TD is a freaking genius

When the Bills finally win the SB, he should be the first to hold the trophy.

All of you people love to bach him for certain draft picks (which can be a crap shoot anyway) and other moves.

Point is, this magnificant SOB came out of nowhere and signed BY FAR the best QB available to us. When I heard that last night, in a passing note on EPSNews, I was shocked. Fieldler who? Garcia who? How did TD convince Kelly Holcomb to take such a low level salary? Its just over double the league minimum. Now lets not forget some of us questioned the signing of Lee Evans. Anyone can to search the archives? (I even had initial questions about it, since I'm not big into college FB.)

And his legacy will always be picking the guy with the busted knee that no one felt like taking a chance on.

How awesome is this that he got us a QB who we should feel FINE about competeing for the starting role?

I don't know how you did it, but TD, this Bud's for you.

I agree. I think TD is doing a great job, and I feel comfortable sitting back and watching this offseason wheeling and dealing unfold. There are never any guarantees, and it's silly to harp on the guys that don't pan out, especially in the draft. TD is smart and aggressive when he needs to be.

I can't wait to see what's next!!!!

I agree.  I think TD is doing a great job, and I feel comfortable sitting back and watching this offseason wheeling and dealing unfold.  There are never any guarantees, and it's silly to harp on the guys that don't pan out, especially in the draft.  TD is smart and aggressive when he needs to be.

263899[/snapback]

If I hear one more person say "We can't sign ANYONE else, we need a billion dollars to sign a LT!!!!" I'm gonna scream.

Listen, folks. (And no, this isn't a "You're not smarter than TD post") but you have to have some faith that the GM and arguably one of the best line coaches in all of football DO REALIZE THAT RIGHT NOW WE NEED A LT. They will fill that hole. And he doesn't need to be a pro-bowl LT (it would be nice) because he actually has a QB that doesn't stand still for 8 seconds patting the football until Moulds gets open.

If we don't get a LT soon, we will draft one. And we WILL fit him into our salary cap, even if that means backloading a contract.

This was a GREAT pickup for the Bills. Awesome. Now I'm not so damn worried about JP going down for a game or two.

I too also like what TD is doing. Sure it may not alot of splash and pizazz but look were that has gotten the Redskins and the other teams who throw big money around. His approach to the offseason moves can be frustrating sometimes but atleast his moves don't seem to handicap us down the road to the point that we need to do what the titans and others do to get under a cap.He has gotten use some good ballplayers by being patient not breaking the bank,i.e. Milloy and Adams and even Vinsent! He does have a plan in mind and we should trust him to follow thru with it!!!!

I agree.  I think TD is doing a great job, and I feel comfortable sitting back and watching this offseason wheeling and dealing unfold.  There are never any guarantees, and it's silly to harp on the guys that don't pan out, especially in the draft.  TD is smart and aggressive when he needs to be.

263899[/snapback]

WHOA! Careful now...don't get carried away or you'll be accused of being a TD suckup. Some folks around here still think he's a moron! Don't be screwin' that up for everyone. ;)

PTR

All of you people love to bach him for certain draft picks (which can be a crap shoot anyway) and other moves.

Point is, this magnificant SOB came out of nowhere and signed BY FAR the best QB available to us. When I heard that last night, in a passing note on EPSNews, I was shocked. Fieldler who? Garcia who? How did TD convince Kelly Holcomb to take such a low level salary? Its just over double the league minimum.  Now lets not forget some of us questioned the signing of Lee Evans. Anyone can to search the archives? (I even had initial questions about it, since I'm not big into college FB.)

And his legacy will always be picking the guy with the busted knee that no one felt like taking a chance on.

How awesome is this that he got us a QB who we should feel FINE about competeing for the starting role?

263897[/snapback]

I like many of the moves Donahoe has made since becoming GM for the Bills but I have a question for you ---- Who is going to play left tackle for the Bills in '05?

I like many of the moves Donahoe has made since becoming GM for the Bills but I have a question for you ---- Who is going to play left tackle for the Bills in '05?

263930[/snapback]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

;)

Point is, this magnificant SOB came out of nowhere and signed BY FAR the best QB available to us. When I heard that last night, in a passing note on EPSNews, I was shocked. Fieldler who? Garcia who? How did TD convince Kelly Holcomb to take such a low level salary? Its just over double the league minimum.  Now lets not forget some of us questioned the signing of Lee Evans. Anyone can to search the archives? (I even had initial questions about it, since I'm not big into college FB.)

263897[/snapback]

Nice one, Stojan......the cool thing is, if you listen to Holcomb's agent, is that it's obvious TD has been sitting in the weeds waiting for his opportunity to pounce on the guy. Holcomb's agent said that TD showed interested early and often, and it made the decision easier for him to come here. Clearly, even though TD cannot control every variable in the equation, he knows what he wants to do and more often than not he gets it done. While I do understand the frustration of not having made the playoffs the past several years, there is nobody else I'd want running this team than ol' whitey.

