I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL.com: Awards Watch at the Quarter Mark
After Week 4, the landscape of the NFL looks drastically different than most preseason predictions. Gregg Rosenthal hands out his quarterly awards to this year's biggest surprises.

The Preseason Means Nothing Award: Tyrod Taylor, Bills

No NFL team was dragged more in the preseason than the Buffalo Bills, a squad that couldn't move the ball on offense and inspired talk of tanking after trading away wideout Sammy Watkins, cornerback Ronald Darby and linebacker Reggie Ragland in August. Now they are 3-1 with the top scoring defense in football.

Tyrod Taylor takes home the hardware after averaging 3.4 yards per attempt and compiling a 27.9 passer rating in a preseason that inspired Bills fans to pine for rookie fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman as a Week 1 starter. :lol: Four weeks later, now that the games that matter have started, Taylor is averaging 7.5 yards per attempt with a 100.7 passer rating and at least two or three jaw-dropping throws a week.

NFL.com: Awards Watch at the Quarter Mark

The Preseason Means Nothing Award: Tyrod Taylor, Bills

No NFL team was dragged more in the preseason than the Buffalo Bills, a squad that couldn't move the ball on offense and inspired talk of tanking after trading away wideout Sammy Watkins, cornerback Ronald Darby and linebacker Reggie Ragland in August. Now they are 3-1 with the top scoring defense in football.

Tyrod Taylor takes home the hardware after averaging 3.4 yards per attempt and compiling a 27.9 passer rating in a preseason that inspired Bills fans to pine for rookie fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman as a Week 1 starter. :lol: Four weeks later, now that the games that matter have started, Taylor is averaging 7.5 yards per attempt with a 100.7 passer rating and at least two or three jaw-dropping throws a week.

And there's the issue...... Gave away Watkins and having to make 2-3 incredible throws/wk.

Add to that an offense not putting up 300 yards and outside 1 drive/game seldom chewing up the clock.

Sorry been here before and still feel cheated by the GM and ownership in how they have set up the team for the season.

Yep all has gone almost perfect through 4 weeks and the one game they needed 10 points they couldn't muster it.

And there's the issue...... Gave away Watkins and having to make 2-3 incredible throws/wk.

Add to that an offense not putting up 300 yards and outside 1 drive/game seldom chewing up the clock.

Sorry been here before and still feel cheated by the GM and ownership in how they have set up the team for the season.

Yep all has gone almost perfect through 4 weeks and the one game they needed 10 points they couldn't muster it.

You could say that about every team that loses every week.

I think the point is the past two weeks that Tyrod hasn't been perfect but has absolutely done what we needed him to do to help us win - particularly against Denver when he was very good indeed. If the defense lays an egg somewhere and we need 300 passing yards and 30+ points to win a game and Tyrod is unable to come up with the goods that is the time to criticise him for that. Getting into it before it happens seems rather pointless to me.

I think the point is the past two weeks that Tyrod hasn't been perfect but has absolutely done what we needed him to do to help us win - particularly against Denver when he was very good indeed. If the defense lays an egg somewhere and we need 300 passing yards and 30+ points to win a game and Tyrod is unable to come up with the goods that is the time to criticise him for that. Getting into it before it happens seems rather pointless to me.

Well it happened week 2 and the offense, coaches & GM showed exactly the result of their lack of preparation on that side of the ball (oh and giving Watkins away for nothing except hope).

I went back 18 years and the Bills often started 2-2 or 3-1 and we know what the net result was.

What you have to be most impressed with is that they just are not turning the ball over and yes basically every call has gone their way.

I went back 18 years and the Bills often started 2-2 or 3-1 and we know what the net result was.

I can't remember a 3-1 where we beat three teams who after 4 games are all .500 or above. I'm still not ready to crown this team as brilliant but I am ready to say that it is better than I expected it to be and of a play-off contending calibre.... particularly in what looks a weak AFC. Win this week against Cincy and we would be 4-1, 3-0 in the Conference and (potentially crucially) with a H2H over one of our potential rivals for a wildcard in Denver.

Edited by GunnerBill

Cheers

Even Big Ben can miss seeing a open WR

Big Ben on Antonio Brown tantrum: 'It's unfortunate'
Steelers wideout Antonio Brown's sideline Gatorade jug toss was a display of frustration grand enough to ensure that all of Brown's coaches and teammates would probably be asked about it sometime this week.
Ben Roethlisberger, who missed an open Brown on Sunday against the Ravens to trigger the reaction, said he wished it would have gone down differently.

Even Big Ben can miss seeing a open WR

Big Ben on Antonio Brown tantrum: 'It's unfortunate'
Steelers wideout Antonio Brown's sideline Gatorade jug toss was a display of frustration grand enough to ensure that all of Brown's coaches and teammates would probably be asked about it sometime this week.
Ben Roethlisberger, who missed an open Brown on Sunday against the Ravens to trigger the reaction, said he wished it would have gone down differently.

we should trade them Peterman.

If you’re still hating on Tyrod, nothing he does will please you. He's playing reasonably well & making FAR better choices than ever before.

This is true. He also seems to be seeing the field better than before over these last two games. Let's just hope it isn't a fluke and he remains consistent.