Dr. Bennet Omalu: CTE obsession obscuring the truth.

JM2009

No, he really doesn't. Plain and simple, we are speaking about after the dangers are known. I'm pretty sure most everyone understands that.

Most everyone.

You remember that Surgeon General's warning on football helmets from the 80s?? "WARNING: Participation in this activity has been linked to CTE and brain damage!"

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those who say it's a personal choice kids don't know the risks. I had 3 serious knockouts as a kid from football. I played cause my friends played and my dad sent me back out a couple days later each time cause it wasn't known. They really need to come up with a better safety fix or this sport is dead. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sport will never die, all these players know the risks now, it's public knowledge and there was even a movie on it starring Will Smith, some of the smarter players left the game (Willis, Borland, Johnson) but these other guys are chasing the money so the risk is probably worth it to them at least for now, Just my opinion.

But doctors and scientists told everyone that tobacco was great for your lungs.

And NFL team doctors told the players that everything was fine and get back out there.

Not relevant. Doctors provide the best advice at the time. Big Tobacco obscured the truth, buried studies and paid people to lie. There is no indication the NFL has done that. The worst the NFL has been accused of is turning a blind eye.

You remember that Surgeon General's warning on football helmets from the 80s?? "WARNING: Participation in this activity has been linked to CTE and brain damage!"

I'm talking in the here and now.

Is what I typed that hard to comprehend? Maybe CTE is an issue right on this board?

This sport will never die, all these players know the risks now, it's public knowledge and there was even a movie on it starring Will Smith, some of the smarter players left the game (Willis, Borland, Johnson) but these other guys are chasing the money so the risk is probably worth it to them at least for now, Just my opinion.

Exactly, I look at Tom Brady. About as accomplished of an NFL player as can be, just turned 40, and considered by most as the geatest QB ever. He could easily retire and ride off into the sunset with his rings, kids, and supermodel wife and possibly never need to work another day in his life knowing he did about everything a QB can do. Instead, he chooses to continue to play this sport where he knows he is putting his body at risk.

Some players may leave the game but I don't beleive it will be enough for the sport to end.