Down & Drought

I checked and it hadn't looked like anyone posted on this series yet. Just this past month some Bills announcers in an hour long talk have been breaking down each year of the drought. Presently they are up to 2011.

Typically each session goes that they spend the first half hour of the video going over the transactions that occurred in the off season and then the next half hour actually going over the games themselves.

I hate and love this series. Hate because it brings back memories of past failures & disappointments. Love because these guys do a really great job with it.

I've attached the 2009 year. I just remember it being Jauron's last and the year they signed T.O.

https://youtu.be/CYWri4HGq5o

I have seen the tweets about it and I'm sure it's well done. Personally I just have no interest in watching it. I don't enjoy looking backward when there is nothing to gain or learn from it. It's essentially a completely different organization today, so I don't even have an interest in looking backward, even to as recent as last year. Again, I don't doubt it's of interest to many other fans though.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I will watch the early years of the drought over the next few evenings. The first season I followed was 2002 and 2002-2006 I had to make do with the 30-50 seconds of highlights they showed on the MNF.

2007 was the first year I had the means to watch every Bills game. I think I have missed about 4 or 5 since.

I have seen the tweets about it and I'm sure it's well done. Personally I just have no interest in watching it. I don't enjoy looking backward when there is nothing to gain or learn from it. It's essentially a completely different organization today, so I don't even have an interest in looking backward, even to as recent as last year. Again, I don't doubt it's of interest to many other fans though.

I don't want to agree with you on this Yolo, but, I do.. Bad enough we endured it live. Those uniforms -the dark, all blue, silver trimmed monstrosities are made to look even worse amid the failures on the field during their decade-long run. It helps, though, when I see a clip with those uni's, I know to just move on..

Got bored and watched 2009-2011. 2009 and 2010 might be 2 of the worst years of the drought. 2009 being Dick Jurors last season, why he was brought back after 3 consecutive 7-9 season, I'll never understand. The drafting of Aaron Maybin in the 2009 draft. The offense of that team was absolutely terrible. The Browns 6-3 loss might be one of the worst games of the drought. Then after the season Buddy Nix led one of the most depressing coaching searches I can remember. The Bills were turned down for interviews by Shanahan, Schottenheimer, Harbaugh and Cowher. They ended hiring Chan Gailey who still chose to start Trent Edwards as his QB. The 2010 season started out 0-8 but there were some actually pretty good games in there, the Baltimore game that went to overtime, was a shoot out and the KC game that went to overtime that almost ended in a tie.

The 2011 season seemed like the season the drought was going to end in the beginning of the season but it really was fools gold. The injuries and lack of depth plus just how horrible the defense was derailed the season. The Bills went on a 3 game losing streak in the middle of the season with a score of 106-26. The worst might have been the loss to Dallas, who were an 8-8 team that season. The Cowboys scored TDs on their first 4 offensive drives. Romo was 23-26 for 270 yards and 3 TDs.

Ah well, all in the past now.