So... Isn't Cordy and Marcel...

CEN-CAL17

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not lumping them together, as player type, heart, off field issues etc....

I'm lumping them together because neither are on the field and I see this continuing to be an issue this year and maybe further.... if that's the case, with these 2 being "leaders" and not being on the field etc how does that affect the team? Plus being the 2 highest paid individuals on the team as well, what do you do? Cause this could have a bigger impact to the team besides just not being on the field.

There is a mental side to the game that other players feed off of when the team is whole and when the team is down in a hole health wise.

Maybe I just think the whole Dareus and Cordy health issues presents a bigger issue for the future than most. I think both of them are not gonna return to full health. With Dareus it's more of a mental aspect included.

I dont consider Dareus a leader really just had leverage to sign a huge contract, felt likenhe hit the lotto and started mailing it un. Injuries happen, it looks bad with Glenn in a wheel chair but ill give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Whaley did not approve the contract; the person who did is still with Bills and was promoted.

......sounds like Overdorf had the real power of the pen......then again the Whaley haters would be deflated......you be the judge............

Bills promote Overdorf to senior VP in minor restructuring

• Associated Press
  • Published: Jan. 31, 2008 at 11:34 a.m.
  • Updated: July 26, 2012 at 08:17 p.m

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Jim Overdorf was promoted to Buffalo Bills senior vice president of football administration, giving him control over contract negotiations and salary cap decisions.

The move announced Thursday was part of a minor front office restructuring that follows Russ Brandon's promotion to chief operating officer. Brandon's promotion came after the Bills elected not to fill the general manager's role after Marv Levy stepped down at the end of the season.

For Overdorf, the promotion means he formally becomes the team's top executive in day-to-day football matters, answering to Brandon and Bills owner Ralph Wilson. Overdorf is entering his 23rd season with the team and has handled contract talks for most of this decade.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

It's my fault. I bought his jersey right before the contract... All down hill from there.

My curse struck again when I decided last year "Ok, I think I can FINALLY pick out a player I know will be here long term & not f*** us somehow" when i was deciding on the first official Bills jersey to buy my wife. I bought Watkins. She enjoyed that for about 4 games -_-

Before that I bought Marshawn before he was traded.

And before that I bought Bledsoe...sigh

My first Bills jersey was given to me when I was 13, and it was Flutie... The year of the Music City "Miracle." It's probably best if I just never buy any jersey ever again.

Thankfully, my wife felt bad for me & bought me a throwback Jim Kelly jersey this summer so I don't have to worry about this crap anymore lol

I feel ya. My 3 jerseys are Flutie, Peerless Price, and Marshawn.

Next jersey will be a classic throwback but I'm not shelling out the cash until the team makes the playoffs.

Edited by co_springs_billsfan

I guess a good question is... we all know there will be a significant cap hit with either one of these guys, but how much money would be saved?

Much less than keeping Watkins at the price he wanted (top 5 money)

If you truly care rather than cage rattling because Watkins was traded:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cordy-glenn-9851/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/marcell-dareus-7718/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/sammy-watkins-14413/

I don't fault whaley for the paying him the money Dareus is making. However I do fault him for not putting in injury/drug use clauses. The bills are locked into that ridiculous contract no matter what

Whaley did not negotiate contract; the person who did is still employed by Bills and got a promotion.

I dont consider Dareus a leader really just had leverage to sign a huge contract, felt likenhe hit the lotto and started mailing it un. Injuries happen, it looks bad with Glenn in a wheel chair but ill give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

You don't think Adolpus Washington didn't come in here looking up to Dareus as a leader, coming off a pro bowl season?

That's my point, rookies and such come here and just to never see our "top" players actually on the field.... not good, injury or not.

You don't think Adolpus Washington didn't come in here looking up to Dareus as a leader, coming off a pro bowl season?

That's my point, rookies and such come here and just to never see our "top" players actually on the field.... not good, injury or not.

If people on the team are looking at Dareus as a leader then the team is in big trouble. Kyle is the leader in that room.