The Buffalo Bills now set the new trend for GM contract?

The Bills are at the cutting edge of firing staff purely based on our experience of it the last two decades.

...so the post Polian patchwork approach of putting people in positions unqualified for, people well past their prime being put in key decision making roles and "blue light specials" coaching had nothing to do with it?......Pegula is atoning for his mistakes by opening the check book to hire what is perceived the "best and the brightest" relative to FO and Administration....investment results??....stay tuned.....

Steelers GM extended through 2020 NFL Draft. I think you are going to see more GM contracts expire after the draft from now on.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000837342/article/steelers-extend-gm-kevin-colbert-through-2020-draft

I don't know you as a man, but I'm pretty sure that as a Bills fan, your favorite month is April.

Isnt it standard for GMs and scouts to have contracts that expire once the scouting season and draft are over?

Nah, standard is the end of the football season in February. I don't feel like looking it up, but I'm pretty sure the Bills coaching and executive contracts end in February too. It doesn't really matter when you have an owner that doesn't care if he has to eat 4 years of a contract.