Buffalo Bud's 4/20 Mock Draft

BuffaloBud420

That mock totally depends upon how good QB Webb turns out to be. I'm not overly impressed by him.

he not likely to overtake Taylor. There's no sense in drafting a QB unless he can eventually supplant Taylor.

I don't like the Clemson LB either. He's too small and too slow for the NFL. He might be okay as a 3-4 ILB. The Bills will be looking for speed, speed, speed at LB for this new 4-3 scheme.

I too expect the Bills to look to trade down at least once in R1, if not twice. If they're not enamored with any of the top four QBs then there is no reason for them to stay at #10 overall. That's because they could trade down to as low as #17, pick up probably two more picks, and still get a very good player at #17.

They have certain needs that MUST be filled in order for the team to be competitive in 2017. Most of those needs are on defense. In my estimation they need two CBs, a S, at least one LB (depending upon where Alexander plays). They could really use an impact player on the D-line as well.

On offense, they can probably get by with what they have at QB (Taylor/Yates/Jones), but will likely take a late round flyer on someone like Dobbs or even Kelly. I think the O-line is fine with the likes of Glenn/Incognito/Wood/Miller/Kouandjio/Mills/Ducasse/Groy/Henderson. I'd like to see an impact player at TE and WR. Clay needs someone to push him at TE. Watkins can't be trusted to stay healthy for very long. If he could, then there wouldn't be such a great need at WR.

Holmes, C. Brown, Butler, Powell, Tate are all capable players. Listenbee could be a nice surprise.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That mock totally depends upon how good QB Webb turns out to be. I'm not overly impressed by him.

he not likely to overtake Taylor. There's no sense in drafting a QB unless he can eventually supplant Taylor.

I don't like the Clemson LB either. He's too small and too slow for the NFL. He might be okay as a 3-4 ILB. The Bills will be looking for speed, speed, speed at LB for this new 4-3 scheme.

I too expect the Bills to look to trade down at least once in R1, if not twice. If they're not enamored with any of the top four QBs then there is no reason for them to stay at #10 overall. That's because they could trade down to as low as #17, pick up probably two more picks, and still get a very good player at #17.

They have certain needs that MUST be filled in order for the team to be competitive in 2017. Most of those needs are on defense. In my estimation they need two CBs, a S, at least one LB (depending upon where Alexander plays). They could really use an impact player on the D-line as well.

On offense, they can probably get by with what they have at QB (Taylor/Yates/Jones), but will likely take a late round flyer on someone like Dobbs or even Kelly. I think the O-line is fine with the likes of Glenn/Incognito/Wood/Miller/Kouandjio/Mills/Ducasse/Groy/Henderson. I'd like to see an impact player at TE and WR. Clay needs someone to push him at TE. Watkins can't be trusted to stay healthy for very long. If he could, then there wouldn't be such a great need at WR.

Holmes, C. Brown, Butler, Powell, Tate are all capable players. Listenbee could be a nice surprise.

Yates is just a camp body imo, if Cardale does well he will be cut. Webb could be another option for the future, if Taylor doesn't step up this year.

Like I said, the OP's mock draft success is mostly dependent upon how good Webb turns out to be.

I say that he won't turn out to be more productive than Taylor, and thus, would not overtake him.

If you're going to draft a QB then select one of the top four and hope that one of them turns into a franchise QB.

If not, then resign yourself to the fact that Taylor is your guy (at least for this year) and then take a flyer on a guy late in the draft (i.e. someone like Dobbs or Kelly). Both Dobbs and Kelly could end being just as good as Webb, if not better.

yeah we are obsessed with this name. Does not get good separation and we don`t have a Qb. that likes to throw into tight windows.

Exactly. He's the player I want least. Scary to say, even with the injury history, I'd rather have John Ross. If we go wr at 10, I hope it's Davis, but would rather go Howard at TE if he's there. I must say I'm pretty happy Leroi didn't mention Williams in the Bills top 5

I release my mock every year on 4/20. Here it is...

