In the defense of Tyrod Taylor...

I think with a completely new receiving core and a new offensive system you are going to have some growing pains. Hopefully, in the third pre-season game they look a little bit sharper and more in sync. Tyrod made some really good throws but it looked like the receivers just didn't know where to be. Tyrod was also forcing some throws up in a more careless and aggressive fashion than he normally does (That INT to Boldin is a throw away in a regular season game in my opinion.)

If Tyrod looks better in the third pre-season game I think you will be looking at him having a solid season. He doesn't even have to look "good" next week, just look like you are starting to put it together.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is 100% turnover with the WRs on the field while TT is the QB of the first unit. Those guys are not playing with the first unit except for Boldin. And when exactly did he play with Boldin? Tyrod Taylor was not playing with the first team offense in Baltimore, Joe Flacco played with Boldin not Taylor.

Since when does being on the same roster mean you play on the field together? Thats like saying TT has timing and rapport throwing passes to Dareus.

You're kidding, right?

That's not even close to the same thing. Even Boldin stated he is familiar with TT when he signed.

Just to correct you...there has not been 100% turnover, and he has played with Boldin before as well as Powell, Tate, and Dez Lewis.

Wow.

You're kidding, right?

That's not even close to the same thing. Even Boldin stated he is familiar with TT when he signed.

From warmups and practices in Baltimore. Maybe a little bit of preseason games. have they ever played together in a real, NFL game that counts? Not much or not at all.

You're kidding, right?

Not from playing on the field...with being a teammate 5 years ago briefly. They have almost no time together and no time playing as the first unit in a game. Geezus

Edited by Alphadawg7

It's the preseason people... who cares?

After the way EJ played in preseason games in 2015 I just don't care much about it or think it's very meaningful.

Our OL was clearly the biggest problem yesterday. If they can't protect for a short period of time on these 3 and 5 step drops, we're screwed no matter who's under center.

We already know Taylor won't get the whole season if he sucks for the beginning of the year, whether it's 4, 6, or 8 games... who knows?

And the Boldin TT was throwing to in paractice and warm ups was what.... 4 or 5 years younger?

Again I think some mitigations for Taylor hold more water than others... the WR turnover is difficult for a Quarterback and I can completely buy that it affects his game. Last week he was basically throwing to Sammy, Clay and Shady - the guys he knows.

That has long been a knock on Tyrod though... his unwillingness to just throw to the open guy whoever that may be and om those timing routes he just needs to let it go. If the receiver isn't there or isn't turned around that is not on Taylor. His natural caution HAS to go because waiting half a second in this scheme the windows close.

Wow.

From warmups and practices in Baltimore. Maybe a little bit of preseason games. have they ever played together in a real, NFL game that counts? Not much or not at all.

Wow is right.

He was wrong, and then proceeded to add to his statement by saying he didn't play with those guys on the first team.

It still doesn't make what he said true, though.

The lesson is to keep things honest instead of embellishing the truth to make TT sound better.

Not from playing on the field...with being a teammate 5 years ago briefly. They have almost no time together and no time playing as the first unit in a game. Geezus

You're statement was factually incorrect.

Glad I could clear things up so posters don't get duped by TT apologists.

Wow is right.

He was wrong, and then proceeded to add to his statement by saying he didn't play with those guys on the first team.

The lesson is to keep things honest instead of embellishing the truth to make TT sound better.

The lesson is not to answer someone who may be trolling, or at best has a weird hatred for one player. i should follow my own advice.

Wow is right.

Nothing you said is truthful or factual...but keep trying

Wow.

Right, but that's not what he stated.

It's exaggeration to defend a not good QB

Wow is right.

you've been busy here today and quite entertaining with your taylor agenda. must feel good after he has poor game, eh souless.

you've been busy here today and quite entertaining with your taylor agenda. must feel good after he has poor game, eh souless.

It feels like exactly what I expected...no joy or sadness either way.

Even if TT looked good, he's not the answer for this franchise at the position. This is a throwaway season, so it matters little to me what happens this season.

Tanking would be best, but it looks doubtful to happen.

Edited by Crusher

It feels like exactly what I expected...no joy or sadness either way.

Even if TT looked good, he's not the answer for this franchise at the position. This is a throwaway season, so it matters little to me what happens this season.

Tanking would be best, but it looks doubtful to happen.

oh you're getting joy out of it or you wouldn't be here.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

If his pocket doesn't break down, I have little doubt that Tyrod will execute the timing passes just fine. The rust will wear off with more and more reps with these new receivers. Tyrod is a much better passer than he is given credit for. I don't think he makes after snap progressions quickly - but I don't think he will be asked to do that. He can throw a quick slant with precision as well as any starter not named Brady.

And if for some reason he can't and fails at the timing passes well then....only an idiot coach would force a guy to keep trying to do something he has proven he can't do.

A smart coach who wants to win would move away from those plays and run plays that he has full confidence in the QB executing - Or he replaces that QB - But that is assuming the replacement QB actually does execute those plays at a higher level than the guy he is replacing. And I question that.