Guess He Doesn't Like Bikers

TSNBDSC

There are two competitive bicyclists on another board I'm on. They are two of a kind - and the most narcissistic egomaniacs I've encountered long term on the internet...............Is that a coincidence?

I don't bike????

They get high off the exhaust. D'uh.

I lay coal - the redneck term for making your exhaust thick and heavy - when bicyclists are being !@#$s.

You slow down and let the revs fall way down until it drops to 2nd and then floor it to where it revs the hell out of second and drops a 30-40' diesel exhaust plume.

I don't bike????

I lay coal - the redneck term for making your exhaust thick and heavy - when bicyclists are being !@#$s.

You slow down and let the revs fall way down until it drops to 2nd and then floor it to where it revs the hell out of second and drops a 30-40' diesel exhaust plume.

I guess this belongs in the pet peeves thread

which pisses me off because that **** gets into my cars vents !!!

• 3 weeks later...

my question is why were they riding double, which is illegal

Best answer is the first comment showing:

The Cyclist has the right to the entire lane in Tennessee. Take it up with the legislature not the cyclist. Both the truck and the hit and run driver were clearly passing in a no passing zone. T.C.A. §55-8-175(a)(1)©, permits a cyclist to take the entire right-hand lane when a lane is substandard width. National standards state that a lane must be fourteen feet wide to allow a motorist and a bicycle to travel safely side by side within the lane. The majority of roads in Tennessee have substandard width lanes, thus a cyclist may lawfully take the entire lane, rather than being restricted by the provision that cyclists must “ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway.” However, §55-8-175(b)(1) states: "Persons riding bicycles upon a roadway shall not ride more than two (2) abreast except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles. Persons riding two (2) abreast shall not impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic and, on a laned roadway, shall ride within a single lane." Tickets for both driver and cyclist! Personally, I hate cyclists that bike on narrow roads when there are thousands of bike trails to accommodate them. Lesson to cyclists: the law of the road will protect you, the law of physics will not. F = ma (force = mass x acceleration). Newton’s Second Law of Motion: “The force acting on an object is equal to the mass of that object times its acceleration.” In layman's terms, bike and cyclist go to ground when struck by vehicle. Newton's Fourth Law deals with gravity, concussions, friction, road rash, and **** like that.

The Cyclist has the right to the entire lane in Tennessee. Take it up with the legislature not the cyclist. Both the truck and the hit and run driver were clearly passing in a no passing zone. T.C.A. §55-8-175(a)(1)©, permits a cyclist to take the entire right-hand lane when a lane is substandard width. National standards state that a lane must be fourteen feet wide to allow a motorist and a bicycle to travel safely side by side within the lane. The majority of roads in Tennessee have substandard width lanes, thus a cyclist may lawfully take the entire lane, rather than being restricted by the provision that cyclists must “ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway.” However, §55-8-175(b)(1) states: "Persons riding bicycles upon a roadway shall not ride more than two (2) abreast except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles. Persons riding two (2) abreast shall not impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic and, on a laned roadway, shall ride within a single lane." Tickets for both driver and cyclist! Personally, I hate cyclists that bike on narrow roads when there are thousands of bike trails to accommodate them. Lesson to cyclists: the law of the road will protect you, the law of physics will not. F = ma (force = mass x acceleration). Newton’s Second Law of Motion: “The force acting on an object is equal to the mass of that object times its acceleration.” In layman's terms, bike and cyclist go to ground when struck by vehicle. Newton's Fourth Law deals with gravity, concussions, friction, road rash, and **** like that.

exactly. glad he got hit

my question is why were they riding double, which is illegal

I am pretty sure that bikes, motorcycles can ride two abreast in a lane. Isn't that the accepted law everywhere? Then some States go even further and allow lane splitting.

Cyclists were obeying the law. The guy that got hit could file charges, and should.

The cars are breaking law. They are passing in a no passing zone.

I wonder if they can zoom in on the plate. Freeze it and make tag out.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I am pretty sure that bikes, motorcycles can ride two abreast in a lane. Isn't that the accepted law everywhere? Then some States go even further and allow lane splitting.

Cyclists are required to ride single file when they are obstructing traffic. And California is the only state that allows lane splitting.

Cyclists are required to ride single file when they are obstructing traffic.

Thanks... Didn't know that! Thought cyclists and motorcycles had same rule!

Now... Still, can you pass a cyclist when there is a double yellow? Is it legal or totally no passing? Even cyclists and slow moving vehicles. ??

Halo 4Me

The Cyclist has the right to the entire lane in Tennessee. Take it up with the legislature not the cyclist. Both the truck and the hit and run driver were clearly passing in a no passing zone. T.C.A. §55-8-175(a)(1)©, permits a cyclist to take the entire right-hand lane when a lane is substandard width. National standards state that a lane must be fourteen feet wide to allow a motorist and a bicycle to travel safely side by side within the lane. The majority of roads in Tennessee have substandard width lanes, thus a cyclist may lawfully take the entire lane, rather than being restricted by the provision that cyclists must ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway. However, §55-8-175(b)(1) states: "Persons riding bicycles upon a roadway shall not ride more than two (2) abreast except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles. Persons riding two (2) abreast shall not impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic and, on a laned roadway, shall ride within a single lane." Tickets for both driver and cyclist! Personally, I hate cyclists that bike on narrow roads when there are thousands of bike trails to accommodate them. Lesson to cyclists: the law of the road will protect you, the law of physics will not. F = ma (force = mass x acceleration). Newtons Second Law of Motion: The force acting on an object is equal to the mass of that object times its acceleration. In layman's terms, bike and cyclist go to ground when struck by vehicle. Newton's Fourth Law deals with gravity, concussions, friction, road rash, and **** like that.

