QB comparative data for Tyrod from Cian Fahey to discuss

i'll settle for him just beating good teams. i don't care how he does it, just do it. he hasn't been able to the last two years.

Do you mean beating good teams consistently or ever?

If consistently, okay. If ever, he's beaten good teams as a starter.

The team (with him at QB) beat the playoff bound Texans last year and the 3-0 Patriots who shut out a playoff bound team 10 days earlier (3 days extra rest and prep for the greatest coaching mind in history) with exactly the same QB at the helm as the Bills would go on to shut them out.

I get that absolutely everyone wants to pile on that Patriots game being without Brady, but that was still a pretty darn good team.

It's me saying I'd gladly welcome more interceptions in exchange for more TDs and wins. Kind of petty for you to focus on a 2 letter word like this.

I'm not trying to be petty, I'm fine with "what if" conversations... and I guess you are, too. But only when they suit you.

Even if the Miami game and Seattle game are Taylor's ceiling, if he can more consistently play to that level and have fewer games like Cincinnati and Baltimore, he'd be just fine.

That Miami game was just a perfect storm of crap going against him after bringing the team down for the late go ahead TD.

Not a fan of this logic really.

... ?

You're not a fan of the logic you pretty much entirely agree with...?

I'm not a fan of playing the what if game.

A bit hypocritical.

I really don't care. I just think it's funny, coming from you... 0:)

People don't necessarily want to see more interceptions. We are just willing to accept them if it means more yards, TDs and overall productivity that lead to more wins.

Up until this point, Tyrod has been a low risk low reward QB and while the ability to protect the ball is vital, so is the ability to throw TDs. I want to see him be more aggressive. The interceptions I can live with if his aggression also lead to more TDs and ultimately more wins.

And less than 10 pages later you do this.

Just entertaining...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean beating good teams consistently or ever?

If consistently, okay. If ever, he's beaten good teams as a starter.

The team (with him at QB) beat the playoff bound Texans last year and the 3-0 Patriots who shut out a playoff bound team 10 days earlier (3 days extra rest and prep for the greatest coaching mind in history) with exactly the same QB at the helm as the Bills would go on to shut them out.

I get that absolutely everyone wants to pile on that Patriots game being without Brady, but that was still a pretty darn good team.

i'm a taylor fan and i still dont count the brisset led pats as a notch on taylors belt.... foxx obviously means he needs to beat more good teams at a more consistent rate. its not rocket science that needs to happen. but there are a lot of other factors from the TEAM that come into play when we talk about how the bills havnt beat many good teams lately(or the last 17 years).

for me personally... i'd like to see him come up bigger in clutch moments. he's had plenty of late game opportunities and as a general rule has come up small in those big moments. that just has to change. no way around it.

via Joey B .

doesn't sound like things have changed much during the off season.

gonna be a loooooooonnnnnggggg season....

Oh boy... we're already starting with these practice reports...

Well... might as well give you a counter:

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/bills-wrap-hyper-competitive-minicamp-next-stop-training-camp

—The offense had a much better day throwing the football overall, especially in the red zone. Multiple TD passes were thrown by Tyrod Taylor in the red area while the starters were going against one another.

Good to end strong going into a 6 week hiatus and end on a high note :nana:

I'm not trying to be petty, I'm fine with "what if" conversations... and I guess you are, too. But only when they suit you.

You're so used to being petty and passive aggressive that it just comes naturally at this point. All those hours spent arguing with Crusher have changed you.

Edited by Bangarang

You're so used to being petty and passive aggressive that it just comes naturally at this point. All those hours spent arguing with Crusher have changed you.

You're assuming he changed.

I think all this Taylor talk brought out his true personality.

I don't think I've changed much, and Crusher sure as hell hasn't changed me. I'm not being petty and think I'm being pretty direct, which is exactly the opposite of passive aggressive. You're trying to make this personal for some reason. If you can't even acknowledge there's some level of hypocrisy in your line of thinking I guess that's fine. You're a poster I respect even though we often disagree,

You're making something personal by calling me names when there's no need to.