263897[/snapback]

Easy cowboy, the guy signed a backup QB and you're ready to throw him on your shoulders. Face the facts: this team has a losing record in the 4 years TD has been in charge. Until that changes, the best thing I can say about the guy is he's a good accountant.

Hey guys

Am I the only one who thinks the reason Holcomb jumped at the low ball offer is because TD mentioned the words "Starting Job" to him?  Anyone?  Yeah, its only 6 million, but what are the incentives if he starts?  Anyone?

263950[/snapback]

You mean just like TD mentioned the words "chicken wings" to Big Sam to get HIM to jump at an offer? :angry:

263930[/snapback]

Good thing it's only March 4th. When's opening day again? Oh yeah, over 6 months away.

Easy cowboy, the guy signed a backup QB and you're ready to throw him on your shoulders.  Face the facts:  this team has a losing record in the 4 years TD has been in charge.  Until that changes, the best thing I can say about the guy is he's a good accountant.

263940[/snapback]

yes! I'm behind him, but we havent made the playoffs in forever, and we are almost maxed out against the cap, w/ many needs unfilled. I'd have to say the jury is still out on whether he was successful or not. If he quit today - he was not. But I have a strong feeling that mcgahee and losman, along w/ our D, will change that in 05. Go Bills!

Easy cowboy, the guy signed a backup QB and you're ready to throw him on your shoulders.  Face the facts:  this team has a losing record in the 4 years TD has been in charge.  Until that changes, the best thing I can say about the guy is he's a good accountant.

263940[/snapback]

More facts: TD has continued to bring talent to a small market, cold weather team that has 31 other teams competing for the same talent. TD has built for us a playoff caliber defense and special teams. There are only two teams in the past four years that can say they were truly successful: The Pats and the Bucs. If TD needs an extra year or two to get the pieces in place to truly allow us to contend not just for the playoffs, but for THE prize, I'm down with that.

More facts: TD has continued to bring talent to a small market, cold weather team that has 31 other teams competing for the same talent. TD has built for us a playoff caliber defense and special teams. There are only two teams in the past four years that can say they were truly successful: The Pats and the Bucs. If TD needs an extra year or two to get the pieces in place to truly allow us to contend not just for the playoffs, but for THE prize, I'm down with that.

263967[/snapback]

First of all, I don't measure success by whether or not we win the Superbowl. The playoffs would be a good start.

Second, the numbers do suggest our defense is good, but I'm still wondering why we couldn't stop Brian St. Pierre and the Steelers--who ran the ball 13 straight times--when we needed our "playoff caliber defense" most.

And I'm all for giving TD the time and resources to make this team successful, but the clock is ticking and quite honestly, I don't see a rookie QB leading us to the playoffs next year.

First of all, I don't measure success by whether or not we win the Superbowl.  The playoffs would be a good start.

Second, the numbers do suggest our defense is good, but I'm still wondering why we couldn't stop Brian St. Pierre and the Steelers--who ran the ball 13 straight times--when we needed our "playoff caliber defense" most.

And I'm all for giving TD the time and resources to make this team successful, but the clock is ticking and quite honestly, I don't see a rookie QB leading us to the playoffs next year.

263981[/snapback]

What I said was to 'contend' for the prize. I don't want to be some playoff embarrassment like some of the teams you saw in the NFC last year. Do you honestly think the fans of the Seahawks and Rams were thinking, "this is it! We're gonna win it all! We got our assess handed to us by a non-playoff team like the Bills, but dammit we're in the PLAYOFFS!" When we are in the playoffs, I want it to be because we are there to win. And by God, if we can't win it, then we better at least be able to look at our team and KNOW that we were a contender.

If I hear one more person say "We can't sign ANYONE else, we need a billion dollars to sign a LT!!!!" I'm gonna scream.

Listen, folks. (And no, this isn't a "You're not smarter than TD post") but you have to have some faith that the GM and arguably one of the best line coaches in all of football DO REALIZE THAT RIGHT NOW WE NEED A LT. They will fill that hole. And he doesn't need to be a pro-bowl LT (it would be nice) because he actually has a QB that doesn't stand still for 8 seconds patting the football until Moulds gets open.

If we don't get a LT soon, we will draft one. And we WILL fit him into our salary cap, even if that means backloading a contract.

This was a GREAT pickup for the Bills. Awesome. Now I'm not so damn worried about JP going down for a game or two.

263902[/snapback]

Stojan, I understand where you're coming from.

But remember last offseason, we all were saying that we needed Ruben Brown's replacement at LG. And it didn't happen from the front office. But then, we all agreed that this probably happened for a reason.

Fast forward to the end of the 2004 season. At that point, we all agreed that LG should have been upgraded like many of us were originally insisting.

My point is that TD and McNally are fallible, so that when some posters here question their motives, maybe there's some validity to these questions, no?

That's all.

The offseason is still young, however, and I fully expect more work to be done to the OL.