I'll leave this list here for the non-QB in the 1st people

I will be happy with who the Bills pick no matter what.

Can anyone else go with that.

I'm pretty much where you're at. Whoever they take is going to be someone they are really confident about in round 1 anyway. Probably rounds 2 and 3 also. Unless they make an absolutely ridiculous move - which I don't expect.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a lot of great posts; this one may be one of your best!

JohnC usually has thorough and well thought out posts. Even if we don't always agree he brings a lot of thought provoking content. We have a lot of great posters. This is the best place for Bills content and discussion IMO.

As a bit of an aside, I was listening to Schopp and the Bulldog Monday. I was out on the road for a while so I had it on through the app. They had an insider on and were asking him about receivers. The guy mentioned that he like Carlos Henderson and Schopp went off on how he never heard of him. He is arguably the most prominent voice (because of his platform) regarding the Bills and he just doesn't know. He forms these really loud opinions but really doesn't have a sense of the landscape. I would much rather have Blokes tell me I don't know what I am talking about because he knows the league. There are 100+ members of this board that know the Bills better than Schopp without the forum. He should make the effort to be an expert (or at least as knowledgeable as his audience). I'm sorry to get on the soapbox but it bothered me.

You have a lot of great posts; this one may be one of your best!

I'm very sure that I'm going to come away from this upcoming draft very disappointed. This is a franchise that has miserably failed for a full generation in a system designed for parity. So what is the strategy to change the course of this bedraggled franchise? Do the same thing that always has been done. I say this with sadness and enormous confidence: There is a number of good qb prospects in this draft who we will bypass to the benefit of other teams. It makes no freaking sense!

I'm very sure that I'm going to come away from this upcoming draft very disappointed. This is a franchise that has miserably failed for a full generation in a system designed for parity. So what is the strategy to change the course of this bedraggled franchise? Do the same thing that always has been done. I say this with sadness and enormous confidence: There is a number of good qb prospects in this draft who we will bypass to the benefit of other teams. It makes no freaking sense!

My hope is that Trubisky, Mahomes, or Watson start and go Dak on people. Then people can start to question why Terry made Sean not only the coach but the GM.

JohnC usually has thorough and well thought out posts. Even if we don't always agree he brings a lot of thought provoking content. We have a lot of great posters. This is the best place for Bills content and discussion IMO.

As a bit of an aside, I was listening to Schopp and the Bulldog Monday. I was out on the road for a while so I had it on through the app. They had an insider on and were asking him about receivers. The guy mentioned that he like Carlos Henderson and Schopp went off on how he never heard of him. He is arguably the most prominent voice (because of his platform) regarding the Bills and he just doesn't know. He forms these really loud opinions but really doesn't have a sense of the landscape. I would much rather have Blokes tell me I don't know what I am talking about because he knows the league. There are 100+ members of this board that know the Bills better than Schopp without the forum. He should make the effort to be an expert (or at least as knowledgeable as his audience). I'm sorry to get on the soapbox but it bothered me.

I'm not a Mike Schopp fan. Never have been. He's a smart guy but also a dilettante. I consider him a faker who really isn't interested in many of the sports he covers. But what I will say in his and WGR's defense is that it has to be depressing and spirit killing to cover these pro franchises that have been not only generational failures but even worse un-entertaining. How depressing must it be to cover these pathetic pro teams over such an extended period of time?

You don't have to be intimately knowledgeable about the particular sports to recognize that the franchises are second-rate organizations run by mediocre people. Following sports is a diversion and supposed to be fun. The cycle of sports is supposed to be down and up and down and up. But following Buffalo teams is an exercise in futility that yearly gets repeated. That's where the frustration mounts. It's the same garbage over and over without much of an up cycle.

My hope is that Trubisky, Mahomes, or Watson start and go Dak on people. Then people can start to question why Terry made Sean not only the coach but the GM.

The owner giving the wrestler football HC the authority to be in essence the GM is an absurdity. The problem with the owner is that he becomes too captivated with how a candidate interviews instead of doing more due diligence outside of the interview room.

The shame of this situation is that I firmly believe that Whaley was totally invested in drafting a qb in the first round. When the new coaching regime came in he was undercut. In my view Whaley has made many mistakes but on the TT issue his judgment was on the mark. Being adequate is simply not good enough.

