We are going to the playoffs

Why do you want to ban me, I think that is pretty low. I'm a good member here and am not putting my membership up for something I can't control.

Because it has to be something substantial. Maybe change your sig, or avatar for a year instead?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't normally engage in these threads, and normally think it is silly for a bills fan to be talking playoffs at this point. BUT i am on board this year. just look at how we are doing in DVOA (on Football Outsiders) - a top defense and top special teams, and an ok offense. And really who else is going to get to the playoffs if not us? The Titans? Ravens? Texans? Remember they all play each other - for every win they rack up there will be losses too. I don't think we need 10 wins to get in. The Raiders? Broncos? Again, they all play each other too, and we hold tie breakers there. They will all struggle to get to 10 wins, as much as we will.

Our lack of depth is a concern - we are a few plays away from 7-0 but also not that far from being a .500 team. The breaks could stop going our way, but the Pats are not unbeatable, and I think the math is strongly in our favor. At this point I'd definitely bet on us going.

In recent years, there always seemed to be games that we could absolutely expect a loss. I don't think there are any such games on the Bills schedule this year with the way Buffalo is playing. Conversely, there is no game ever that is "unlose-able." Even the Colts, if Andrew Luck somehow becomes healthy again, could be dangerous in December. That doesn't mean I'm predicting the Bills will win out, or lose out either. If forced to predict, it looks to me as if the Bills are likely to win another five games, which gives them a decent chance to make the playoffs. I think they could do better, but I am constrained by caution. I would not be shocked to see Buffalo beat the Patriots.

Lets keep moving up the list...

AFC

Division Leaders W L T DIV CONF

Steelers 6 2 0 3-0 4-1

Patriots 6 2 0 1-0 3-1

Chiefs 5 2 0 1-1 3-2

Titans 4 3 0 2-1 3-3

Wild Card W L T DIV CONF

Bills 5 2 0 1-0 3-1

Jaguars 4 3 0 2-1 4-2

In The Hunt W L T DIV CONF

Dolphins 4 3 0 1-1 3-2

Ravens 4 4 0 2-1 4-2

Broncos 3 3 0 2-1 2-2

Texans 3 4 0 1-1 3-3

Bengals 3 4 0 1-2 3-3

Jets 3 5 0 1-3 3-5

Chargers 3 5 0 2-2 2-4

Raiders 3 5 0 1-2 3-4

Colts 2 6 0 0-2 1-3

Browns 0 8 0 0-3 0-7

Here is another stat...

Teams that have lead the league in turnover differential have all made the playoffs for the last 19 years. We currently have a huge lead in leading the league in turnover differential.

Edited by Scott7975

For the most part none of these games are gimmes. The only one that comes close is the Colt game but I know there is no way McD will let this team look past anyone. The Jets game will be tough. It's an away game on a short week but I think we come out with a tight victory. The Jets have been playing everyone tough, especially lately. Imho the best case scenario assuming we get the W Thursday would be......

Saints - Win: They are playing well, but Buffalo's D is playing stout and its a home game against a Dome team.

Chargers - Loss: We'll be due for a L and playing a west coast game where we typically do not fare well.

KC - Loss: KC is a very good team, its an away game and I think they end up with the W in a close one.

Patsies - Win: Not losing at home....period

Colt - Win: McD has them ready for the "trap game"

Dolphins - Win: Home game and they seem to be self distructing

Patsies - Loss: Brady revenge game in Boston

Dolphins - Win: Again, they seem to be self destructing

11 and 5, if we lose Thursday 10 - 6. But who knows....that's why they actually play the games.