I love how at the beginning of the video they chuckle knowing that they are holding up traffic. Cyclists have weird psychological issues. These individuals have so much hubris that they are unaware their own video makes them look like the instigators they are. First, they are taking a video to begin with. Then, when the inevitable confrontation occurs, they laugh at it. Then, when something bad happens to them, they are victims and the world has to know. Get a life and pedal your kid toy in a neighborhood.

One of the cars honks and then passes. The road is clearly bending to the left. The second car is a mini-van. This tells us that it is quite possibly a woman driving which means there is a little premature panic going on behind the wheel of that minivan and she tries to get back over too quickly, or it is deliberate contact which could mean it is a man driving. I'd say it is a 50/50 shot on deliberate contact. If the contact is deliberate there is no excusing the driver. That's just wrong. Fun maybe, but wrong. These bicyclists are like cockroaches. You'll never get rid of them all. Our society got too girly decades ago and the genie isn't going back in the bottle. They were probably pedaling to their men's soccer league.

So:

Cyclists at least 50% wrong. 100% wrong if it was in fact a panicked woman. 50% if it was a deliberate hit. Average that out and 75% of the blame goes to the douche bicyclist.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I love how at the beginning of the video they chuckle knowing that they are holding up traffic. Cyclists have weird psychological issues. These individuals have so much hubris that they are unaware their own video makes them look like the instigators they are. First, they are taking a video to begin with. Then, when the inevitable confrontation occurs, they laugh at it. Then, when something bad happens to them, they are victims and the world has to know. Get a life and pedal your kid toy in a neighborhood.

One of the cars honks and then passes. The road is clearly bending to the left. The second car is a mini-van. This tells us that it is quite possibly a woman driving which means there is a little premature panic going on behind the wheel of that minivan and she tries to get back over too quickly, or it is deliberate contact which could mean it is a man driving. I'd say it is a 50/50 shot on deliberate contact. If the contact is deliberate their is no excusing the driver. That's just wrong. Fun maybe, but wrong. These bicyclists are like cockroaches. You'll never get rid of them all. Our society got too girly decades ago and the genie isn't going back in the bottle. They were probably pedaling to their men's soccer league.

So:

Cyclists at least 50% wrong. 100% wrong if it was in fact a panicked woman. 50% if it was a deliberate hit. Average that out and 75% of the blame goes to the douche bicyclist.

LoL.

Yeah, they know motor vehicle(s) are behind them... Why not single file and move to the right, plenty of room. Why do they have to be douchebags and hold up a column of vehicles?

It's like walking across a parking lot and going slow, making traffic stop for you, why not at least put a spring in your step and make an effort to not trouble people. Same with the bikes, move to the right. Cyclists should be the burdened ones.

This grinds my gears in many ways:

• can't stand drivers unable to keep up with the speed limit let alone a cyclist in the middle of the road. Stay right (single file) and let me pass d-bag(s)!
  • that dude is lucky to be walking. Let's say he had the right-of-way (I doubt it). Is it cool to be right and injured/crippled/dead? Cars > bikes
  • just seems like classic passive-aggressive and/or ignorant behavior. I spent the past week doing a lot of city walking, waiting for the walk sign. Never took for granted that a car blowing a red light could put me in a world of hurt.
  • I've seen too many cyclists pretend to observe the laws of the road...and then blow through the stop sign or red light when they get to it
  • a week ago I'm driving on a local road with a double yellow and a kid on a bike in the opposite lane is popping wheelies. I slow down as I approach, he swerves slightly into my lane so I give him a friendly tap of the horn to let him know I'm there...and get a world of attitude when I pass him. I laughed in his face as I drove by shaking my head.

<p>

This grinds my gears in many ways:

• can't stand drivers unable to keep up with the speed limit let alone a cyclist in the middle of the road. Stay right (single file) and let me pass d-bag(s)!
  • that dude is lucky to be walking. Let's say he had the right-of-way (I doubt it). Is it cool to be right and injured/crippled/dead? Cars > bikes
  • just seems like classic passive-aggressive and/or ignorant behavior. I spent the past week doing a lot of city walking, waiting for the walk sign. Never took for granted that a car blowing a red light could put me in a world of hurt.
  • I've seen too many cyclists pretend to observe the laws of the road...and then blow through the stop sign or red light when they get to it
  • a week ago I'm driving on a local road with a double yellow and a kid on a bike in the opposite lane is popping wheelies. I slow down as I approach, he swerves slightly into my lane so I give him a friendly tap of the horn to let him know I'm there...and get a world of attitude when I pass him. I laughed in his face as I drove by shaking my head.

• Like the bullet posting!

One of the cars honks and then passes. The road is clearly bending to the left. The second car is a mini-van. This tells us that it is quite possibly a woman driving which means there is a little premature panic going on behind the wheel of that minivan and she tries to get back over too quickly, or it is deliberate contact which could mean it is a man driving. I'd say it is a 50/50 shot on deliberate contact. If the contact is deliberate there is no excusing the driver. That's just wrong. Fun maybe, but wrong. These bicyclists are like cockroaches. You'll never get rid of them all. Our society got too girly decades ago and the genie isn't going back in the bottle. They were probably pedaling to their men's soccer league.

So:

This post is 110% great!