QB comparative data for Tyrod from Cian Fahey to discuss

the thing is, it usually is only a nothing for Tyrod. because he can't throw receivers open, can't see over the O-line and just generally doesn't see 'open' receivers, he turns to his legs. whereas other quarterbacks that can do those things, have far less 'nothing' plays and thus less of a need to turn to their legs to make a play.

So:

(1) Taylor can't "throw receivers open"

(2) Can't see over the line

(3) Can't see open receivers

(4) Can't throw from the pocket

(5) Can't do the basic things apparently all other QBs do

Heck, let's throw in some more :

(6) Can't throw with accuracy

(7) Can't recognize coverages

(8) Can't throw over the middle

(9) Can't process decisions at game speed

Yet for all those crippling faults, here are the numbers (over the whole of his Bill's career) when he plays with a legitimate Number 1 & 2 receiver :

Tyrod's stats in the 15 games where both Watkins and Woods plays : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

We'll anticipate the inevitable objection : "Tom Brady doesn't need receivers".

I wonder if that was true when Brady was a second year starter?

Edited by grb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So:

Yet for all those crippling faults, here are the numbers (over the whole of his Bill's career) when he plays with a legitimate Number 1 & 2 receiver :

Tyrod's stats in the 15 games where both Watkins and Woods plays : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Watkins and Woods combined stats in those 15 games... 101 receptions 1515 yards 11 TDs

So:

This is what happens behind a dominant ground game and a simplified offense...it can make even a RB impersonating a QB seem competent.

This is what happens behind a dominant ground game and a simplified offense...it can make even a RB impersonating a QB seem competent.

he's not a RB impersonating a QB, he is the starting QB for the buffalo bills as much as you can't stand it.

but I understand in that little mind of yours you would make up such a ridiculous comment.

the thing is, it usually is only a nothing for Tyrod. because he can't throw receivers open, can't see over the O-line and just generally doesn't see 'open' receivers, he turns to his legs. whereas other quarterbacks that can do those things, have far less 'nothing' plays and thus less of a need to turn to their legs to make a play.

It truly is amazing how the offense was able to function at all.....:P

Watkins and Woods combined stats in those 15 games... 101 receptions 1515 yards 11 TDs

Why would you restrict yourself to the totals of Watkins & Woods alone in those games? That makes zero sense

Why would you restrict yourself to the totals of Watkins & Woods alone in those games? That makes zero sense

Makes sense to me if someone wants to use the Watkins/Woods #1 and # 2 by way of example that their production be posted along with it. ( IMO )

Everyone just needs to keep in mind the Bills pass attempts per game average is the lowest in the league. ( under 30 )

Edited by Figster

You're making it seem like that's horrible when it's not, especially given the low attempts and, therefore, the higher efficiency on those throws.

Also the fact that both of those guys played multiple games with, at times, near debilitating injuries.

You're making it seem like that's horrible when it's not, especially given the low attempts and, therefore, the higher efficiency on those throws.

Also the fact that both of those guys played multiple games with, at times, near debilitating injuries.

By posting their production? I agree with the rest of your post.

It seems relevant to the discussion in my humble opinion.

(with all due respect)

Edited by Figster

he's not a RB impersonating a QB, he is the starting QB for the buffalo bills as much as you can't stand it.

but I understand in that little mind of yours you would make up such a ridiculous comment.

If you believe that Taylor is a true QB, then I have to wonder why you would ever attempt to insult anyone else's intelligence.

(with all due respect)

Your respect is returned. Still, the overall point is Taylor produced at a pretty respectable level with a decent set of receivers. That doesn't take all the onus off TT. Even if he did have practice squad wide-outs much of last year - people he didn't work with thru training camp - Taylor is still open to the criticism he grew too tentative throwing to them. No stat ever tells 100% of the story. But his overall numbers with NFL-grade receivers makes the laundry list of things he's "incapable of" highly suspect. They make rhetoric like "running back who can throw" look 99.99% absurd. Most NFL quarterbacks wouldn't produce those results regardless of situation. That's why quality starters are so hard to find.

RB impersonating a QB...

Good God...

Crusher at his finest...

or worst...

He is entitled to his opinion sir....:P

Your respect is returned. Still, the overall point is Taylor produced at a pretty respectable level with a decent set of receivers. That doesn't take all the onus off TT. Even if he did have practice squad wide-outs much of last year - people he didn't work with thru training camp - Taylor is still open to the criticism he grew too tentative throwing to them. No stat ever tells 100% of the story. But his overall numbers with NFL-grade receivers makes the laundry list of things he's "incapable of" highly suspect. They make rhetoric like "running back who can throw" look 99.99% absurd. Most NFL quarterbacks wouldn't produce those results regardless of situation. That's why quality starters are so hard to find.

With all due respect I would also point out that if you take 2/3's of the starting qbs in the league and put them in that same situation of not having their primary targets you would (imo) see the exact same issues.

You have your franchise guys that can throw to a water boy and make them look like Lynn Swann......then you have the rest of the world. This is why I have not problem that we continue to look....its just at TT shoudl be compared to the rest of his counterparts that fit in that area (non franchise - starting qbs)

If people would just accept what he actually is and stop blaming him for it/fighting people that say he isnt a franchise guy......I think some common ground could be set.

He isnt a franchise guy

You CAN win with him if you biuld up the team around him

(with all due respect)

Old School is a pretty obvious and clear anTy guy. Based on the poster, sure seems like he thinks those numbers reflect negatively on Taylor. I'll gladly apologize about what I said if Old School comes to explain what he believes he's enlightening us with by revealing those numbers and it's something not negative, though :flirt:

If you believe that Taylor is a true QB, then I have to wonder why you would ever attempt to insult anyone else's intelligence.

Now you're being a douche...

Boo!