1. WR Mike Williams 6'4 218 Clemson

2. CB Quincy Wilson 6'1 211 Florida

3. QB Davis Webb 6'5 229 Cal

5. T Roderick Johnson 6'7 298 Florida St.

5. LB Ben Boulware 6'0 236 Clemson

5. S RayShawn Jenkins 6'1 220 Miami

6. RB Stanley "Boom" Williams 5'7 190 UK

It's a deep corner class, can get a good one in 2nd (I went with Wilson). There is a drop off at WR after Williams and Davis, they can be franchise WRs (I went with Williams).

I like Webbs attributes. Until Taylor proves himself, the more options the better.

I like Ramcyzk in the 2nd, and go with CB in the 5th. Looks good with everything else.

Edited by r.harvey

I release my mock every year on 4/20. Here it is...

1. WR Mike Williams 6'4 218 Clemson

2. CB Quincy Wilson 6'1 211 Florida

3. QB Davis Webb 6'5 229 Cal

5. T Roderick Johnson 6'7 298 Florida St.

5. LB Ben Boulware 6'0 236 Clemson

5. S RayShawn Jenkins 6'1 220 Miami

6. RB Stanley "Boom" Williams 5'7 190 UK

It's a deep corner class, can get a good one in 2nd (I went with Wilson). There is a drop off at WR after Williams and Davis, they can be franchise WRs (I went with Williams).

I like Webbs attributes. Until Taylor proves himself, the more options the better.

Is 4/20 a measure of foresight? :flirt:

I like the RayShawn Jenkins pick though.......it's appropriate that a hybrid LB/S would have two names......Ray(Lewis) for when he's a LB and Shawn(Sean Taylor) for when he's a safety? Go 'Canes! :thumbsup:

It's an interesting draft, in that it addresses most all of the needs of the team. The issue is that it doesn't address them correctly. Williams may end up being a fantastic receiver, but there will be better talent To suit our needs there at 10. The rest of the draft is all 3rd and 4th tier players at their position at best. Appreciate the effort though

Edited by MiltonWaddams

It's an interesting draft, in that it addresses most all of the needs of the team. The issue is that it doesn't address them correctly. Williams may end up being a fantastic receiver, but there will be better talent To suit our needs there at 10. The rest of the draft is all 3rd and 4th tier players at their position at best. Appreciate the effort though

There was a scout on WGR that said, you could get a starting CB in the 6th. Very deep class there. I liked LB Foster until his drug test.

Williams and Davis should be studs. Guys like Zay Jones and JuJu Schuster are just like a Robert Woods type. Why not try to have 2 stud WRs?

Edited by BuffaloBud420

There was a scout on WGR that said, you could get a starting CB in the 6th. Very deep class there. I liked LB Foster until his drug test.

Williams and Davis should be studs. Guys like Zay Jones and JuJu Schuster are just like a Robert Woods type. Why not try to have 2 stud WRs?

Because we rarely throw the ball and our QB is meh. I'd rather draft a QB and hope he's better than TT. 2 stud WRs is useless imo. If we want to draft a pass catcher in rd 1 I'd rather go with oj Howard. Fits our scheme better imo.

Prefer to go defense rd 1. We need an OLB (Reddick, Davis, Cunningham if Foster is off of our board) badly. Like....really bad

Because we rarely throw the ball and our QB is meh. I'd rather draft a QB and hope he's better than TT. 2 stud WRs is useless imo. If we want to draft a pass catcher in rd 1 I'd rather go with oj Howard. Fits our scheme better imo.

Prefer to go defense rd 1. We need an OLB (Reddick, Davis, Cunningham if Foster is off of our board) badly. Like....really bad

None are good value there. It's an offensive league and Sammy has injury problems.

Your mock draft selection were poor ones in my opinion. Disagreeing with your draft doesn't mean a thing about my football knowledge, it means I have an opinion that is contrary to yours. You chose a LB who cannot play the one open linebacking position we have open, instead opting for a plodding player who could likely only play SAM, the one position we actually have backups for.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.