Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Game 74 on 3/23 vs. MTL at 7 PM ET

Yea!

Just listened to the clip above..Housley saying only 10 morw periods in this building(9 now) ..trust me Phil, fans wish it were zero. Petition the league to move all games to road games.

BTW, getting pissed and calling out the effort in game 73 matters not to me, should have been doing that in game 6 when your season still mattered and everyone knew it was going down the crapper fast. But it was all sunshine back then.

I know this dude ain't going anywhere and these players are the real fault, but I ain't so confident in him either. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yea!

Just listened to the clip above..Housley saying only 10 morw periods in this building(9 now) ..trust me Phil, fans wish it were zero. Petition the league to move all games to road games.

BTW, getting pissed and calling out the effort in game 73 matters not to me, should have been doing that in game 6 when your season still mattered and everyone knew it was going down the crapper fast. But it was all sunshine back then.

I know this dude ain't going anywhere and these players are the real fault, but I ain't so confident in him either. 

Housley makes me ill when listening to him. I miss Lindy in that regard. 

And for crissakes, will he PLEASE stop putting slow slugs like Okposo on Jack’s wing? I had hoped he would put BOTH Bailey AND Baptiste on his lines, but no. And what does he do when he DOES demote Okposo like he did last night? That’s right, he puts an even SLOWER player on his wing in the form of Pominville! Our lack of speed was really exposed last night against a far better skating team, AGAIN! 

Oh, and Bealieu has got to go, too. He is clueless. 

On 3/19/2018 at 1:30 PM, shrader said:

The problem there though is that St. Cloud is the #1 team in the country and the championship game is the same day as the Sabres last game.  So there's a decent shot there won't be any games for him to play in.  There could be plenty of time for the Calder Cup playoffs though.  That's going to be his best bet.

But don't worry too much.  St. Cloud are perennial chokers.  They'll probably find a way to lose this weekend.

Wow, I got the return on this post so much quicker than I thought I would. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Fully agree with Kris Baker here. 

If they dont get Borgen signed and he goes back for his senior year, he is pretty much going to free agency IMO and I'm getting sick of losing guys to free agency before they ever play a game here. 

Very good defensive defenseman with an excellent shot at being an NHL regular, and a good one at that. 

16 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Fully agree with Kris Baker here. 

If they dont get Borgen signed and he goes back for his senior year, he is pretty much going to free agency IMO and I'm getting sick of losing guys to free agency before they ever play a game here. 

Very good defensive defenseman with an excellent shot at being an NHL regular, and a good one at that. 

Botts was at the game. He knows how important getting Borgen is. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Game 75 on 3/24 vs. NYR at 7 PM ET

raise your hand if you have watched more than 2 periods of the Sabres live in the last month or so. I am really curious if anyone that is in this thread has watched any lately. Last i can remember watching live is the first Maple Leaf game. 

GR has a twitter poll up asking if this is the worst season ever..and I absolutely think it is.

16 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

raise your hand if you have watched more than 2 periods of the Sabres live in the last month or so. I am really curious if anyone that is in this thread has watched any lately. Last i can remember watching live is the first Maple Leaf game. 

GR has a twitter poll up asking if this is the worst season ever..and I absolutely think it is.

I was at the game last night. There was little to no effort.  I don't know what I'm going to do the next time I see one of the Sabres defensemen flip the puck high out of their own zone.  Is that really part of Housley's genius "system"?