Lenny P has a couple of Bills' tidbits

jahnyc

From Lenny P's Tip Sheet (ESPN)

1. Some interest in T. Henry, but no one has offered a first-day pick.

2. Bills would be interested in Kelly Holcomb if he does not sign with Browns.

Am I the only one surprised at how quiet the Bills have been so far?

1.  Some interest in T. Henry, but no one has offered a first-day pick.

2.  Bills would be interested in Kelly Holcomb if he does not sign with Browns.

263307[/snapback]

Its hard to be active when you have no money.

263307[/snapback]

The Browns have offered Holcomb 5 years $10 million. He's trying for 5 years $12 million. We're not going to pay him $2.4 million per for 5 years to backup JP. So, take Holcomb off the Bills list of possible backups.

263307[/snapback]

Does anyone know what the rapport was like in Cleveland b/w Holcomb and Tim Couch? The end result of that wasn't very good in the development of a young QB.... It'd be nice to get an older vet who knows his place as tutor/mentor than someone who is absolutely craving the starter's spot. That and draft a #3 QB in round 4 or 5.

I, for one, am not surprised. This year on the whole has been different than most. Don't know if it's the quality of the UFAs, a wait-and-see attitude, confidence that the coaches are good enough to develop some of our own talent, or whatever else. Rest assured there will be 53 players on the roster come time for the regular season.

The Browns have offered Holcomb 5 years $10 million.  He's trying for 5 years $12 million.  We're not going to pay him $2.4 million per for 5 years to backup JP.  So, take Holcomb off the Bills list of possible backups.

263317[/snapback]

I don't think Holcomb returns to the Browns...

The Browns have offered Holcomb 5 years $10 million.  He's trying for 5 years $12 million.  We're not going to pay him $2.4 million per for 5 years to backup JP.  So, take Holcomb off the Bills list of possible backups.

263317[/snapback]

Holcomb ? He makes Bledsoe look mobile. That makes zero sense.

The Browns have offered Holcomb 5 years $10 million. He's trying for 5 years $12 million. We're not going to pay him $2.4 million per for 5 years to backup JP. So, take Holcomb off the Bills list of possible backups.

Gulp....what in the world did we just pay him then???

I disagree.  He's a much better athlete than Bledsoe.

263331[/snapback]

Especially if you saw him in the playoff game against the Stillers a few years ago where he almost brought the Browns back before making a dumb sideline-to-sideline throw for an INT. He apparently does have an arm and some football smarts. I'm just a little worried about his attitude about being a backup. Always seemed like he wanted to be #1 which seemed to work against Couch's development. Then again, if he signs here he knows what he's getting into....

263317[/snapback]

Are you sure? :devil:

263317[/snapback]

I'm shocked, but I can't think of a better backup. Great move, if anything happens to JP we've got a guy who not only has starting experience but also playoff experience & is not over the hill like Warner, Testaverde and others.

Bills | Holcomb Agrees to Terms - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:44:21 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Buffalo Bills have agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent QB Kelly Holcomb (Browns). The contract agreement is for a four-year, $6.6 million deal, including a $2 million signing bonus. Holcomb is expected to compete with QB J.P. Losman for the starting job.

Not bad...not bad at all.

Right.......

1.  Some interest in T. Henry, but no one has offered a first-day pick.

263307[/snapback]

This in itself should be Exhibit A in the Lenny P vs John Clayton school of prognostication.