

I don't agree at all. How many plays do you know that don't require any blocking?

I am not excusing that part. I am not excusing the ultra conservative, vanilla game plan.

Run, run, pass. That was basically the game plan last night.

And he refused to switch it up.

It honestly reminded me of Nate Hackett.

Edited by billsfan11

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Whether they say good or bad things about Tyrod, Pro Football Focus has absolutely no credibility with me. People posting their stats to back up their own arguments means absolutely nothing.

He played well when it didn't count, during garbage time, he didn't have help from his line all game and wasn't able to rally back when we needed, but he is known for hanging on to the ball a little bit too long so you can only expect so much from the O-line (not saying they are excused).

I was surprised to see him graded that highly, but that's an initial take w/o the benefit of film study.

Why didnt they spread the field with the constant pressure?

Who knows. It was the most stubborn and ridiculous game plan. No screens to slow down the Jets pressure. Actually he threw 1 and it worked.... go figure...

Just constant runs up the middle, with 0 creativity.

Run, run, pass.

And he didn't switch that up for the most part until mid 4th quarter

They managed to beat Denver and Atlanta without much of a running game.

Denver - you can attribute that victory to the Defense holding the Broncos to 16 points. Tyrods 197 yards passing in that game is hardly what carried the day. In the modern era NFL it is rare that a 197 yard passing day is going to equal a victory.

Atlanta - you can say the exact same thing. Tyrod had even fewer yards with 164.

The above only cement my thoughts that Tyrod has a definite ceiling and to not see it is beyond me. The bills coaching staff is having to gameplan to minimize his weaknesses not to leverage his ability to play QB at the NFL level.

Again, the running game must work and I can add that the D has to be almost perfoect to manage and win with TTs limited ability. You are smoking crack if you think TT is the long term answer at QB.