Did Beast Mode always sit

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it matter? Nope. The only reason the anthem is even played is to cater to the audience. If enough people said they wouldn't buy tickets if the anthem is played believe me, it wouldn't be played.

This... if enough people boycotted and said the only way that they buy tickets to an NFL game was if players dressed in SS military regalia with swastika arm bands and hats, iron crosses pinned to their chests, and they need statues of Hitler at every stadium in which the new tradition is the players marching around the statues praising him, then best believe that is what the NFL would do.

"As an Italian"

"As a veteran"

Why does anyone care about your ethnicity or your military past?

Aren't we all Americans?

Do you feel you're better than a black man who is silently protesting oppression?

You know what? You're the reason we can't have good threads to discuss questions relating to NFL players and ex-Bills. Every post I've read from you in this thread throws a blanket over every white guy as a racist. Then, people feel the need to defend themselves. You haven't even addressed the main question posed: Marshawn said "he's always sat for the anthem for the past 11 years". I thought that was incorrect and Disco found proof. So it appears to me Marshawn is an opportunist who wants to test the water and see what the public's reaction is...when called out on it (by media) he claims "ohhhh, I've always done that"....which is wrong.

On the other hand, if Marshawn can sit and "protest" (if that's, in fact, what he was doing) and was still able to sign a two year deal with the Raiders, then maybe the current argument that Kaepernick is being blackballed is a fallacy...Marshawn sits but gets millions because he's a good players and Kaepernick sits but doesn't get signed because he is NOT a good player.

You must be a Liberal seeing as you resort to insults concerning someones opinion. Because you don't agree with it. The interesting thing with Libs is that they are everything they claim to hate. Hypocrites.

Haha. Liberal! Conservative! Snowflake! Triggered!

You are a great American. Please tell me how to be more like you!

I think there are some members on this board who are from the ignorant part of WNY that is embarrassing. Your posts aren't helping things either though. Some just throwing all white people together.

Be careful my favorite football team plays in that area. Buffalo and The Rock aren't that bad they are just victims of poor and inaccurate information that has been poured into there heads by Liberal teachers.

Haha. Liberal! Conservative! Snowflake! Triggered!

You are a great American. Please tell me how to be more like you!

Care about everyone and use your own money to help the poor instead of trying to steal your neighbors money to do it

Edited by manbeast

It's all about him! He likes making cash

He's actually one of the most selfless players to have played in recent memory and one of the worst trades in Bills history. If the organization didn't waste another 1 pick on CJ spiller and get in cap trouble by signing McCoy, the team would be in a far better position right now. So many fans on this board were so happy when he left, and he ended up becoming one of the best back's of his generation who could still be playing for us today.

Edited by MURPHD6

He's actually one of the most selfless players to have played in recent memory and one of the worst trades in Bills history. If the organization didn't waste another 1 pick on CJ spiller and get in cap trouble by signing McCoy, the team would be in a far better position right now. So many fans on this board were so happy when he left, and he ended up becoming one of the best back's of his generation who could still be playing for us today.

Maybe it's just not that big of a deal. Let him sit. Why people get so offended over this stuff I don't understand and then the other guy gets offended over the other guy getting offended. It's called Free choice and Free Opinion and in my opinion it's a non-issue. As for myself if not standing bothered someone I would stand so as not to cause the other person stress but that's me. For the record My ancestor's founded this nation and my Dad is a Vietnam Veteran so I stand because I am all for America and that in my opinion is what the flag stands for. People seem to confuse politics with American Ideology and they are not the same. I hope that people start reading the constitution and the Bill of rights and consider what it really says.

Why do Italian's always think they're not white/Caucasian Always confused me... just wondering

Why do others make everything about color or and that is it I am an American. If you are an American then your at home. If you identify as anything else then go home. It's American not African American or Mexican American. Until we all look at ourselves like that the hate will continue.

How is this thread still open? I got a warning point making a joke about Bono at a concert. WTF?

maybe it's in the wrong forum but we are on topic and it's not to offensive yet

Its always "enlightening" coming on a thread that was specific in its intention to ask a fair question, then have it evolve into BS.. i always rely on the people on this board to help me "see the light "regarding social issues.

Edited by dwight in philly

The media makes stories out of what they want to make stories out of these days. If they didn't constantly fuel this bullsh*t then things would not be the way they are. People are sheep following whoever they choose as their leader of the flock.

Hmmm... it seems as if he really did sit, so I guess you just made a big huge deal and blamed the media regarding a fact. Maybe if he didn't SIT it wouldn't fuel bullsh*t?

Let me guess... you blamed the media when he was charged with the hit and run in Buffalo.

Why do others make everything about color or and that is it I am an American. If you are an American then your at home. If you identify as anything else then go home. It's American not African American or Mexican American. Until we all look at ourselves like that the hate will continue.

maybe it's in the wrong forum but we are on topic and it's not to offensive yet

I was particularly confused as to why the other poster mentioned that he was Italian as if it gave him street cred to justify his thoughts...