Official First Round Hopes and Expectation:

i wanted mahomes. now i have to really hope he sucks, or i will be a special kind of miserable.

I'm not a talent evaluator and from what I've seen over too many years the draft is a complete crap shoot. But as I've agreed with in other threads the Bills haven't devoted enough draft picks to QB over the years.

So I hope you're wrong and Mahomes (plus Trubisky and now Watson) all end up sucking!

One question I have is whether this means that the team has more faith in Cardale than the three picked so far.

I'm not a talent evaluator and from what I've seen over too many years the draft is a complete crap shoot. But as I've agreed with in other threads the Bills haven't devoted enough draft picks to QB over the years.

So I hope you're wrong and Mahomes (plus Trubisky and now Watson) all end up sucking!

One question I have is whether this means that the team has more faith in Cardale than the three picked so far.

i think they are going to evaluate everything this year and if need be, pull out all the stops for a qb next year. i guess i am fine with that. maybe tyrod, cardale, and a flyer on kelly or some other late round qb this year?

i think they are going to evaluate everything this year and if need be, pull out all the stops for a qb next year. i guess i am fine with that. maybe tyrod, cardale, and a flyer on kelly or some other late round qb this year?

Makes sense, and that plays into your stock up comment

Bullet dodged for a slightly smaller bullet.

Just because you have picks next year does not guarantee you anything if you try to trade up. I don't see Cleveland with Trubisky or a QB yet and don't forget the rest of the teams looking...Gonna have to give up a lot, when you could have stayed pat took the kid and kept those draft picks...I hope he sucks

Hopes:

2) If no qb, trade down if we can get AT LEAST another 2nd round pick. A 3rd and a 2018 first would be great. If we go back to 20 or lower, I want Cam Robinson. A solid RT would help Tyrod AND the run game. We are presently weak at RT and teams can and will exploit this.

Considering this is what we got, does it lessen the blow that we took a CB, especially with the possibility of Cam Robinson being there for us in the second?

To me, if we were going to take a corner in the first, this is exactly how I wanted it done. Filling a need with a strong, pro-ready prospect and adding two good picks. Not flashy, but sound.

Just because you have picks next year does not guarantee you anything if you try to trade up. I don't see Cleveland with Trubisky or a QB yet and don't forget the rest of the teams looking...Gonna have to give up a lot, when you could have stayed pat took the kid and kept those draft picks...I hope he sucks

I liked the trade back, but people who say this gives us ammo to trade up for Darnold, etc. next year are delusional. If there is a bona fide franchise guy or guys available, the team holding the top picks either won't trade them for any price or the cost to move up will be far, far more than an extra late first round pick. Our best hope at a top QB next year would be a KC or Buffalo implosion, neither of which is likely. KC looks to have a strong team coming back, but they are in a very tough division and if Alex Smith gets injured or butt-hurt about the Mahomes pick, they will be starting a rookie QB. I will be rooting against the Chiefs every week and I've never liked them anyway.

Let's face it: If Mahomes or Watson become a true franchise QB (and TT doesn't improve), this will be looked upon as a terrible trade for the Bills. One thing that makes me think the Bills did the right thing is that a number of teams that have greater QB need than the Bills (Jets, Niners, Jags and Browns) also passed on Watson and Mahomes, so it's not like these guys are sure-fire prospects.