PFF: Bills are 31st for time for Taylor to throw.

JM2009

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what another site has to say

Talent-wise, there are no concerns on the left side or center with Glenn, Incognito, and Wood. Unfortunately Glenn and Wood missed significant action with injuries last season, while Incognito was once excommunicated from the NFL for a year for being a bully. The right side, however, is just one of the worst around and there can't be expectations for Dawkins -- a late second round rookie -- to turn it around. He's already using up OTA reps on the left side while Glenn is banged up and not practicing.

ESPN

31. Buffalo Bills

The Bills have a strong running game with reasonable blocking numbers (19th in adjusted line yards), but the pass blocking is abysmal, ranking dead last in adjusted sack rate and 31st in pressure rate.

Since you like raw stats NFL.com had them at 29th last year.

and again from PFF

If Buffalo could find an answer to their right tackle issue, this line would vault up the rankings in an instant. Jordan Mills surrendered eight sacks and 57 total QB pressures over 596 pass-blocking snaps this season, fourth-most of any tackle in the game. The play of RG John Miller inside of Mills didn’t help much when it comes to pass blocking, either, giving the Bills a real issue on the right side of the line. Miller allowed four sacks and 33 total QB pressures, but did at least offset that with some strong run blocking. The left side of the line was far better, with LT Cordy Glenn allowing only one sack in 397 pass-blocking snaps before injury sidelined him, and Cyrus Kouandjio surrendering only one sack as his replacement. LG Richie Incognito was again the best player on this line, run blocking and pass blocking well over the year, backing up his strong performance from a season ago with another excellent campaign.

Edited by Scott7975

ESPN

and again from PFF

I doubt he'll be back to post on this. Nice finds by the way. These stats don't fit his, and others agendas.

ESPN

and again from PFF

The right side being an issue isnt a surprise. Hopefully Glenn can get back on the field and Dawkins can take over at RT. Pretty soon well also need upgrades at LG and C as Richie and Wood arent getting any younger.

The right side being an issue isnt a surprise. Hopefully Glenn can get back on the field and Dawkins can take over at RT. Pretty soon well also need upgrades at LG and C as Richie and Wood arent getting any younger.

Yup. Hopefully Dawkins is actually good enough to take over at right tackle. Richie needs to cut back on those holding penalties too.

This team is going to be in a serious need for players over the next couple of years.

Edited by Scott7975

I doubt he'll be back to post on this. Nice finds by the way. These stats don't fit his, and others agendas.

I don't have an agenda beyond rooting for the Bills. Please stop repeating this line.

If my refusal to lay 100% of the blame for our struggles offensively on the oline is indicative of anything, it's realism.

I don't have an agenda beyond rooting for the Bills. Please stop repeating this line.

If my refusal to lay 100% of the blame for our struggles offensively on the oline is indicative of anything, it's realism.

Who said 100%? You at first didn't know the difference between pass blocking and run blocking. Then you said the pass blocking wasn't bad. Now it's accusing posters of saying it's 100% to blame, which no one said. Scott7975 has said it's some of everything-TT, the WRs and the O line.

Who is laying 100% of the blame on the Oline? That's the problem. Too many people want to lay all the blame with Taylor without accepting that we are pretty deficient around the rest of the offense. I mean sure, if you have the greatest of all time QB in Brady back there he could probably make the offense respectable.

The receiving core individually might be adequate players but as a whole unit they are sorely lacking a threat that can open the offense up. The oline might be really good at run blocking, but they are not good at pass protection. Sure Brady getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds on every play might make them look better. That doesn't change the fact that they are bad. It just doesn't. Not many QBs in the league simply get rid of the ball like Brady does. That's a misnomer because we see Brady all the time.

Things don't have to be mutually exclusive. Our line and wrs aren't average at the very best just because Taylor. Taylor is not great. He is also average at the very best... but having an offense around him that are also the same lackluster group makes the offense as a whole a worse unit. Its not JUST Taylor.

Edited by Scott7975

Who is laying 100% of the blame on the Oline? That's the problem. Too many people want to lay all the blame with Taylor without accepting that we are pretty deficient around the rest of the offense. I mean sure, if you have the greatest of all time QB in Brady back there he could probably make the offense respectable.

The receiving core individually might be adequate players but as a whole unit they are sorely lacking a threat that can open the offense up. The oline might be really good at run blocking, but they are not good at pass protection. Sure Brady getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds on every play might make them look better. That doesn't change the fact that they are bad. It just doesn't. Not many QBs in the league simply get rid of the ball like Brady does. That's a misnomer because we see Brady all the time.

Things don't have to be mutually exclusive. Our line and wrs aren't average at the very best just because Taylor. Taylor is not great. He is also average at the very best... but having an offense around him that are also the same lackluster group makes the offense as a whole a worse unit. Its not JUST Taylor.

Who's laying all the blame on Taylor?

Who said 100%? You at first didn't know the difference between pass blocking and run blocking. Then you said the pass blocking wasn't bad. Now it's accusing posters of saying it's 100% to blame, which no one said. Scott7975 has said it's some of everything-TT, the WRs and the O line.

Gotta block you. Just fabrication and bad posting all around. The moderators will catch on soon enough.

There are multiple instances every game where if the ball comes out of the QB's hand on time the line isn't even a topic of conversation the next day.

The line blocks for McCoy and somehow we're the best rushing team in the league. The line blocks for Taylor...now they suddenly suck! And so do the WRs!

Did you or did you not post this?

Our line is fine. You want to see a bad oline watch the Bengals.

Or this one.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21765203_1941740162712576_8637530686331276602_n.jpg?oh=576cef6c93192f8e31cdbc947a848a57&oe=5A4949E9

12th in intermediate passing is a good sign. Do I think he is the seventh best QB-of course not, but he isn't terrible either, like some think.

and LAST year I saw a stat saying he held the ball longer than anyone in the league... And he sucked.

I think "time to throw" is how long it takes Tyrod to throw the ball, not how much time the offensive line is giving him to throw.

Holding onto the ball too long before he throws has been an issue of Tyrod's.

I think your right, I saw a stat somewhere about Brady where he is around 2.4 or 2.6? Same with Rodgers.

and last week he overthrows a wide open Zay Jones... He sucks.

The pass blocking is bad, the WR group is bottom five. TT and Jones both are responsible for that drop.

...,and we added #16 AND #17 to the drought....so those stats were huge, right?..if not, so how come?......and yes the D bears plenty of fault thanks to Wrecks,......

Because of the D. Hold onto the Miami game at the end, beat the Jets next week with TT, and there was a chance we could have been the WC and not Miami.