May Movies: Guardians Vol.2, Pirates 5, & Alien: Covenant

I very much enjoy Aliens. Is it too difficult to ask for another movie with a crew that actually has a clue? If I were going to a distant planet to colonize I would be packing some heat and encouraging my crew mates in a most ardent way to be cautious and use common sense.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Alien: Covenant last night. My bro hated it but I'm an Alien junkie and enjoyed it, although I realize they've veered so far off from where they need to be to make the original movie make sense.

But a bad sign is that the theater was at-best half-filled. Prometheus' premiere was packed.

When I saw "Prometheus" it really left a bad taste in a lot of the Alien fans mouths. I thought it was a pretty good movie, yet there are people who hate that film.

A little frustrating. I wanted this series to be really good. I feel like I'm the only person who enjoyed Prometheus.

You and I are definitely in the minority.

I loved Prometheus and didn't even know it was an aliens movie when I watched it. Yeah I know. I live under a rock.

:lol:

No. But I'll probably watch it whenever I'm watching TV and I see it's on a premium channel.

Prometheus would have been better-served being a stand alone movie.

That is a very good point. It probably would have been better served as a stand alone movie.

I haven't seen "Alien: Covenant", and I admit I'm not dying to see it.

Overall I think the Alien series is overdone. "Alien" is a classic thriller. "Aliens" is a fun action movie. "Alien 3" is uninspired and kind of boring. "Alien: Resurrection" is a mess. I have never seen any of the Alien Vs. Predator movies.

I really think that the Alien franchise should be shelved permanently. There just doesn't seem to be anything more that can keep it creative.

It's good to have Ridley Scott directing this new film, but I think this franchise has run it's course. Who knows, maybe I'll love "Alien: Covenant" and my attitude will change.

When I saw "Prometheus" it really left a bad taste in a lot of the Alien fans mouths. I thought it was a pretty good movie, yet there are people who hate that film.

That is a very good point. It probably would have been better served as a stand alone movie.

Overall I think the Alien series is overdone. "Alien" is a classic thriller. "Aliens" is a fun action movie. "Alien 3" is uninspired and kind of boring. "Alien: Resurrection" is a mess. I have never seen any of the Alien Vs. Predator movies.

I really think that the Alien franchise should be shelved permanently. There just doesn't seem to be anything more that can keep it creative.

It's good to have Ridley Scott directing this new film, but I think this franchise has run it's course. Who knows, maybe I'll love "Alien: Covenant" and my attitude will change.

I thought Prometheus was a good movie ruined by the need for everyone to be gargantually stupid for the movie to occur. "Holy ****, we're trapped, I'm panicking...Hey, look, a vagina-faced cobra-hooded snake thingy! Let's give it a tummy rub!" It was like Dumb and Dumber, set in space.

No way...it's a badass monster. So much more could be done with the series.

I liked that Prometheus questioned our origin. I liked that questions went unanswered. Just could have been written better, as others have mentioned. They need fresh blood in that department. Pun intended.

Did you see Alien: Covenant?

I have not. Maybe tonight. I just got a negative vibe from your post. Considering you're a fan of the series, I took it as a bad sign.

saw covenant..

i have mixed emotions.

1. the crews lack of common sense was disappointing.

2. i would've liked to hear a bit more of the engineers.

3. i like happy endings, and i cant stand david. i want to see the human race succeed and expand, in the real and in film.

i thought it was entertaining though. so i guess it did its job in the end.