TG on Whaley & McD sounds to be in charge update

It was so "on course" that Pegula fired the HC before the end of the season without giving Whaley the heads up?

Right.....

You should acquaint yourself with Whaley's account of the Rex hiring immediately after he was hired.

Saw it. That's called backing your boss. You were asleep during that time?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was so "on course" that Pegula fired the HC before the end of the season without giving Whaley the heads up?

Right.....

You should acquaint yourself with Whaley's account of the Rex hiring immediately after he was hired.

Well, I guess I'm in the minority, eh? Look, except for the few usual suspects who think everything the Bills do is a dumpster fire, MOST of us here at TBD were cautiously optimistic with both the DM and Rex hires. Sure they did not work out, but DW's drafting and FA he's done a pretty decent job, IMO. He can't coach the team, he just builds it.

Tim-

Well, I guess I'm in the minority, eh? Look, except for the few usual suspects who think everything the Bills do is a dumpster fire, MOST of us here at TBD were cautiously optimistic with both the DM and Rex hires. Sure they did not work out, but DW's drafting and FA he's done a pretty decent job, IMO. He can't coach the team, he just builds it.

Tim-

Whaley is a bad drafter.

So what if Whaley is fired after the draft as people who write professionally on the team are reporting? They are just making up stuff?

No...it means that the owner has changed his mind on his team's GM. This really isn't the big mystery you're making it out to be...all of the information is laid out, very clearly, for us to follow.

Perfect. Thanks for finding that.

No problem.

No, Whaley wanted Hue Jackson. It's well known that Rex was favored by Russ Brandon.

No, the Pegulas wanted Rex...Russ was just a "yes man".

I have no idea why any fan would want Whaley to continue as GM.

You may not like him and he really ticks me off with this QB purgatory but they can't fire a GM and expect a new GM to want to keep this new staff that was hired by the last GM unless your planing on hiring a GM that will be a yes man to a rookie HC. In my opinion the best thing the Pegs can do is keep Whaley and McD together and if these two seasons fail fire them both and find a very good GM to build this team. In my opinion the biggest problem with Whaley is he drafts who the HCs want more then what this team really needs.

Dont mean to get off subject but the biggest thing that gets me about Whaley is his avoiding draft better QB prospects. Whaley called out the purgatory but yet avoids addressing it because his head coaches keep wanting to use these lower talent QBs expecting to win with them just to fail with them. Head coaches don't want to wait for a QB and this is why the Bills can't get better and can't find a franchise worthy QB it's because they just keep waiting for a mircle and miracles don't happen so playoffs will also be something that never happens. Until this team has a urgency to draft a franchise worthy QB this team will continue to always be searching for one and I see zero chance Whaley and McD to last using Tyrod. In my opinion the first thing a new GM will do when they clean house in 2019 will be draft a QB early.

Build around a franchise worthy QB not another teams backup QB. Tyrod is not good enough and when McD finds that out it will be too late to keep his job.this staff has a chance at the future but if it's the Tyrod show to build around it's just a Chan man style side show of a Fitztragic fail.

Edited by xRUSHx

No...it means that the owner has changed his mind on his team's GM. This really isn't the big mystery you're making it out to be...all of the information is laid out, very clearly, for us to follow.

No problem.

No, the Pegulas wanted Rex...Russ was just a "yes man".

The Ryan hire was influenced by Brandon.

The Ryan hire was influenced by Brandon.

No, it wasn't...I know this is popular because Russ was quoted as saying "don't let him leave the room", but by all accounts it was a Pegula hire.

I've been over it ad nauseum on this board. The Pegulas had their crack at Rex. Whaley had his crack at Rex. Terry's quote was "once we knew he was our guy, Russ said 'don't let him leave the room'".

Very clear: Russ told the owner to move fast if this was their guy...he's a yes man.

No, it wasn't...I know this is popular because Russ was quoted as saying "don't let him leave the room", but by all accounts it was a Pegula hire.

I've been over it ad nauseum on this board. The Pegulas had their crack at Rex. Whaley had his crack at Rex. Terry's quote was "once we knew he was our guy, Russ said 'don't let him leave the room'".

Very clear: Russ told the owner to move fast if this was their guy...he's a yes man.

IMO, this organization will never see the light of being relevant again until all of Ralph Wilson's people are gone from management.

IMO, this organization will never see the light of being relevant again until all of Ralph Wilson's people are gone from management.

Sadly I agree but they made their bed with hiring a HC with keeping Ralph's people. If they are going to clean house in my opinion it starts with a complete clean house and that starts with hiring a very good GM not a GM to be a yes man for a rookie HC. I agree a clean house is needed but they need to do it right and in my opinion the best way to do it is in 2019 so potential GMs can see Whaley and McD got a fair shake at trying to win. To fire Whaley now and then hiring a GM as a lame duck to a rookie HC is a recipe for disaster in my opinion and will just end with the same type of fail. Edited by xRUSHx

Explain the correlation of Wilson's people to the on-field product since his passing...

