QB comparative data for Tyrod from Cian Fahey to discuss

My thing is its a new offensive system from the past......new brings unknown.

Tyrod might thrive in it.....or it might do him in.

Peterman may also thrive in it which could make for a very interesting preseason.

Edited by Figster

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not looking for Tyrod to magically become a franchise qb.......because he is not

but

If you match up a system qb with the right system? You wont really notice the difference because the offensive production will still be great.

This team was 10th in offense this last year with a passing game that was not great.......if passing production increases just a little bit (and defensive production increases a lot)

This team will win

The passing has to be a strength when down in games and/or late in games...otherwise, we will falter down the stretch once again.

I'm not concerned that the system won't be effective...I'm more so concerned with will it be effective in the crucial moments when everyone knows Taylor has to throw.

The passing has to be a strength when down in games and/or late in games...otherwise, we will falter down the stretch once again.

I'm not concerned that the system won't be effective...I'm more so concerned with will it be effective in the crucial moments when everyone knows Taylor has to throw.

There will be less "crucial times" if the D stops getting ran over.......but yes there will be times when the QB is gonna have to make a throw to win a game.

Better targets will help with this......but when your talking about a qb taking the game and putting it on his shoulders to win your talking about a franchise qb.....there are really only so many qbs in the league that can actually do that on a consistant basis......tyrod is not one of them.....he is a qb that needs help.....give him the help

There will be less "crucial times" if the D stops getting ran over.......but yes there will be times when the QB is gonna have to make a throw to win a game.

Better targets will help with this......but when your talking about a qb taking the game and putting it on his shoulders to win your talking about a franchise qb.....there are really only so many qbs in the league that can actually do that on a consistant basis......tyrod is not one of them.....he is a qb that needs help.....give him the help

Taylor can do what only one other QB in the NFL can do in my humble opinion which is run the football as well (If not better) then most RB's while equipped with an accurate, high velocity throwing arm. HC McD is well acquainted with the other QB/Cam

I wouldn't underestimate Tyrod Taylors potential in the right system...

Edited by Figster

Most games come down to the end. The difference alot of the time is a score or less. The defense for all it's faults did give the offense a chance in numerous games, and they couldn't deliver.

Most games come down to the end. The difference alot of the time is a score or less. The defense for all it's faults did give the offense a chance in numerous games, and they couldn't deliver.

Like the second Miami game.

Taylor can do what only one other QB in the NFL can do in my humble opinion which is run the football as well (If not better) then most RB's while equipped with an accurate, high velocity throwing arm. HC McD is well acquainted with the other QB/Cam

I wouldn't underestimate Tyrod Taylors potential in the right system...

This perfect system you are speaking of would have to hide Taylor's major flaws as a passer...we already did that by protecting him with a dominant ground game mixed in with simple plays and easy, low risk throws.

The QB's that have the perfect system in place have the freedom to read the defense and operate in real time while the play is developing...before the snap as well.

Dennison may help him a bit more by rolling out of the pocket and such, but I don't view that as sustainable, and I can envision Taylor taking more of a beating that way, too.

I think we've given Tyrod about as much help as he can expect, and he's been given a system that helps him maximize his abilities already.

Bottom line is I just don't see alot more that can be done to get him playing at a higher level.

Like the second Miami game.

And Taylor had a chance to put it away, but didn't.

This perfect system you are speaking of would have to hide Taylor's major flaws as a passer...we already did that by protecting him with a dominant ground game mixed in with simple plays and easy, low risk throws.

The QB's that have the perfect system in place have the freedom to read the defense and operate in real time while the play is developing...before the snap as well.

Dennison may help him a bit more by rolling out of the pocket and such, but I don't view that as sustainable, and I can envision Taylor taking more of a beating that way, too.

I think we've given Tyrod about as much help as he can expect, and he's been given a system that helps him maximize his abilities already.

Bottom line is I just don't see alot more that can be done to get him playing at a higher level.

This offense was designed to be a run oriented offense. TT was brought in to manage it. Better stick with the facts instead of inventing stories to further your agenda.

And Taylor had a chance to put it away, but didn't.

He did put it away with a minute left. He also got the Bills to the Miami 17 in OT. Is he supposed to play defense and ST too?

This offense was designed to be a run oriented offense. TT was brought in to manage it. Better stick with the facts instead of inventing stories to further your agenda.

