2018 Mock drafts and top prospects

Watkins101

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

21. Buffalo Bills; 22. Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City Chiefs)

The Picks: LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama; OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

Thanks to last year's draft-day trade with the Kansas City Chiefs, the Buffalo Bills own back-to-back picks in the first round. The Bills could package the two selections (and others) to move up and grab the franchise quarterback they so badly need. In this mock draft—with no trades predicted—here's what makes sense.

The offensive line needs to be addressed. Rookie left tackle Dion Dawkins did a solid job, but the right side needs an upgrade. Notre Dame's Mike McGlinchey played left tackle for the last two seasons but has the athleticism of a right tackle and the experience to play there. He would be a rookie starter.

The Bills linebacker corps is solid, but it's missing a true middle linebacker with range and the ability to make major stops against the run. Rashaan Evans has the football IQ, athleticism and instincts to be a game-changer on defense.

53. Bills: DL Da'Shawn Hand, Alabama

56. Bills (from Rams): TE Mark Andrews, Oklahoma

Matt Miller is drafting from the school of Marv Levy. I'd run Beane out of town with this draft!! You don't pass on a dominant DT (Vita Vea) for a LB. DTs let the LBs hunt. 

BUF-Bills-Header.png

Quarterback

The Bills look to have very little interest in keeping Tyrod Taylor as their starting quarterback, and Nathan Peterman’s time on the field this season was disastrous. They need a 2018 starter, and there could be players in both free agency or the draft for that.

Defensive Interior

Trading away Marcell Dareus during the season torpedoed this run defense, and they need to replace that interior presence. Cedric Thornton was the player tasked with playing nose tackle after Dareus was traded, and he struggled badly out of position, earning an overall PFF grade of just 43.3Dontari Poe is on a one-year deal in Atlanta, and while he hasn’t had a stellar season, he would hold up that interior spot and allow the Bills to find some interior pass-rush alongside him.

I tried to keep it realistic. I used Matt Miller’d board and set it to difficult:

21: R1P21  
LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA
22: R1P22  
EDGE SAM HUBBARD
OHIO STATE
53: R2P21  
QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE
56: R2P24  
DL TAVEN BRYAN
FLORIDA
95: R3P31  
G MARTEZ IVEY
FLORIDA
123: R4P21  
WR AUDEN TATE
FLORIDA STATE
160: R5P21  
RB BO SCARBROUGH
ALABAMA
168: R5P29  
CB DEATRICK NICHOLS
SOUTH FLORIDA

Matt Miller - User-Voted - Difficult - First Five Rounds

QB MASON RUDOLPH

OKLAHOMA STATE

LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

C BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE

DL RASHEEM GREEN
USC

WR JAMES WASHINGTON
OKLAHOMA STATE

TE HAYDEN HURST
SOUTH CAROLINA

RB BO SCARBROUGH
ALABAMA

QB LUKE FALK
WASHINGTON STATE

A dream? Sure. Is it fun to dream? You bet. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Matt Miller - User-Voted - Difficult - First Five Rounds

QB MASON RUDOLPH

OKLAHOMA STATE

LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

C BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE

DL RASHEEM GREEN
USC

WR JAMES WASHINGTON
OKLAHOMA STATE

TE HAYDEN HURST
SOUTH CAROLINA

RB BO SCARBROUGH
ALABAMA

QB LUKE FALK
WASHINGTON STATE

A dream? Sure. Is it fun to dream? You bet. 

Did we solve our RT problem in FA?  

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Although I am leaning towards favoring trading Glenn, we currently have Glenn, Dawkins, and Mills under contract. 

Mills has proven he is not much of a RT and Glenn remains a question mark.  If his surgery truly was successful then we have 2 solid bookends and just need a backup.  Ducasse has to go so will Miller show the promise we thought he had in year 2?  

1 minute ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Mills has proven he is not much of a RT and Glenn remains a question mark.  If his surgery truly was successful then we have 2 solid bookends and just need a backup.  Ducasse has to go so will Miller show the promise we thought he had in year 2?  

Agreed Mills is subpar and there are questions with Glenn. Just took the BPA at positions of need. 

I do think Miller is primed to be one of the comeback players on our roster next year. Maybe then you take issue with selecting Price where I did in that mock, but I think he also gives flexibility to our interior OL.

Would you say OT is a higher draft need than OG?

59 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Agreed Mills is subpar and there are questions with Glenn. Just took the BPA at positions of need. 

I do think Miller is primed to be one of the comeback players on our roster next year. Maybe then you take issue with selecting Price where I did in that mock, but I think he also gives flexibility to our interior OL.

Would you say OT is a higher draft need than OG?

I think that depends on Glenn.  RT has been our biggest problem the past couple years so my answer right now is yes.

With the No. 21 pick, Kiper Jr. gave the Bills UCF cornerback and return man Mike Hughes. Hughes was a junior college transfer for the Knights and had three return touchdowns while starting 11 of 12 games at cornerback. He had 11 pass breakups, four interceptions and one defensive touchdown in 2017. Hughes also had 32 solo tackles, and that skill is valued in Sean McDermott's defense. 

With pick No. 22, Kiper Jr. has the Bills drafting defensive tackle Maurice Hurst out of Michigan. This is a common pick for the Bills in mock drafts. The need at defensive tackle is a glaring one. Kyle Williams is turning 35 years old and may not be back in 2018. The rest of the Bills' defensive tackle depth chart is underwhelming. On the surface, Hurst looks like a solid fit in McDermott's scheme and would be a massive upgrade.

DT2FLpwXcAAmcfq.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

21. BUFFALO BILLS (9-7)
LB Roquan Smith, Georgia

17OS3-Mock-Draft-2-Pick-21-768x432.jpg

The first linebacker off the board, Smith flies to the football against both the run and in coverage. He also has a knack for finishing plays as he’s been one of the surest tacklers in the country over the last two-plus years (only 16 missed tackles on 251 career attempts). He’s a perfect fit for Buffalo’s zone-heavy defensive scheme.

22. BUFFALO BILLS – FROM KANSAS CITY (10-6)

Edge Marcus Davenport, UTSA

The Bills go defense once again, adding Davenport, who projects as a classic base defensive end in a 4-3 scheme. He uses his massive 6-foot-7 frame well and he finished fourth overall among edge defenders with an 89.8 grade. He can move blockers in the run game and he picked up nine sacks, six QB hits and 34 hurries on only 257 rushes last season.

• Like (+1) 1

LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE

RB RASHAAD PENNY
SAN DIEGO STATE

WR ANTHONY MILLER
MEMPHIS

DL TIM SETTLE
VIRGINIA TECH

EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR
WAKE FOREST

LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA

OT BRANDON PARKER
NORTH CAROLINA A&T

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.