Rod Streater - the real deal?

I am going to pay close attention to him in the game tomorrow.

​Excited to see how he looks.

Donald Jones said something interesting on the John Murphy show. He said that some players are great practice players but dont do so well in games.

I dont think he was talking about Streater but it was something that stuck in my mind

CBF

Trent Edwards was a practice hall of famer

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not following your logic though. He caught a lot of passes on an offense with no weapons, as you say. Wouldn't that be MORE difficult, considering the lack of threats around him?

You're also kind of selectively twisting numbers. You say 5 years. But he has only played 52 games in 5 years due to the foot injuries. Only 3 games in 2014 and 1 in 2015.

My logic is that he just happened to be the shiniest turd of the bunch. Like when Mike Williams led the Seahawks in receiving 6 years ago. Sometimes you have a JAG who's just better than the other JAG's.

And 127 catches in 52 games is 2.44 catches a game. So over a 16 game period around 39 catches.. Of course that's inflated by the 60 in 2013.

Again, I'm merely stating that although it's not literally "nothing," it's not much better. And definitely not enough to warrant a boisterous "do you even watch football" comment. As if a decent season 4 years ago makes a difference.

And I don't know of that posters history but I always like to play devils advocate. And argue.

My logic is that he just happened to be the shiniest turd of the bunch. Like when Mike Williams led the Seahawks in receiving 6 years ago. Sometimes you have a JAG who's just better than the other JAG's.

And 127 catches in 52 games is 2.44 catches a game. So over a 16 game period around 39 catches.. Of course that's inflated by the 60 in 2013.

Again, I'm merely stating that although it's not literally "nothing," it's not much better. And definitely not enough to warrant a boisterous "do you even watch football" comment. As if a decent season 4 years ago makes a difference.

And I don't know of that posters history but I always like to play devils advocate. And argue.

A 60 catch season for over 800 yards is not much better than nothing? Ok

For those who have watched camp in person, are you sold (at this point) that Streater is a lock to make the roster? Listening to Sal today, he said he sees no way he isn't at least WR4 if not WR3 going into the season. Considering this was after Boldin arrived... I was pretty surprised to hear that. I know that he's looked really solid in camp but really looking forward to seeing him Thurs. night. Wonder if he will be this year's Andre Davis/Deonte Thompson camp hero or if he's the real deal.

He has shown he can be productive in this league. So no telling but i think is a lock to make the roster and contribute in the season as well

Early in his career he looked REALLY promising with the Raiders.

I remember wondering how an Alfred State product got missed by the WR desperate Bills.

He got a nice contract from the Niners.

There was an implication from one of the media following the team that he doesn't have a full range of ball skills so would like to see how he does in preseason games.

Edited by #BADOL