No NFL player famous in the world - ESPN

I guess the games in London aren't bringing the international fanfare Goodell thought it would? Or maybe teams like the Patriots and Steelers need to start playing games over there?

They are having a big effect in the UK.... in London and the south east. Whenever I move jobs in London there are NFL fans in the new office. When I go "home" in northern England it is still seen as very niche. London and the South East of England is very different to the rest of the UK. Viewing figures for NFL in the UK are up but I suspect it is massively skewed geographically. Blokes lives nearer where I am from and he was saying there is 1 bar in Manchester he knows show games. I know half a dozen that show the Sunday games within 5 miles of me in London.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are having a big effect in the UK.... in London and the south east. Whenever I move jobs in London there are NFL fans in the new office. When I go "home" in northern England it is still seen as very niche. London and the South East of England is very different to the rest of the UK. Viewing figures for NFL in the UK are up but I suspect it is massively skewed geographically. Blokes lives nearer where I am from and he was saying there is 1 bar in Manchester he knows show games. I know half a dozen that show the Sunday games within 5 miles of me in London.

Yeah it is having an impact I think. Doesn't Sky broadcast NFL games everyweek with their own panel of analysts similar to what networks here do with Premier League?

Yeah it is having an impact I think. Doesn't Sky broadcast NFL games everyweek with their own panel of analysts similar to what networks here do with Premier League?

Yea but they were doing that way before the International Series games, though viewing figures are up considerably in the last 5 or 6 years.

Edited by GunnerBill

I don't really understand the sentiment that soccer isn't a sport but ok lol.

if you can successfully wear a man bun whilst "playing" it.... than it's not a sport.

soccer = terrible.

So basically, he doesn't like it so it is not a sport :)

NFL markets its league

MLB markets its teams

NBA markets its stars. So does soccer, tennis and golf.

The most well known football player retired over a year ago.

NHL is not on anyone's radar. I bet >90% of Americans couldn't name a single current NHL player.