3 2nd round draft picks vs staying with our 1st & 2nd?

I have been thinking about multiple trade downs. It could reasonably be possible to end up with 3 2nd round picks in this year's draft by trading out of the first round completely with 2 trade downs.

With such a deep draft at our positions of need, there could be 3 quality starters at our positions of need available in the 2nd.

Would you be satisfied getting 3 quality starters in the first two rounds, or would you prefer to take your chances on standing pat and getting 2 starters in the first two rounds?

Or do you think there will be a 1st round player that will be a guaranteed superstar who will put the Bills in the Superbowl?

My dream scenario for tomorrow is trading down with a team in the bottom of round 1 or top of round 2. Pick up an additional 2nd rounder in '17 and a future 2nd rounder in '18. I'd like to come away from this draft with some additional ammo for next years draft.

I have my eye on Josh Rosen. Hes going to be a high pick so pocking up sdditional ammo for '18 could make the difference.

1. you got to have a partner

2. you have got to value for your pick.

If the Bills are offered #15 and a 2nd for the #10 you say yes in .10 seconds

However, What if you are offered the #12 pick and a 5th for the #10. Is that worth moving down?

And teams value draft picks. They want to sign as many cheap players as possible. I'm not trading a 2nd to move up 5 spots. I might deal a 3rd if I had an extra one.

Finding a partner is all about finding a team that desperately wants this guy. For the Bills we need one of those key positions to be passed on. If the DL start going and one good one is left at #10 someone is gonna wanna move up. If the QB are falling then someone may want to move up. If the draft unfolds as predicted, we might be a bad spot to move.

You could trade down repeatedly and then move up to spots 1 and 2. It can be done.

No, it can't.

You can trade down multiple times this year, tank next year to get pick #1 and have the ammo to get pick #2 (like the Browns this year). Your hairbrained idea to trade #10 down multiple times ending up with picks #1 & #2 on Thursday is utterly ridiculous.

I'm hoping for Adams / Hooker / Thomas at #10 but fully expect it won't happen. Absent that, I'm hopefully we move down a couple of times (first to ~15, then to ~20) pick up an extra 2 or some extra 3s and take one of Mahomes / Ross / Davis / Williams / Foster at 20 (or even Bolles or Ramzcyk if those other guys are gone).

Edited by Chuck Wagon

No, it can't.

You can trade down multiple times this year, tank next year to get pick #1 and have the ammo to get pick #2 (like the Browns this year). Your hairbrained idea to trade #10 down multiple times ending up with picks #1 & #2 on Thursday is utterly ridiculous.

I'm hoping for Adams / Hooker / Thomas at #10 but fully expect it won't happen. Absent that, I'm hopefully we move down a couple of times (first to ~15, then to ~20) pick up an extra 2 or some extra 3s and take one of Mahomes / Ross / Davis / Williams / Foster at 20 (or even Bolles or Ramzcyk if those other guys are gone).

That hurt

If you trade back once, you can realistically still have a 1st and 2 2nd's. (Think EJ-Woods-Kiko year) If you do it twice, you can still have a late 1st and have 3 2nd's. Not sure why you only have 3 2nd's unless you are not counting the Bills current 2nd?