Sources: Bruce Arians won't return as AZ coach in 2018

YoloinOhio

Plus, this will be the 2nd time that Hue has jockeyed for control over the roster and had it go downhill.

He's a very good OC, but as a HC, he doesn't seem to hit the mark.

and I stand by the opinion that it was a huge mistake not to hire an OC. He decided not to replace Pep Hamilton when he left for UM, and Hue has been OC/ HC. Maybe some coaches can do that successfully, but when you have all young QBs and WRs and an inexperienced team overall it makes no sense.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. And if you are going to tear it down to Joe Thomas and 52 scrubs then expect to rebuild through a hoard of draft picks you gotta hit on basically every guy you take in the first 3 rounds for 3 years running. They have had far, far, far too many misses.

They had the opportunity to select Wentz but instead traded the pick for a boatload of picks. When are teams going to learn that getting a franchise qb has more to do (certainly not only) with success than anything else? It seems that it is so obvious! Apparently not.

They had the opportunity to select Wentz but instead traded the pick for a boatload of picks. When are teams going to learn that getting a franchise qb has more to do (certainly not only) with success than anything else? It seems that it is so obvious! Apparently not.

interestingly I think most browns fans were against drafting Wentz at 2. Even the local media thought that was too high for Wentz and trading out of the pick was good. They admit that. Obviously it now appears they were wrong.But they also thought trading down as far as they did to wherever they took broke-ass Corey Coleman when they wanted Bosa, and they all wanted Watson this year so thats strike 2. Or 200, but whos counting. Edited by YoloinOhio

interestingly I think most browns fans were against drafting Wentz at 2. Even the local media thought that was too high for Wentz and trading out of the pick was good. They admit that. Obviously it now appears they were wrong.But they also thought trading down as far as they did to wherever they took broke-ass Corey Coleman when they wanted Bosa, and they all wanted Watson this year so thats strike 2. Or 200, but whos counting.

Didn't a large contingent of Browns scouts love Wentz and they all got fired after the draft?

Didn't a large contingent of Browns scouts love Wentz and they all got fired after the draft?

6 scouts got fired before the draft. The weather was actually so bad for Wentzs workout at ND state that the Browns were the one of only ones there to see him. Edited by YoloinOhio

interestingly I think most browns fans were against drafting Wentz at 2. Even the local media thought that was too high for Wentz and trading out of the pick was good. They admit that. Obviously it now appears they were wrong.But they also thought trading down as far as they did to wherever they took broke-ass Corey Coleman when they wanted Bosa, and they all wanted Watson this year so thats strike 2. Or 200, but whos counting.

If you look back over the past three to four years it is not unfair to believe that with a good owner and a smart GM this jinxed franchise could have gotten on a track to being a good team. With the Browns too often they tried to outsmart everyone and made decisions that not only didn't advance their team but set it back. From what I have read the Manziel selection was an owner selection. It was a stupid decision on a player whose red flags were at a bill board level. The lack of organizational coherency and direction is a case study in not what to do.

In my view a downtrodden team that drafts reasonably well and makes judicious mid-level free agents decisions should be able to get back into the competitive fray, assuming a franchise qb is secured. For the Bills I see a clear organizational unity and a direction that over time, maybe three to four years, should turn this franchise into a serious team, assuming a top tier qb is secured.