I've been proven wrong... even hypocritical in the past. When someone points it out, I'll own it and admit it. Or I'll explain myself if I think it's necessary.

You're just perpetuating personal attacks by insulting me, instead.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

I don't think I've changed much, and Crusher sure as hell hasn't changed me. I'm not being petty and think I'm being pretty direct, which is exactly the opposite of passive aggressive. You're trying to make this personal for some reason. If you can't even acknowledge there's some level of hypocrisy in your line of thinking I guess that's fine. You're a poster I respect even though we often disagree,

You're making something personal by calling me names when there's no need to.

I've been proven wrong... even hypocritical in the past. When someone points it out, I'll own it and admit it. Or I'll explain myself if I think it's necessary.

You're just perpetuating personal attacks by insulting me, instead.

You're being overly dramatic and I'm not making it personal.

You're obviously someone who gets off on trying to prove points. If you think I'm being hypocritical then fine. You can have your petty victory.

You're being overly dramatic and I'm not making it personal.

You're obviously someone who gets off on trying to prove points. If you think I'm being hypocritical then fine. You can have your petty victory.

Thanks! I needed that... I mean my life revolves around these Internet victories :thumbsup:

We're still on for bocce and beers later, right? :wub:

okay, let me phrase it another way....

i would simply settle for having a Tyrod led team beat the good teams. i don't care how he leads them there, just do it. a Tyrod led team has not been able to do so the last two years.

better?

semantics.....

i could say the same to you though.... you want to see Tyrod pull out games at the end. it's a team game, remember??

goose/gander and all that.....

Thank you that is a better way to put it

And yes I would like to see Tyrod make that pass that actually wins a game in closing moments of the 4th quarter.......but I do go back to what I have said for a while now....playmakers make plays......if a ball hits the hands of a pass catcher....they need to catch it.

We were actually just one play away from beating Seattle last year......a good team in which Tyrod had a very good game....an defender runs through a WR knocking him down with no whistle....what we need to have happen is the pass to be catchable....and the pass catcher has to find a way to catch it.

Thanks! I needed that... I mean my life revolves around these Internet victories :thumbsup:

You should write a biography "off the wall"

This is too emo for the wall. Let's get you and crusher on Dr. Phil and let the healing begin.

Thank you that is a better way to put it

And yes I would like to see Tyrod make that pass that actually wins a game in closing moments of the 4th quarter.......but I do go back to what I have said for a while now....playmakers make plays......if a ball hits the hands of a pass catcher....they need to catch it.

We were actually just one play away from beating Seattle last year......a good team in which Tyrod had a very good game....an defender runs through a WR knocking him down with no whistle....what we need to have happen is the pass to be catchable....and the pass catcher has to find a way to catch it.

We need a pass catcher like Derek Hagan then it's on. Edited by Maury Ballstein

Back to discussion of the relative topic at hand entitled:

Tyrod Taylor had 7th-best QB rating while under pressure in 2016

https://www.google.com/amp/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2017/6/14/15802026/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-7th-best-qb-rating-while-under-pressure-in-2016

And here's Trappasso's conclusion (he's clearly a Tyrod homer :flirt:):

The combination of these advanced statistics helps to dispel the notion that Tyrod is ineffective in the face of pressure because he morphs into a running back in those situations.

This clearly means more to you then you let on. Deny all you want, but posters who are familiar with you can tell.

It's a shame what TT and the posters who do not believe in your fantasy have done to you.

Back to discussion of the relative topic at hand entitled:

Tyrod Taylor had 7th-best QB rating while under pressure in 2016

https://www.google.com/amp/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2017/6/14/15802026/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-7th-best-qb-rating-while-under-pressure-in-2016

And here's Trappasso's conclusion (he's clearly a Tyrod homer :flirt:):

The combination of these advanced statistics helps to dispel the notion that Tyrod is ineffective in the face of pressure because he morphs into a running back in those situations.

