Anyone else afraid of next years draft?

Virgil

You probably know this as well as anyone. But it seems like preseason predictions of the top QBs for the following season at this time of year change about 400% by the time the draft comes. Guys come out of nowhere. Big names have crappy seasons. Half the guys on the ascension don't ascend, etc.

Matt Barkley.

Yes, the Bills have a tendency to screw up these kinds of situations. Having extra high picks can make a team more willing to take "risks" with their picks, i.e., picking John McCargo with an extra first-rounder.

That said, they brought real quality into the scouting and personnel department this offseason, so I'm cautiously optimistic...

Good point. Hadn't thought of that but can see that happening. To be really forward looking, it's crossed my mind that with this many high picks, say they do get it right and select multiple really good players and we find ourselves in a situation about 4 years down the road when all their rookie contracts are running out at the same time and we won't have the cap room to retain them all. Good problem to have, I guess.

I hope that we DON'T have to trade all of that ammo for a franchise QB.

6 picks in the first 3 rounds? I hope we are getting as much talent as we can.

Next year's QB class is deep, we can get one and still keep a few picks.

Im hoping thats the case. Wat ever happened to Listenbee? Did another team pick him up after the cut?

Last years draft had a decent trio in Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes tho. Hopefully Kizer takes the Browns starting role over lurch and they become a potential trade partner.

Been hearing that for years. Hope it's true this time.

Actually, there are many years, especially recently, where the QB talent coming out of college has been crap and everyone knew it and said so.

Next year is going to be a good year. Doesn't mean we will take the right guy.

I predict the Bills select 2 QBs in the first 3 rounds

Would be fine with that; wish they would have taken 2 QBs (out of the entire draft) each year for the last decade.