I'll leave this list here for the non-QB in the 1st people

I don't think Whaley is in charge anymore. He is assisting McDermott and then will be shown the door after the draft.

The McDermott in charge thing I agree with and perhaps Whaley will be shown the door. But, if he is/was that much against Tyrod, I really doubt his opinion would have been completely dismissed and they would just go sign Tyrod anyway.

Edited by PolishDave

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The McDermott in charge thing I agree with and perhaps Whaley will be shown the door. But, if he is/was that much against Tyrod, I really doubt his opinion would have been completely dismissed and they would just go sign Tyrod anyway.

Coaches and GM's think differently. GM's see a few years ahead and coaches are thinking of that season. That's why I am really against making Sean the GM too. Coaches don't want to draft or develop rookie QB's. They cling to even bad veterans as a security blanket.

If McDermott ties himself to Tyrod for 2 years I think he will be gone and we start over in 2019.

Coaches and GM's think differently. GM's see a few years ahead and coaches are thinking of that season. That's why I am really against making Sean the GM too. Coaches don't want to draft or develop rookie QB's. They cling to even bad veterans as a security blanket.

If McDermott ties himself to Tyrod for 2 years I think he will be gone and we start over in 2019.

Maybe. It is possible.

If it does happen, I don't think it will be because they kept Tyrod on the team for 2 years. If Tyrod stinks it up this year they will just draft a QB next year in the first round (which they might do anyway even if he doesn't stink it up). And then McDermott will likely be given a couple years at least with a new QB.

I think Rex would have been given another year if he hadn't have punted in overtime in the Miami game. I think that was a death blow to his Bills career because it proved without question that he really didn't care if the Bills made the playoffs or not. That is why (in my opinion) Pegula rushed to can him thereafter. It was unforgivable like your best friend banging your wife kind of unforgivable.

$15.5 million fully guaranteed at signing. Not somebody about to be cut. Sorry. Waaaaay to much money for a guy you want to get off your roster ASAP.

They moved the funds around in order to free up cap space, but also so that they could cut ties with Taylor without ramifications. I mean the guy did take a 10 million dollar pay cut.

Furthermore, if Taylor didn't take the restructured deal, they would have cut him.

Maybe. It is possible.

If it does happen, I don't think it will be because they kept Tyrod on the team for 2 years. If Tyrod stinks it up this year they will just draft a QB next year in the first round (which they might do anyway even if he doesn't stink it up). And then McDermott will likely be given a couple years at least with a new QB.

I think Rex would have been given another year if he hadn't have punted in overtime in the Miami game. I think that was a death blow to his Bills career because it proved without question that he really didn't care if the Bills made the playoffs or not. That is why (in my opinion) Pegula rushed to can him thereafter. It was unforgivable like your best friend banging your wife kind of unforgivable.

I think you can make the playoffs with Tyrod. But you need everything to align and go your way. It just leaves so little margin for error when your QB struggles throwing the ball when the other team KNOWS you have to throw.

We'll see soon enough what Sean is planning.

They moved the funds around in order to free up cap space, but also so that they could cut ties with Taylor without ramifications. I mean the guy did take a 10 million dollar pay cut.

Furthermore, if Taylor didn't take the restructured deal, they would have cut him.

Don't care about the pay cut. Could have been $100 million pay cut.

You still don't hand a guy $15.5 million on day one because you think he sucks and intend to move on pronto. You do it because you think he is worth that or more and you are getting a good value for your money.

Rumors shmoomors. Pay attention to the money. That will tell you what they are really thinking. Just like Mike G. If the Bills thought he was worth the money and a good value for that $$ they certainly would have paid him.

Edited by PolishDave

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we should draft a QB every year (I don't care which round either)

Pretty much.

Some perspective:

Since they passed on Drew Brees in round one 18 drafts ago tomorrow......they have missed the playoffs every year and all they have left to show for nearly 2 decades of typically high first round picks are:

Marcel Dareus

Sammy Watkins

Shaq Lawson

That's all.

(And those guys are so franchise-altering that the team played probably their best football and won games last year with ALL THREE of them on the sidelines at the same time. :lol:)

Pretty much.

Some perspective:

Since they passed on Drew Brees in round one 18 drafts ago tomorrow......they have missed the playoffs every year and all they have left to show for nearly 2 decades of typically high first round picks are:

Marcel Dareus

Sammy Watkins

Shaq Lawson

That's all.

(And those guys are so franchise-altering that the team played probably their best football and won games last year with ALL THREE of them on the sidelines at the same time. :lol:)

I hate you :bag::death: