Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Final Day

Have to say, your avatar elicits so many simultaneous emotions

:lol::rolleyes::huh::unsure::sick::bag::wallbash::death:

Thank you for noticing. That's exactly why i have left it as is still.

I have all those feelings as well.

Imagine how bad this is going to look on Beane if the Bills can't move the ball well this year passing. Or if this offense lacks the deep passing plays. Even if it is not primarily because of that move, it sure isn't going to reflect well on that decision. He will get a big chunk of the blame for it. Pretty ballsy move for a new GM if you ask me.

That it is. Both he and Sean.

Hang ten.

But at they do have balls at least.

and yes Bills better find a deep threat for Tyrod. I think it has been mentioned by Dennison already though.

At 61″, 211-pounds, Watkins ran a 4.43 40-yard dash (85th percentile) posting a 109.6 speed score (89th percentile), per playerprofiler.com.

At 63″, 212-pounds, Matthews ran a 4.46 40-yard dash (76th percentile) posting a 110.1 speed score (90th percentile), per playerprofiler.com.

J-Matt recorded a higher agility score and a much higher catch radius (10.19 vs. 9.97) than Watkins, while the two receivers have nearly identical burst scores. J-Matt also has a 123.3 Nike SPARQ-x score (combination of speed, power, agility, reaction, and quickness) which is in the elite 91st percentile.

Watkins SPARQ-x score is 109.3, in the 61st percentile.

So to recap, J-Matt has achieved better production in the NFL over the past three seasons, stayed healthier, and is more athletic than Watkins.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/08/14/mccoy-wrong-watkins-matthews/

I think you just kicked some ash !!!!

:thumbsup::beer:

Right?

Those who like the trade are at least willing to say that Watkins has more natural talent, but those who oppose it seem unable to grasp the importance of availability and it's impact on production.

Back to the issue though, there's no way any of Matthews, Jones, or Streater can run a fly against an NFL corner...

Nope. not gonna happen. Curls and outs is their full route tree.

doomed again Watson...

There are also a couple thousand better athletes than Sammy Watkins playing basketball in the D-League and overseas.

Watkins is the perfect combo of football skills in a WR.........that's why he was GREAT in college........and has been great when healthy and used in the pros.

Matthews is a better track athlete......lot's of those types in the NFL.........but his actual football skillset is considerably lesser.........particularly the ballskills area.

You can tell the greats because they are the same downfield as they are on shorter throws.

Case in point.........see Thurman Thomas as a receiver downfield.........awesome......smooth and natural.......track and adjust easily to throws.

McCoy and Spiller........get them 15 yards downfield and they are fighting the football.

Sammy is just awesome at every aspect you need a receiver to be.

overrated . he has great hands not great feet. He stumbles and still catches everything. GREAT ball awareness !

That's probably the best way to summarize the discussion.

Nope. All Watkins has is better production on a per-target basis. You cannot and will not address that because it runs counter to your diatribe.

He's the better player, and it's really not close.

All Matthews has on him is 9 additional games of availability.

Period.

You can bold it all you want, but that's the only thing you're betting on...and guess what? One of them is available to his team right now...who is it?

weak sauce Bandit

Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@viccarucci

My #Bills camp superlatives: McCoy, Peterman & Yarbrough sparkle

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/16/vic-caruccis-bills-camp-superlatives-mccoy-peterman-yarbrough-sparkle/

*Wide receiver: Sammy Watkins. Yes, I know he's no longer on the team, but he participated in most of the camp practices before the Bills traded him to the Los Angeles Rams last Friday. And he was easily better than any receiver on the roster through most of those workouts (newcomers Anquan Boldin and Jordan Matthews either didn't practice with him much or at all, so they aren't being factored into this assessment). Having finally recovered from the foot surgery he underwent in January, Watkins ran well and used his athleticism to the fullest to gain separation and make plays. He repeatedly out-jumped defenders for difficult catches of throws that were over his head. The Bills are going to miss the guy who showed up for camp.

Oh Vic, Vic, Vic! All camp the Watkins narrative was "How do we know he's fully healed? Can we count on him?" Now that he's in L.A. Carucci declares him "fully healed." :doh: This is your local media at work. Bills player = spin negative. Player goes to other team = spin positive! :angry:

Oh Vic, Vic, Vic! All camp the Watkins narrative was "How do we know he's fully healed? Can we count on him?" Now that he's in L.A. Carucci declares him "fully healed." :doh: This is your local media at work. Bills player = spin negative. Player goes to other team = spin positive! :angry:

That's funny, I don't recall that negative spin at camp. There were questions heading into camp, but they were answered in camp. So I don't see where Vic changed his tune.

That's funny, I don't recall that negative spin at camp. There were questions heading into camp, but they were answered in camp. So I don't see where Vic changed his tune.

Oh please. One of the top storylines of training camp was Sammy's health. Would he last 16 games? Now that he's a Ram, the answer appears to be yes.

So now you list Jerry Sullivan as a credible source? Where are Vic's stories about his injuries in camp, since you're accusing Vic of changing his tune?