I'm not a Mike Schopp fan. Never have been. He's a smart guy but also a dilettante. I consider him a faker who really isn't interested in many of the sports he covers. But what I will say in his and WGR's defense is that it has to be depressing and spirit killing to cover these pro franchises that have been not only generational failures but even worse un-entertaining. How depressing must it be to cover these pathetic pro teams over such an extended period of time?

You don't have to be intimately knowledgeable about the particular sports to recognize that the franchises are second-rate organizations run by mediocre people. Following sports is a diversion and supposed to be fun. The cycle of sports is supposed to be down and up and down and up. But following Buffalo teams is an exercise in futility that yearly gets repeated. That's where the frustration mounts. It's the same garbage over and over without much of an up cycle.

The owner giving the wrestler football HC the authority to be in essence the GM is an absurdity. The problem with the owner is that he becomes too captivated with how a candidate interviews instead of doing more due diligence outside of the interview room.

The shame of this situation is that I firmly believe that Whaley was totally invested in drafting a qb in the first round. When the new coaching regime came in he was undercut. In my view Whaley has made many mistakes but on the TT issue his judgment was on the mark. Being adequate is simply not good enough.

The rumor was it would have been Mahomes. How ironic. Bills mediocre GM about to hit grand slam home run and gets the plug pulled just before he can make the pick.

Don't forget the second part: You are hoping Tyrod plays poorly.

What gave you that idea?

LOL.....god I hope its anybody but Mahommes just to see your fricken tears

Be nice.

The rumor was it would have been Mahomes. How ironic. Bills mediocre GM about to hit grand slam home run and gets the plug pulled just before he can make the pick.

Where did you first hear this rumor?

Leroi was kind of hinting that Whaley liked Mahomes. Will have to go back and look but that is my recollection. It was in shout area.

News to me. But I am often left in the dark....like a mushroom...and people feed me ****.

What gave you that idea?

It was no secret that Whaley wanted nothing to do with TT. He not only wanted to replace him last year as a starter, even before the last game where he was forced out but prior to it. Understandably, Ryan was against that extended benching. The loquacious HC was adamant that he didn't want him benched in the last game.

Whaley was not going to accept the option on TT. But the owner determined that the new coaching staff should review the tape and have the say on whether to retain TT or not. McDermott and the offensive staff wanted to keep him because they felt it was their best option.

Can I conclusively prove that Whaley was going to select a qb with a high round? No. But how Whaley reacted toward TT clearly indicates to me that he was going to go in another direction.

It was no secret that Whaley wanted nothing to do with TT. He not only wanted to replace him last year as a starter, even before the last game where he was forced out but prior to it. Understandably, Ryan was against that extended benching. The loquacious HC was adamant that he didn't want him benched in the last game.

Whaley was not going to accept the option on TT. But the owner determined that the new coaching staff should review the tape and have the say on whether to retain TT or not. McDermott and the offensive staff wanted to keep him because they felt it was their best option.

Can I conclusively prove that Whaley was going to select a qb with a high round? No. But how Whaley reacted toward TT clearly indicates to me that he was going to go in another direction.

Plus Whaley is a natural gambler. It didn't always work out but you can see how a Mahomes could get Whaley going.

I call B.S.

After the last game of the season, when Whaley was interviewed publicly, he stated for a fact that "if" they felt the last Jet's game mattered, Tyrod would have started.

And Whaley was not in a position where he had a reason to lie there. There was no reason for him to lie about it.

He's not that stupid. Even he knows that without a doubt, Tyrod was the best QB on that team.

I call B.S.

After the last game of the season, when Whaley was interviewed publicly, he stated for a fact that "if" they felt the last Jet's game mattered, Tyrod would have started.

And Whaley was not in a position where he had a reason to lie there. There was no reason for him to lie about it.

He's not that stupid. Even he knows that without a doubt, Tyrod was the best QB on that team.

The reports coming out were that Whaley had moved on from keeping Tyrod and it was McD that decided to bring him back.

lol.

Whaley reacted by signing Tyrod to a new contract. Doesn't look like a guy who is ready to move on just yet - not paying that kind of salary.

lol.

Whaley reacted by signing Tyrod to a new contract. Doesn't look like a guy who is ready to move on just yet - not paying that kind of salary.

I don't think Whaley is in charge anymore. He is assisting McDermott and then will be shown the door after the draft.

lol.

TT took a cut and the duration of his contract was sliced.