Really? Doug Whaley is from Wilson's ownership. So is Overdorf. So is Brandon.

Sadly I agree but they made their bed with hiring a HC with keeping Ralph's people. If they are going to clean house in my opinion it starts with a complete clean house and that starts with hiring a very good GM not a GM to be a yes man for a rookie HC. I agree a clean house is needed but they need to do it right and in my opinion the best way to do it is in 2019 so potential GMs can see Whaley and McD got a fair shake at trying to win.

McDermott could be the answer. We'll see. The Pegulas may have got it right. i don't think Whaley lasts because of the friction he has with any HC.

Brandon and Overdorf have nothing to do with the on-field product, so what you're really saying is that you don't think the team will be competitive until Whaley is gone, which is a far different statement than saying that all of Ralph's management people need to go.

McDermott could be the answer. We'll see. The Pegulas may have got it right. i don't think Whaley lasts because of the friction he has with any HC.

This makes sense to you as long as you disregard the fact that Whaley hire McDermott.

McD could be something but you don't give that much power to a rookie HC, good run teams don't do that. If Whaley gets fired this staff also needs to be fired, the next GM needs to pick his own staff. Edited by xRUSHx

You may not like him and he really ticks me off with this QB purgatory but they can't fire a GM and expect a new GM to want to keep this new staff that was hired by the last GM unless your planing on hiring a GM that will be a yes man to a rookie HC. In my opinion the best thing the Pegs can do is keep Whaley and McD together and if these two seasons fail fire them both and find a very good GM to build this team. In my opinion the biggest problem with Whaley is he drafts who the HCs want more then what this team really needs. Whaley called out the purgatory but yet avoids addressing it because his head coaches keep wanting to use these lower talent QBs expecting to win with them just to fail with them. Head coaches don't want to wait for a QB and this is why the Bills can't get better and can't find a franchise worthy QB it's because they just keep waiting for a mircle and miracles don't happen so playoffs will also be something that never happens. Until this team has a urgency to draft a franchise worthy QB this team will continue to always be searching for one and I see zero chance Whaley and McD to last using Tyrod. In my opinion the first thing a new GM will do when they clean house in 2019 will be draft a QB early.

Build around a franchise worthy QB not another teams backup QB. Tyrod is not good enough and when McD finds that out it will be too late to keep his job.

the crusading continues...same **** posted, over and over.

McD is not going to lose his job, he'll be here for a good 3-5 years...IMO

You may not like him and he really ticks me off with this QB purgatory but they can't fire a GM and expect a new GM to want to keep this new staff that was hired by the last GM unless your planing on hiring a GM that will be a yes man to a rookie HC. In my opinion the best thing the Pegs can do is keep Whaley and McD together and if these two seasons fail fire them both and find a very good GM to build this team. In my opinion the biggest problem with Whaley is he drafts who the HCs want more then what this team really needs. Whaley called out the purgatory but yet avoids addressing it because his head coaches keep wanting to use these lower talent QBs expecting to win with them just to fail with them. Head coaches don't want to wait for a QB and this is why the Bills can't get better and can't find a franchise worthy QB it's because they just keep waiting for a mircle and miracles don't happen so playoffs will also be something that never happens. Until this team has a urgency to draft a franchise worthy QB this team will continue to always be searching for one and I see zero chance Whaley and McD to last using Tyrod. In my opinion the first thing a new GM will do when they clean house in 2019 will be draft a QB early.

Build around a franchise worthy QB not another teams backup QB. Tyrod is not good enough and when McD finds that out it will be too late to keep his job.

Ok, we've all read you saying this 1000 times now. We get it.

Just FYI, here is the code of conduct on this board, written by the owner, for new BBMB members. I'd suggest reading this. Here's a short excerpt -

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/192340-bbmb-brief-orientation/?do=findComment&comment=4263778

"The issue we probably have the most trouble with is "crusading". The bottom line here is that there isn't a single poster on this board that has the power to make any change with the team. And because of that, there is no reason to try and make every single person agree with you by bludgeoning everyone with the same opinion endlessly. Make your point once. Make it twice. Make it when appropriate. Just don't make the same point in every thread, every day, day after day. It just pisses people off."

Funny how it really pisses you off because I'm not on the same loveseat you are of backup QBs. Your love for Fitz pushing failed the exact same way Tyrod will. I want a QB drafted and for all these seasons of fail I would hope one season I can avoid talking about it. Draft better prospect at QB so I can enjoy my off season for once and not talk about the dam QB in the QB driven league.

This thread is about the possible firing of Whaley and the scouts.

What are you doing?