A. Rehkow released, J. Croom waived / TE and S signed

YoloinOhio

@buffalobills

We've signed TE Rory Anderson and S Adrian McDonald.

We released Austin Rehkow and waived/injured Jason Croom:

http://bufbills.co/fr8xsH

@buffalobillsPR

Heres what you need to know about the two newest @buffalobills TE Rory Anderson & S Adrian McDonald:

https://twitter.com/buffalobillspr/status/899281758025330688

Edited by YoloinOhio

When one of your top three notable accomplishments as a professional football player is that you were captain of your high school basketball team as a senior, your resume is pretty thin

lol. Leadership skills tho?

Not to mention the other one is that he has a nickname. I qualify for two out his top three as well.

I was actually kind of excited when we signed Rehkow as an UDFA. He was very good in college and considered one of the best kickers/punters in the draft. Plus, it would have been really cool to only need 1 roster spot for both the P and K...

But with how well both Schmidt and Hauschka have played, he didn't stand much of a chance. Hope he catches on somewhere.

I knew he didn't have much of a chance at winning a spot over Hauschka. Last years Schmidt though... He served his purpose I guess, providing competition to Schmidt (and Hauschka).

I was actually kind of excited when we signed Rehkow as an UDFA. He was very good in college and considered one of the best kickers/punters in the draft. Plus, it would have been really cool to only need 1 roster spot for both the P and K...

But with how well both Schmidt and Hauschka have played, he didn't stand much of a chance. Hope he catches on somewhere.

I knew he didn't have much of a chance at winning a spot over Hauschka. Last years Schmidt though... He served his purpose I guess, providing competition to Schmidt (and Hauschka).

Schmidt played poorly last season. I hope he picks up his game.

Schmidt played poorly last season. I hope he picks up his game.

Yes, very poorly. That's why I was so excited that we were bringing in what I felt was some decent competition for him.

I meant so far this preseason Schmidt has looked better. Sounds like he's been outperforming Rehkow in practice and he's looked pretty good in the 2 preseason games. Better than last season, that's for sure.