Rick Dennison interview on WGR

We'll use the old Steve Johnson excuse that got thrown out there by fans - he runs irregular routes and confuses his QB.

That might as well been Rex Ryan this morning talking about Tyrod and the plan for this offense.

I thought the Steve Johnson excuse was God didn't want him to catch it?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He caught more than Sammy Watkins ever has here in Buffalo

What?

In Stevie's best season, he caught 82 passes on 143 targets for 1,073 yards and 10 TDs.

In Sammy's second year, in which he played 13 games, he caught 60 passes on 95 targets for 1,047 yards and 9 TDs

Sammy has the 5th-most receiving yards before turning 24 years old of any WR in NFL history​.

He caught more than Sammy Watkins ever has here in Buffalo

You mean the guy who spent 6 years on the team has more stats than the guy who's been here for 3 years?

For what it's worth, in Stevie's 6 years here he averaged 3.96 catches and 50.42 yards per game. Sammy is currently averaging 4.14 catches and 66.46 yards per game. Clearly God also didn't want Stevie to be as good at WR as Sammy.

What?

In Stevie's best season, he caught 82 passes on 143 targets for 1,073 yards and 10 TDs.

In Sammy's second year, in which he played 13 games, he caught 60 passes on 95 targets for 1,047 yards and 9 TDs

Sammy has the 5th-most receiving yards before turning 24 years old of any WR in NFL history​.

Did you just make an argument against yourself? 82 is more then 60

Edited by Figster

Did you just make an argument against yourself?

No...the implication was quite clear: Stevie's best season in the NFL required 60% more targets to produce a similar number of yards and TDs than Sammy's best season (in which he played 3 fewer games I might add).

No...the implication was quite clear: Stevie's best season in the NFL required 60% more targets to produce a similar number of yards and TDs than Sammy's best season (in which he played 3 fewer games I might add).

The 3 fewer games is part of the equation/problem with Sammy.

Don't get me wrong , I'm still Sammy >>>>>SJ, and its not even close.

Edited by Figster

We are still waiting for Sammy to have as good of year as Steve.

#4 overall verses 7th Rounder with 4.55 speed from Kentucky.

It was a stupid trade then because Doug Marrone didn't like Steve.

No, we aren't. He's had basically equal production to Stevie's best season in fewer games with far, far fewer targets.

I'll continue to say it: the biggest impediment to Sammy's productivity has been lack of targets, because he's been outstanding on a per-target basis. His second-biggest impediment has been availability, but he's hardly been an outlier in that regard as far as receivers go.

The 3 fewer games is part of the equation/problem with Sammy.

See above: biggest issue is lack of targets when he's on the field. A relatively distant second is his availability.

No, we aren't. He's had basically equal production to Stevie's best season in fewer games with far, far fewer targets.

I'll continue to say it: the biggest impediment to Sammy's productivity has been lack of targets, because he's been outstanding on a per-target basis. His second-biggest impediment has been availability, but he's hardly been an outlier in that regard as far as receivers go.

See above: biggest issue is lack of targets when he's on the field. A relatively distant second is his availability.

Product of a G Roman run 1st O IMO.

Product of a G Roman run 1st O IMO.

At first, yes, but look at the final 9 games of 2015. G-Ro actually made an effort to get him involved, and he was the 4th-most targeted player in the NFL over that 9-game stretch...and he was the most productive WR in the league as a result.

What do you think Dennison is?

Roman 2.0

Cold weather = Run Ball

Since 2010 the primary receiver in the Kubiak/Dennison offense has gotten 133 targets or more every year but one and 145 or more 4 or the 7 years. Sammy's highest targets in a season ever was 128. His highest was 95 under Greg Roman.

At first, yes, but look at the final 9 games of 2015. G-Ro actually made an effort to get him involved, and he was the 4th-most targeted player in the NFL over that 9-game stretch...and he was the most productive WR in the league as a result.

I love Sammy, huge, huge fan, and I think he's about as an elite WR as you will ever find.

Perhaps Coachable=more scripted?

yup

Yep. More Dinosaur Football.

Yeah the team with the 7th rated rushing attack beat the team with the 5th rated rushing attack in the super bowl.

Just pass all the time! It works! Ask Kyle Shanahan and Matt Ryan...

Also - wasn't he the OC of the team that won the super bowl in 2015?

Edited by dneveu