And six points under league average without pressure.

It figures Tyrod is good under pressure since his elite athleticism can overcome that pressure by escaping it. I've never disputed his ability to get out of the pocket and make throws either, so this was never a criticism of TT from myself anyway.

i'll settle for him just beating good teams. i don't care how he does it, just do it. he hasn't been able to the last two years.

A team consist of offense, defense, and special teams. Of those facets if a football team a qb solely plays on offense. Wins and losses are a function of the three phases of a foitball team. Not solely on the qb.

And six points under league average without pressure.

It figures Tyrod is good under pressure since his elite athleticism can overcome that pressure by escaping it. I've never disputed his ability to get out of the pocket and make throws either, so this was never a criticism of TT from myself anyway.

Yeah, he was absolutely underwhelming without pressure, true.

But the problem with your qualifier in the 2nd paragraph is your assumption that it's his passing out of the pocket that boosts him up... directly from the article:

Tyrod was 64 of 143 (44.7%) for 996 yards (6.96 yards per attempt) with 10 TDs and four INTs while under pressure in 2016.

Now I'm not presuming to figure out every single pass they've recorded, but according to PFF, 10 of his TDs were under pressure.

Now go to YouTube and count how many of his 17 TD passes he left the pocket for. I think you're going to be surprised (dare I even say encouraged?) at the fraction of his TD passes alone he actually left the pocket. If that's any indication of the rest of the throws they counted, the entire premise of what you say here is missing the mark.

via Joey B .

doesn't sound like things have changed much during the off season.

gonna be a loooooooonnnnnggggg season....

And from Joe B, today:

1) Tyrod Taylor has his sharpest day yet

- Through six workouts that the media has been able to view during the spring offseason sessions, the best day weve seen from starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor was saved for the last day of school, so to speak. Taylor started off slowly with an interception, but after that, he was as sharp as could be. He was hitting his receivers in stride, sensing the pressure of the defense to find the bust in coverage, and firing the ball into his targets. This was a good sign for Taylor, especially considering that the other five workouts weve seen has featured him really playing at an average to below average level and that can be attributed to a number of different things, too. Hes working in a brand new offense, hes working with receivers he hadnt met before a couple of months ago, and a host of other issues, too. Now, he can pocket a great performance on the final day of minicamp and will look to continue that into the start of training camp. For the Bills to be at all competitive this year, theyll need Taylor healthy and to be playing at a similar level to last year at least.

Maybe things have changed, he's just gotta readjust to a new offense, again. :flirt:

A team consist of offense, defense, and special teams. Of those facets if a football team a qb solely plays on offense. Wins and losses are a function of the three phases of a foitball team. Not solely on the qb.

thank you Einstein!

And from Joe B, today:

1) Tyrod Taylor has his sharpest day yet

- Through six workouts that the media has been able to view during the spring offseason sessions, the best day weve seen from starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor was saved for the last day of school, so to speak. Taylor started off slowly with an interception, but after that, he was as sharp as could be. He was hitting his receivers in stride, sensing the pressure of the defense to find the bust in coverage, and firing the ball into his targets. This was a good sign for Taylor, especially considering that the other five workouts weve seen has featured him really playing at an average to below average level and that can be attributed to a number of different things, too. Hes working in a brand new offense, hes working with receivers he hadnt met before a couple of months ago, and a host of other issues, too. Now, he can pocket a great performance on the final day of minicamp and will look to continue that into the start of training camp. For the Bills to be at all competitive this year, theyll need Taylor healthy and to be playing at a similar level to last year at least.

Maybe things have changed, he's just gotta readjust to a new offense, again. :flirt:

... "This was a good sign for Taylor, especially considering that the other five workouts weve seen has featured him really playing at an average to below average level" ...

maybe they told the defense to take it down a notch?

Edited by Foxx