MNF - LIONS @ NYG

bobobonators

He's had seasons where he's been elite, surrounded by seasons where he has been average. He has been wildly inconsistent. Yet he is a two time Super Bowl champ who won his first on a once in a lifetime catch that happened again several years later. He'll be in the HOF, but upon closer analysis he's had one of the strangest HOF QB careers.

Yeh I agree. His HOF ballot is going to be interesting. He certainly has compiled some numbers and what helps him most are the SB performances. But in an era with Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers, Even when Eli was in his prime, he was never better than those. Then throw in Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Stafford. Etc.

But he does have the hardware though. Cant take that away from him.

Edited by bobobonators

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean he performed when it mattered most, not sure you can say luckiest ever.

Freaking Bills fans.

If a Bills quarterback twice beat anyone in the Super Bowl -- let alone ruined Tom Brady*s perfect season in the process -- some fans would be lined up on their knees outside the QB's house wearing a bib with their mouths open while getting his name tatooed on their ass.

But Eli Manning was lucky.

Freaking Bills fans.

If a Bills quarterback twice beat anyone in the Super Bowl -- let alone ruined Tom Brady*s perfect season in the process -- some fans would be lined up on their knees outside the QB's house wearing a bib with their mouths open while getting his name tatooed on their ass.

Lol i didnt say he was lucky. But yeh i agree with you.

Freaking Bills fans.

You're right, we would worship him. No need to do the whole "BIlls fans are dumb" schtick though. He will always have the two titles, and Giants fans will love him. However, he's an above average QB who has been wildly inconsistent. His actual play does not indicate two Super Bowl champ. He caught a few breaks with some amazing defensive teams. He also performed well at the biggest moments. If Tyree and Manningham don't make insane catches, he doesn't have a ring. I'm not the first person in the world to make these statements. Therefore it isn't a Bills fan problem. He certainly doesn't compare to the modern greats.

I didn't accuse anyone of being dumb regarding Eli. Just unrealistic.

Two Super Bowls. Against the Pats* no less. That's a lot of things, but lucky isn't one of them.

Yes, but there is more to a football team than just QB. Brady was subpar in both of those games. Eli didn't win those titles on his own. For a two time champion QB, he is wildly inconsistent. There have always been QB's in the league better than him, yet he has more titles than many of those guys. That does take a bit of good fortune. I'm not saying that you are incorrect. I just feel that Eli is fortunate to have won those two Super Bowls. Without those titles, his legacy would be much different. I don't mean to say that Eli is a bad QB, I just mean that he is not a HOF QB without those titles.

Without those titles, his legacy would be much different. I don't mean to say that Eli is a bad QB, I just mean that he is not a HOF QB without those titles.

And without last weekend, the Bills are undefeated.

I don't mean to say Eli is a HOF quarterback. I just mean he didn't win two SBs based on luck.

should be the 35 of the receiving team

They gave the receiving team the ball on the kicking team's 45.

They moved it a few times.

Tirico had no idea where it should go and confusedly announced each placement.

Gruden said nothing at all during the minute and then announced they got it right, he didn't have a clue either.

So what is this?

I think that he is a HOF QB. He plays in NY and beat the Pats dynasty twice. That's why I call him lucky. There is no other way that he'd be a HOFer.

Eli knows that a blind long throw can pay more dividends than bad results.