He did put it away with a minute left. He also got the Bills to the Miami 17 in OT. Is he supposed to play defense and ST too? Anyone that blames TT for the loss of the second Miami game has a clear cut agenda going on. Dishonest posting.

So coaches don't see great physical ability and believe that they can turn it into more? Do you really think this doesn't happen alot with coaches and players?

The fact is that Dennison has already worked with him and he still has major flaws and weaknesses in his game. It seems very unlikely to me that the new OC will transform this guy into something that we haven't already seen. I think people are hoping on hope that someone will get Taylor to take that next step, and Dennison made the best pitch that he was the guy to do it. It's fair to wonder just what he can do with the guy because he sure didn't get his previous team to see it...they just let this guy walk out the door, so apparently whatever he did with Tyrod in the past wasn't anything that caught anyone's attention.

Dennison is going to install a system that he thinks will play better to Taylor's strengths. He's not going to correct his fundamental flaws and his struggles reading the field and anticipating receivers. He's going to run more gimmicky stuff and get Taylor out of the pocket more. This doesn't sound like an offense that will be sustainable...it is likely to catch some team's off guard at first until they get a handle on it, and then they will adjust...force TT to stay in the pocket, and make throws he's not shown to be able to make. At least this is how I envision it.

What?

Dude... Dennison's most recent statements on the offense sounds like he wants Taylor in the pocket passing the ball making quick decisions...

You're never going to like Taylor mainly because you don't like the type of QB he is. When you talk about "next step" it sure seems like you're talking about Taylor becoming a completely different QB rather than just a more consistent version of the very good QB he's flashed as at times.

By all means correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you're alone in that sentiment, either.

Taylor is what he is in most ways, and that honestly might be a ceiling of the Seattle and 2nd Miami games this year. He just needs to be that version of himself more than twice a year and we need less (ideally none) of the Ravens or Bengals performances from this year.

What?

Dude... Dennison's most recent statements on the offense sounds like he wants Taylor in the pocket passing the ball making quick decisions...

You're never going to like Taylor mainly because you don't like the type of QB he is. When you talk about "next step" it sure seems like you're talking about Taylor becoming a completely different QB rather than just a more consistent version of the very good QB he's flashed as at times.

By all means correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you're alone in that sentiment, either.

Taylor is what he is in most ways, and that honestly might be a ceiling of the Seattle and 2nd Miami games this year. He just needs to be that version of himself more than twice a year and we need less (ideally none) of the Ravens or Bengals performances from this year.

Dennison's statements aside, I think it's likely that we see a lot of designed roll outs and half field side line reads for TT. And sooner or later, defenses will start taking that away.

I think we may see a hot start then a sputter.

Which games are we talking about here?

Please dont pick games where we are actually scoring points and the defense is letting them score right back during the game? This was supposed to be a DEFENSIVE DOMINANT team.......they did not live up to their identity?

It wasnt biult to score score a ton (even though it did)

What?

Tyrod will never be the "type" of qb that some want (and they are entitled to their opinion)

For my own part I care about production and not so much how we got there......Tyrod does need to come up with some more 4th quarter production in games where the defense keeps us in it (which I am hoping is more often)

Huh? TT was downright bad for a lot of 2016. He went from being a rising star after 2015 to a mediocre starter.

are we talking about the offense now or Tyrod Taylor?

Which games are we talking about here?

Please dont pick games where we are actually scoring points and the defense is letting them score right back during the game? This was supposed to be a DEFENSIVE DOMINANT team.......they did not live up to their identity?

It wasnt biult to score score a ton (even though it did)

Not sure what you're talking about with regards to the offense. The offense is and was absolutely built to score lots of points, sans QB. Two top 10 OL rounded out with serviceable starters, a top 3 RB, the best backup RB in the NFL, top 5-10 talent at WR with a solid number #2 and #3.

What part of that offense isn't supposed to score?

Tyrod will never be the "type" of qb that some want (and they are entitled to their opinion)

For my own part I care about production and not so much how we got there......Tyrod does need to come up with some more 4th quarter production in games where the defense keeps us in it (which I am hoping is more often)

are we talking about the offense now or Tyrod Taylor?

We're talking about TT's level of play in the offense.

The offense got better because McCoy played better. Not because TT played worse.

Edited by jmc12290