Toronto Hotel advice?

bbb

Two weekends from now I'm going to Toronto to do this health related thing. I'm looking at hotels in the vicinity. It's in the Spadina Rd./St. Clair West area. The hotels are pretty expensive. I guess this is downtown.

I'm wondering if there is are good hotels that are cheaper that would be on the subway line that goes to the to the St. Clair West subway station - because that is right there.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Spadina/St Clair is miles above downtown. It's not a great hotel city.

Hmmm.. It shows in the downtown zone on Priceline?

I stayed at the Trump international in downtown Toronto for a business trip and it was like in the top 3 hotels I have ever stayed in. Really phenomenal. The only issue might be rates-- we got a really good deal but am not sure how.

That looks great. It's definitely higher than I was looking for, but I might end up doing it.

Any motel 6s They leave the light on for you.

Hope nothing serious health wise?

Thanks. It's more long term serious - trying to solve a chronic issue that eventually will be the death of me, but no time soon!

Not a Toronto expert, but in March I learned an important lesson. I had trips to Orlando and Vail, CO to book, and I did it on line. Expedia apparently goes by many names. Regardless, when I later had questions (what if my NCAA hoops team loses? What's the early leave policy?) the hotels could not answer. They had sold those nights to Expedia and their policies ruled. So I called Expedia, where no one spoke english and they said I had to call the hotel. Hours of nightmare stuff. Horrible experience.

Find the best deal on line, then call and book through the hotel directly.

EDIT: They may not have the same deal you saw on line because they already sold those rooms, but they may be able to match. That was what I was advised.

Edited by Augie

St Clair West subway station is about a dozen stops north of Union Station, well past the financial district. It would be a long walk. A quick look at best hotels near that station puts them 2 or more miles south.

Not a Toronto expert, but in March I learned an important lesson. I had trips to Orlando and Vail, CO to book, and I did it on line. Expedia apparently goes by many names. Regardless, when I later had questions (what if my NCAA hoops team loses? What's the early leave policy?) the hotels could not answer. They had sold those nights to Expedia and their policies ruled. So I called Expedia, where no one spoke english and they said I had to call the hotel. Hours of nightmare stuff. Horrible experience.

Find the best deal on line, then call and book through the hotel directly.

EDIT: They may not have the same deal you saw on line because they already sold those rooms, but they may be able to match. That was what I was advised.

Thanks. I've heard that before, too..............Who was your team in Orlando?

St Clair West subway station is about a dozen stops north of Union Station, well past the financial district. It would be a long walk. A quick look at best hotels near that station puts them 2 or more miles south.

I'm confused. I want to end up at St. Clair West station. I'm not sure what Union Station is........I thought a hotel further out that what Priceline is calling Downtown, and then taking the train to St. Clair West station might be an option. (If the hotels are cheaper in the other zones)

Sorry, this is the subway map, St Clair West is your station.

http://www.blogto.com/upload/2013/10/20131028-TTC-Map9.jpg

Casa Loma is the cultural focal point of the area, a very very nice place to own a house....

(I'd call it Mid-town)

I assume you would like a decent place, a Marriot or Hilton, that won't take you an hour on the subway each day.

I always go to expedia and make a request within a decent walking distance of a cultural focal point.

Good luck

Two weekends from now I'm going to Toronto to do this health related thing. I'm looking at hotels in the vicinity. It's in the Spadina Rd./St. Clair West area. The hotels are pretty expensive. I guess this is downtown.

I'm wondering if there is are good hotels that are cheaper that would be on the subway line that goes to the to the St. Clair West subway station - because that is right there.

Honestly, the best results I've had in Toronto over the Summer were waiting until a few days before and booking online. There are sooooo many hotels, and so few of them fill to capacity.

Last time Mrs. Bandit and I went, we got a beautiful room at the Metropolitan (4 blocks from Dundas Square) for less than $140/night U.S. Regular room rate was something north of $250.

BBB , first , best of luck with the " health related thing" . Hope it is not serious. Have you clicked the express deals in Priceline? Been on Hotwire? Hotel Tonight can sometimes be okay, but I have much better luck on Priceline

Looking at the map and hotels in detail, you are better off around Bloor, the long east-west street of Toronto, north of "downtown", less of a subway ride for you.

google... hotels near casa loma

Thanks. I've heard that before, too..............Who was your team in Orlando?

After St Joes I went to Xavier in Cincinnati. ELITE EIGHT BABY! :)

When I left there in '82 they started a nice upward climb. (People often say things look up when I leave a room. :( .) Pretty nice little program these days! Great class coming in this year....don't get me started. They give me my "winning fix". I need it....

After St Joes I went to Xavier in Cincinnati. ELITE EIGHT BABY! :)

When I left there in '82 they started a nice upward climb. (People often say things look up when I leave a room. :( .) Pretty nice little program these days! Great class coming in this year....don't get me started. They give me my "winning fix". I need it....

I liked Xavier when they were the flagship program in the A-10. Now, I don't care too much for them, like a jilted lover............You didn't have to leave just because the Bonnies beat you in the A-10 championship in 2012!

One of my best friend's daughters is going to go there next year, I just found out.