Sullivan: One GM gone, one to go.

JM2009

Is it too early to point out that the Pegula's havent had this team for very long?

Rookie owners.....

- First they went with the boots on the ground that they did not hire.......which was Marrone (understandable at the time....)

- Then they hired Rex Ryan....in the end it was a bad hire.....but what is the thought process behind it? He has coached playoff teams.....was a big fish on the market.....is it really THAT crazy that they would choose a experienced coach as they are new owners? it didnt work out.

- Now they are going with the young respected former coordinator young blood approach

It IS a little suprising that whaley survived through all of this whether his firing would have been the right or wrong move.....everyone should hope he stays because that will mean that McDermott worked out.

He touched on it briefly today , it feels like he would have kept Marrone. Marrone bolts and he has to find a coach. I think he kind of fell in to a first marriage situation, and he married the girl with the best ass and breasts at the bar. He realized 18 month in I have nothing in common with this guy and I don't like the way he does thing. Now he has a coach that he likes and respects., we shall see , most coaches fail but this team needs stability in the worse way

Because Whaley and the Bills have accomplished so much under his wat

When it comes to personal whom are you judging Whaley against ?

If the Bills had offered Kyle Shanahan the job or Jim Bob Cooter the head coaching position they would have taken it. If we upgrade our GM/Football Department some of the best minds are from the Green Bay tree. Green Bay Wisconsin isn't anything better than Buffalo.

The issue is the Pegulas refuse to hire a great football mind and let them run the show.

the location of the team has zero to do with. Green bay , Kanas city, Jacksonville Oakland, Detroit, Minnesota, Houston are not exactly the best hot cities. Green bay has to play games in Milwaukee lst 70's and early 80's

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He touched on it briefly today , it feels like he would have kept Marrone. Marrone bolts and he has to find a coach. I think he kind of fell in to a first marriage situation, and he married the girl with the best ass and breasts at the bar. He realized 18 month in I have nothing in common with this guy and I don't like the way he does thing. Now he has a coach that he likes and respects., we shall see , most coaches fail but this team needs stability in the worse way

the location of the team has zero to do with. Green bay , Kanas city, Jacksonville Oakland, Detroit, Minnesota, Houston are not exactly the best hot cities. Green bay has to play games in Milwaukee lst 70's and early 80's

One of the things I keep saying which I still believe to be true

You can hate these coaching hires.....you can blame El Pegula if you want....but one thing he does not do is get stubborn on a hire because its HIS hire......

If it isnt working out.....he gets rid of coaches and starts over...he could have EASILY given Rex another year given he gave him a 5 year contract.....

He didnt....he wants to win

No, but it's only been 4 years since he said that. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is an NFL team if you're gonna do it right.

Whaley's "7-9 is not good enough" was his version of "the brand is tarnished".

Hot air showing they understand the obvious......but, of course, no actual answers.

We are no closer to the playoffs then when he became GM. I like Taylor, but the rest of the roster has too many holes, again, and lacks good depth, again.

Once again Jerry nails it.

Sean McDermott talks about "respecting the process" whatever that means, so far he just speaks in general platitudes that inspires nothing.

Today Pegula says it takes character, discipline, communication, structure. Yawn.

Just win, because this song and dance of hiring and firing and new mission statements doesn't fool anyone. The Bills stink and haven't had a QB since 1996, the Sabres have low talent.

All those platitudes are nice, but both GMs need to draft elite talent because working hard and waking up at 3:00 am is not going to get it done on the Playoffs.

The other GMs that actually have their teams in the Playoffs.

He's had enough time, he's had enough chances.

Once again Jerry nails it.

Sean McDermott talks about "respecting the process" whatever that means, so far he just speaks in general platitudes that inspires nothing.

Today Pegula says it takes character, discipline, communication, structure. Yawn.

Just win, because this song and dance of hiring and firing and new mission statements doesn't fool anyone. The Bills stink and haven't had a QB since 1996, the Sabres have low talent.

All those platitudes are nice, but both GMs need to draft elite talent because working hard and waking up at 3:00 am is not going to get it done on the Playoffs.

The other GMs that actually have their teams in the Playoffs.

He's had enough time, he's had enough chances.

Exactly.

Since you asked,

I don't really give a !@#$ what happens to the Sabres, but I do have a 3-step plan to fix the Bills.

1. Throw all of Ralph's trash to the curb.

2. Replace them with football people that have no association with Ralph or any of his trash.

3. If the new people aren't successful after 3 years at most, repeat step 2.

It all begins with step 1 though. :)

This